|7|𝙱𝚊𝚛𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚊 𝙶𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚗

" So the Joker just killed him?" Gar frowned as he rested his palm on his hand. Conner sat beside him as Kory and Ryder stood opposite the young heroes.

Kory hummed in agreement as she rested her hands on her hips. Her eyes filling with disappointment towards the young boy.  " Sounds like Jason went after him the same way he went after Deathstroke."

Ryder eyed his boots at the latter's name. " He'd really do something so reckless?" Ryder questioned as Kory glanced at him. A light scoff passing her lips. " You didn't know Jason."

" Jason was careless and impulsive. He based his actions off emotion" Kory muttered. " When he went after them he was alone and unprepared." She crossed her arms over her chest. Anger flaring up inside her. " I'm so angry"

Conner glanced up, he met her sorrowed ones as he questioned. " At the Joker?"

Kory shook her head, her tone bitter.  " No" she denied. " At Jason."

The three men looked at her in confusion. Why would Kory even believe that? Sure Jason was more so than often a problem but he was family. He meant something to them.  " Why Jason?" Gar frowned.

" Because he never learned!" Kory chastised. " When he left the Titans to go to Gotham he was alone and angry and I get that but-" she said as her face morphed into unease. " Dick had hoped he would figure things out with Bruce, but he never did. He clearly just kept on making the same mistakes over and over and it finally got him killed. " Her eyes saddened.  " Harper had broken his walls down, but ever since what happened Jason went back. He never evolved. He went back to his own worst instincts." Kory muttered as she looked at the two superheroes in front of her, her eyes pleading. ''Don't let that happen to you."

Ryder placed a comforting hand on her shoulder as she smiled gently at him. Conner and Gar looked at her as she emphasised her words of advice, hoping they'd listen- the way Jason never did. " Keep learning okay, keep growing "

Kory sighed as she left them, her eyes finding Ryder's warm ones as they drifted away from the two boys. " First Donna, now Jason. I'm sick of losing people." she said as Ryder rubbed her shoulders soothingly.   " You won't, you guys have lost enough. " he consoled as she nodded absentmindly. But deep down she hoped he was right.