| 9 | 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜

When Dick and Harper arrived at the loft, it didn't strike her then and there the extents the young boy was capable of going.

Dick slid open the door as he raised his flashlight, Harper followed swiftly behind as she slammed it shut after her.

The room was dark, a table filled with all kinds of equipment from chemicals to lab formulas were scattered across it.  They approached it with curiosity as Harper took in the liquids filled in beakers while Dick picked up one with pills.

" What were you doing buddy?" Dick said as he sighed deeply. He found an inhaler which he quickly pocketed. Harper rounded the table, her flashlight picking up a small cap with a yellow substance.

" Hey Dick" she called as he glanced up, she held the small container to show him.

Dick spun around as Harper grabbed the dagger sheathed in her jacket as she hid it behind her back when the door rattled. She placed the substance in her pocket as Dick moved to the side while she disappeared behind the pillar the minute the door opened.

A man walked in as Harper flung her dagger, it whizzed past him catching the man off guard as Dick took his opportunity and emerged from the shadows grabbing his arm and landing a blow to his stomach. The man grunted as Dick disarmed the gun from him, sliding it to Harper who picked it up.

Dick slammed him onto the table before he collapsed to the floor. He picked him up by his shirt while Harper stood opposite him.

" Who are you?" Dick questioned, but the man refused an answer. Dick slammed his head onto the table, his head smashing the glass before he was yanked back up. Dick shot him a glare before slamming him down once again. Harper leaned forward as she pressed the end of the gun to his head.

" He asked who the hell are you?" she whispered darkly as she pushed the metal further into the back of his head.

The man panicked as he felt the cool metal, his arm twisted as glass pricked his skin. " I sell in this building. I heard someone's cooking something new here. Didn't want the competition. But if it's you...?"

Harper removed the gun from his head as she shook her head. " I'm not selling drugs and neither are you." he said. " So if you come here peddling your shit again" he yanked the man up, a hiss leaving his lips.

" She'll sort you out" Dick explained  as he and the man looked at Harper who winked. The gun aimed at his head as she mouthed a bang.

" Do you understand?" Dick said as the man relented. But he wasn't going to let him go so easily. A loud snap echoed through the building followed by his scream as he grabbed his shoulder.

Harper rounded the table as she crouched down beside him, the man whimpering as she patted his shoulder, her lips pursed in faux sympathy before she grabbed his keys and followed Dick who closed the door and locked it behind him.