|26| 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚒𝚛

Harper had arrived with the remaining Titans to Mr. Freeze's lair, an Ice cream factory on the skirts of Gotham where Dick had informed her  Crane and Jason were, after his venture with Barbara to track them down.

Harper spun her arrow in hand, feeling the familiar weapon in grasp, lighting up her face. It had been a while since she was geared up, embodying the euphoric complex of being Artemis. She wouldn't lie, she missed this feeling.

Harper notched her arrow, perked up from a beam in the roof as she let it fly, erupting smoke down below giving them the perfect distraction to emerge.

The rest of the Titans were down below when the chaos erupted. She could hear the panicked calls of order before Dick addressed them, his electric batons buzzing with electricity.

" Shoot them!" one of the men yelled. They raised their guns, fingers on the trigger before Harper's voice rang out from the shadows.

" Not so fast, tough guys!" she jeered as she dropped a flash grenade in their direction. It erupted with a bang, the men momentarily blinded as their shrieks reached her ears. That was their moment. Harper dropped to the ground, her figure crouched as the rest rushed forward.

The group split as Dick joined her side. She sent him a grin as he twirled his baton in hand. Dick pulled her by her band giving her a quick kiss before they pulled a part. " Been a while since we've done that."

" Will be longer if one of us is dead" she chuckled as she replaced her bow with her daggers. " Now kick some ass,  yeah" she told him before whirling her dagger into a man's back behind Dick who looked over his shoulder. She threw him a wink before they departed.

Harper drove her knee into the approaching man's gut, grabbing his arm and slamming the hilt of her dagger into his skull, knocking him out.  She spun around in a beat, her heel driving into a temple of another before she grabbed the last man by his wrist, twisting her body to the side and sending his body sprawled onto the ground before she dug her dagger into his heart.

Harper looked up, blood splattered lightly on her cheek as Dick slammed his baton into his final opponent. He straightened up as she made her way towards him.

" God I missed this" she breathed, feeling the addicting adrenaline running through her veins.

" Yeah, well, you still look hot doing it." he mused, rubbing the ruby remnants off her cheeks. His lips met hers briefly as she tilted her head up, his palm on her cheek.

" Really, right now?"

They separated as Kory sauntered up to them. Harper laughed as they made their way towards the machine which they had gathered as the main power source of Crane's operation.

Harper smiled at Kory who met her stare. Both girls thinking the same thing. " You thinking what I'm thinking" Harper mused as Kory lit up a flame in her palm. " Stand back" Kory grinned as the two girls pushed Dick behind them.