| 18 | 𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚜

" Paris?"

" For now" Dawn had uttered, her suitcase behind her as she dared her wavering glance at the couple. Her hands were shoved in her pockets, walls built high and her heart rattling in tiny pieces as her recurring hellish reality plagued her every second, of every moment.

The trigger. His face. His smile. His kisses. Their love. She needed out, she needed to breathe. But she needed to realise how she was to carry on a legacy with only one half still intact. Maybe she should've joined him when he had insisted they drop out of this life. Maybe she should've listened and pushed aside her selfish desires. Maybe, just maybe, had she not pushed him away- he would still be alive and in her arms.

Dawn spoke softly as they stood in the hanger, the jet looming behind her as she inhaled deeply." I'll hole up in my family's place . See what the world looks like without Dove"

" I liked how it looked before." Dick said as she looked at the brunette before gazing into his eyes. " I worry where your mind is going" she drawled. " Both of you."

" Jason has to be stopped" Harper mumbled pathetically, her eyes lowered as she traced the lines on the floor. " He will be stopped." she said more forcefully before meeting Dawn's nulled blue eyes.

" Is it as easy as you make it out to be Harp" the platinum blonde treaded lightly. Harper furrowed her brows as Dawn stepped closer to her.

" You loved Hank, Harper" The woman smiled sadly, her tears pooling in her eyes. " But you also loved Jason."

" He killed Hank, Dawn" Harper spat heavily, her words coming out in painful pants. " After I had begged, pleaded. But Jason severed whatever we had when he decided his blinding need to prove something, to be something was more important than family."

Dawn bit her lip as a fiery red flame sparked in the brunette's eyes. Her words stung, dripped in venom and bathed in grief.

" You worry me Harper" Dawn whispered. " You bare too much. So please, before it's too late. Think. "

" I will avenge him Dawn. I can assure you of that." Harper promised as the woman nodded pitifully. She pulled the taller girl into her embrace as Harper held back her tears.

" He loved you, so much. Don't forget that"

Dawn choked on her sob as Harper wiped her tears lightly. She sent the woman a small smile as she made her way to Dick.

Dawn pulled him into a hug as she leaned into his comforting arms. Her lips mouthing words Harper failed to make out.

" Make sure you look after her Dick. I'm scared she's going to do something not even you could pull her out of."

Dick nodded obediently, sparing said girl a look. " I will. You look after yourself alright."

Dawn nodded as she took a step back, grabbing her bag as she made her way to the plane.

" Love you guys" Dawn chimed as they echoed her farewell. Dawn sent them a wave before she boarded, leaving behind everything for hopefully a better time.

When Dawn had finally departed, Harper felt her stomach churn. It was overwhelming. The finality of the situation bleeding into her as she took a deep breath. Her words almost in a scream against the silence.

" I'm heading to Star City for a bit. To clear my head. " She had muttered. Dick's brows shot up as his eyes widened at her statement.

" Now?" he said rather harshly

" I can't stay here Dick. It's just a few days. I need to do something " she said as he looked at her in disbelief.

" You're running again aren't you?" he said slowly as her glare solidified.

" Running?" she scoffed. " Is that what it is."

Dick shook is head, almost aimlessly as he gnawed at his lip. " Whenever something happens, that we fail to do, your only answer is to run. What, is crying to Oliver and Dinah your solution. " he spat. " What happened to stopping Jason huh?"

Harper could feel the anger burning within her. He had no right, no right to tell her that. He had no say in what she could or could not do. He was not her dictator. Harper's hands trembled at her sides, her glare never wavering from his equal stare.

" I am not running Dick" she gritted out, taking a step forward. " Once again you don't take blame for your actions. You pin it on everyone else, accuse everyone but yourself and then call us cowards. You're a hypocrite Dick. Because once again, your plans failed and people died. Who is really running Dick?"

He didn't say anything, he didn't want too. Maybe she was right. But maybe he was too. She was running, she had been most of her life. It was easier that way and a lot less painful.

Harper let her head drop in defeat.      " I'm not arguing with you Dick. Think whatever you like, you tend to do that anyway."

She turned her back to him, her hand fitting into her pocket as she fished out her phone. " I'll be gone no more than two days, take this moment to finally breathe and clear your head. If you don't, another one of us might end up dead. "

Dick watched as she left. The man drew in a sharp breath, a curse breaking from his lips as he screwed his eyes shut in frustration.

Once again he had drove her away.