|15| 𝙸𝚜 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑?

Harper dropped onto the bed, her eyes shut as she held her head in her hands.

This couldn't be happening.

She felt white hot anger course through her veins as her knee bounced agitatedly. Jason. Out of all people it had to be him. She looked up, her eyes blurry as she saw the photo of the two of them on his dresser. Her lips curled as her hands fisted.

The longer she stared at the photo the more enraged she got. It felt crushing, like she couldn't move, couldn't think. She wanted to kill him, but then again, could she bring herself to it. Stoop to his level. Leave it to Hank.

She flung the ornaments on the beside table, the books crashing to the floor as she stood up, a scream of pure and utter agony tearing through her.

" Fck!" she cursed as she brought her hands to her head, tears pooling in her eyes as she turned. " Fck you Jason! Fck you!" she whimpered as she slid down to the floor.

The door slid open quietly as she brought her knees to her chest, not bothering to look at the uninvited guest.

" I can understand him" Ryder said as he closed the door gently. " Then again, it depends on the person." Harper scoffed softly as he slid down beside her. His back resting against the mattress, while he looked ahead.

" He was lonely, anxious and felt the need to prove himself " Ryder said. " I was the same "

" He had a family. " she said softly.

  " Harper he had a team, he had you, but he felt as if he didn't belong. "

" And that's supposed to justify what he did." she snapped, her teary eyes meeting his." I'm supposed to act as if the kid I treated as my own blood didn't become a psychopath, a murdering despot . " she clenched her jaw as she glared at him. " We've done some pretty fcked up shit to get us here Ryder, but turning against family. That's a line you do not cross."

" Then why did you take me in." he said harshly " How are Jason and I so different then. "