|3| 𝙸𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐

" You can't tell her!"

" Dick out of everyone she deserves to know. She will find out. How do you think she's going to react then?"

" Kory, she's already lost so much. I can't-"

" What are you guys talking about?" Harper frowned. She had emerged from her bedroom following the stringent sounds of hushed tones only to find Kory and Dick in a heated battle in the living room. The others stood on the sidelines, their eyes downcast, avoiding her questioning gaze.

Dick and Kory fell silent as their heads snapped towards the brunette. An empty glass in hand as she looked at the group in question. What was going on?

Harper took careful steps towards them, her eyes flickered over each of their faces before she met Dick's panicked stare.

" What's going on? Why do you all look like you've seen a ghost?" she chuckled nervously. Her heart thumped in her chest as she stood up beside them.

Dick lurched forward his hand tightening around her arm as he brought her to a halt. His eyes were wide as fear shot through his body.

" Harper-"

The group of crime fighters were silenced when the heart stopping voice of the news station filled their ears. Harper glanced at the man beside her in confusion before turning her attention on the TV.

Oh, how she wished she didn't.

Harper felt as if she was plunged into ice cold water as the breath was knocked from her lungs. No. Harper whimpered. It wasn't true.

Harper stumbled back and almost as if it was in slow motion her body slackened and the glass dropped to the floor. Its shards shattering, just like her heart.

" Batman's ally, Robin, was found dead tonight..."

Harper didn't hear anything after that. Her eyes trained on the screen as the words flashed again and again.

Robin was dead. Her Jason was gone.

Dick jerked as he caught her trembling frame in his arms. Harper clawed at him as her breathing became erratic. Her teary eyes met his and that's when Harper lost it.

" Tell me it's not true" she stuttered. Her eyes pleading as she bored her gaze into his. " Please tell me they're lying. That he isn't-" Harper choked as she felt her knees cave in.

Dick fell with her to the floor as he pulled her into his chest. Harper brought her hands to her ears as she rocked back and forth. The words it's not true tumbling from her lips in grief stricken murmurs.

Dick's arms tightened around her as he looked up at the rest of the Titans. Gar was struggling to hold in his tears as Ryder had moved to hold him. Kory looked away as Harper's gut wretching sobs filled their ears.