Worried.- 36

Heather POV

It's been five days since I've seen Leo. after the confession, he walked out, and the last thing he said was

"you deserve so much more than you think you do."

ever since then, I have been in the hospital getting my treatment.

I jump up a little and drop my book, which I have been trying to concentrate on for many hours, when Alex, Sophia and Ash come in with candies and board games in their hand, but Alex is carrying a pillow.

ever since I've been here, Alex sort of moved in with me. He argued with the hospital until they allowed him to stay. I don't even know how he got them to agree when I asked him and he said I gave the doctor a good piece of me and she was screaming yes.

Disgusting...

Alex places his pillow down on the couch and walks up to me sitting beside me.

" how you feeling" Ash speaks, sitting down on the couch

" good" i smile

"I brought you some fresh pair of pajamas in case you wanna change into them" Sophia beams a smile at me and I give her a soft smile back

she's always the one who extends her hand first when someone needs help. in other words the nice one.

" Alex" I whisper, and his gaze turns to me from Sophias and hums for me to keep going

" w-wheres L-Leo" I look into Alex his eyes that are now a bit darker.

"I don't know and don't care."

" Alex you guys are best friends" I hate the fact that because of me their friendship is breaking off. I never wanted that

"I don't give a fuck. he hurt you" he spits out

" he never hurt me"

lies.

" then how did you get hurt? all these bruises" he studies my face, and I take another deep breath

" I got in a fight. I know I'm not the person to fight. there were some people that came up to Leo, and i didn't like the way one of the girl hit Leo, and so i jumped in" i smile trying to make the bullshit of the lie believable.

Alex has known Leo ever since they were kids.

wait...does Alex know about Leo's underground gang shit?

" stop bullshitting me, Heather."

I look at him taking another deep breath to calm myself

" where is Leo." I ask with more seriousness in my voice.

" he came home five days ago and then left saying he has work. he hasn't been back since then." Ash spoke up looking at me and I gulp thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to him. after the incident of me being kidnapped at his house, I wonder what could happen to him.

worse.

" mom and dad are going crazy about him but I told them he is at his friend's catching up on school work. I don't know where is he but wherever he is he needs to get back home before mom and dad become worse." Ash says with frustration in her tone

he might be in his big building...I need to check if he is okay.

I know I am stupid. After everything how is there any way that I can't trust him. I can't. but I still love him. I have questions. why didn't he just kill me? he didn't care about me at that time so why not end me?