|33|𝙽𝚒𝚡𝚒𝚎

Harper's eyes fluttered open before squinting at the harsh light. A soft groan escaped her lips, her head feeling heavy as she suppressed a wince.

She could hear the slight tunes filter through the speakers as she furrowed her brows.

Harper grunted as she tugged at the restraints around her wrists and ankles. A curse flew from her lips before she paused hearing the shuffle of footsteps.

" Good, you're awake"

Harper scoffed as Crane danced towards her, he was clean shaven now, hair styled back as he frolicked in one of Bruce's suits. He sauntered up to her and it took every inch of self control to remain calm.

" What do you want from me Crane?" she said as her head dropped slightly. Crane stopped in his stride and turned to face her. His head tilted before he crouched down to eye level, a sadistic grin tearing his face.

" We're bonding Nixie" he taunted as she pulled away from him, arching her back into the chair. " I can call you Nixie right?"

Harper's glare hardened. " No"

Crane let out a noise of disapproval as he took a step away from her with a click of his fingers " Dang, you're such a buzz kill Nix, even after I patched you up."

The woman rolled her eyes as she pulled at her restraints. " What are you even doing here Crane? Was Gotham not enough for you?"

She saw his eye twitch before it was replaced by a wicked smile. " This is like my cherry on top. " he said as he paced. " You see lil Brucie thinks he has me all figured out, undermines me. But he's wrong. I'm Scarecrow, one of the most gruesome villains Gotham has ever seen. And he calls me pitiable."

A small smirk pulled at her lips as he grew red. " You're scared aren't you?"

Crane's head snapped in her direction as he slammed his hands on the armrest, his face inches from hers.

" I am not scared" he hissed, but Harper just smiled.

" Bruce is right about you Crane. Living behind others to carry out your work. Isn't that want you're doing with Jason, why your masterplan has gotten you this far. It's truly sad Crane. "

Harper didn't flinch as he whipped out his pocket knife, the tip of the blade pressed against her throat.  " Watch your tongue Nixie, before you lose it."

" You think this is the first time I've been like this" she chastised, a silly tantalising grin splitting her face. " You could only dream of what I've been through."

" Oh really. Pay careful attention as to how you play your cards Ms Phoenix. I'm not like everyone you've met. " He smirked as he pocketed his knife and took a step back, adjusting his suit with a huff.