Enough.-19

" I like you"

I stare at him Speechless by his confession.

What the fuck is going on what does he mean by that.

" Heather" he whispers looking at me but I don't budge.

Like...me? What...

" Heather" he whispers my name again.

The door swings open making me flinch, I turn my head towards the door and watch the doctor standing looking at me.

Doctor rose..... the last person, I want to see right now.

" give me and Heather some privacy" the doctor spoke

I don't want to hear her bull shit. Whatever she says never comes out good. Her voice and eyes are always filled with pity. I hate it.

" I don't want to talk to you." I spit my words at her.

She looks at me with those pity eyes that I hate.

" Leo please leave for a moment," she says taking a deep breath. Leo looks at me then at the doctor. He stands up straight removing me from his trap and making his way out of the room.

I glare at the doctor and then look away.

" Heather. Have you been taking drugs?"

I swing my head towards her with a scoff. " really... what do you think I am"

" Heather your reports-" she stops her words taking a deep breath " your reports came out horrible. Your body has been getting weaker and weaker Heather. There is a drug we found in your blood and it's a very strong drug."

I look at her and frown " listen up doctor. The only drugs I take are the ones you give me. And I don't give a fuck about your damn reports" I rip the iv out of my hand.

This shit does no good.

I jump off the bed making my way towards the door.

" Heather!" I flinch as the door swings open appearing an angry Alex.

Alex isn't the type to get mad so easily, but when he gets mad. it is scary

" A-Alex what's wrong" I gulp hard looking at him as he glares back at me.

he grabs a paper out of his pocket opens the paper which was folded and shoves it in my face.

the report...

" fucking explain this heather, what the fuck is this!" he yells loud making me take a step back.

" you said you wanted to go to your appointments by yourself. I convinced your mom and dad for you. even I didn't come with you to respect your decision, but you break my fucking trust?!"

oh no.. fuck

" you joined the fucking team! you disguised yourself! do you not fucking realize how you almost fucking died!!" he breaths heavily with his face becoming red from anger.

there is nothing I can say right now. anything I will say will make him mad. my reason for joining will make him go over the edge with his anger.

I look up at him and meet his glare, I take a deep breath to speak " A-Alex c-calm d-down-" 

" calm down?!" he interrupts me.

fuck.. wrong choice of words..

he runs his hands through his hair taking a seat on the hospital bed " heather." he whispers, I look down at my hands fidgeting with them. " why did you lie. why did you not go to the appointments and why the fuck-" he takes a sharp breath looking at me but I didn't dare to look up " why did you put yourself in a situation where you almost died." his voice low this time, I heard a crack in his voice making my head swing up at him.

as soon as our eyes lock he looks away looking down gripping his fist, his knuckles turning white  " answer me heather!" he yells again making me flinch.

" w-what's the point" I whisper, he looks up at me frowning "what's the point in it, Alex. I'm not going to get better. In every appointment, I've had so far all they have done is just try experiments on me to see what could help me and what cant. nothing works Alex nothing works!" I raise my voice a little with my eyes tearing up

" all these tests that I do, nothing comes out of it. no matter what Alex I won't get better. I'm sick of it for fuck sakes Alex!" I look up meeting his eyes, tears trailing down my cheeks. " I'm sick of coming to this rotten hospital! on this rotten bed! those pity eyes that these doctors give me! and the sorry after each session. what is there left? even you know that there's nothing left anymore. I am not going to get better!" I pant heavily wiping my tears.

" ever since day one I have always been to the hospital. I couldn't do what normal kids can do. when the kids have fun running around in the field enjoying their life here I am in the fucking hospital with god knows what test being done to me!" 

I take a deep breath trying to stop the tears from falling nonstop but I fail to do so. " I want to run Alex! I want to feel the feeling of being breathless! feeling tired after enjoying! I want to be free! I feel like i am trapped in a fucking cage with no way out. In the game, I did what I wanted to do. yes, I did to it get closer to Leo, but Alex.." I look at him with tears coming down nonstop.

" It felt so good." I smile a little sniffing " the feeling of being in a team. the feeling of me running fast along with everyone. running to my goal and scoring was one of the most heartful feelings I've ever fucking felt. at some point, I forgot I was there for Leo. I wanna run like that Alex. I wanna scream like that. I wanna jump up and down when scoring a goal I wanna run after my target and beat them Alex!" I lick my dry lips running my hand through my hair and sliding it back from my face.

"I was out of breath. but it felt so fucking good. I actually had fun for the first time in my life I was the happiest I could ever be." I whisper.

" so yes. i will do it again if i want to." i look up at doctor rose and then at Alex.

"I dont know how long I will be alive. And I gave up on finding a cure a long time ago. now I want to live. even if it means me being on death's door I dont give a fuck. I want to live for as long as I can." I wipe my tears and turn storming out of the room slamming the door behind me.

" That was a great speech there"

I stop my tracks looking back at Leo leaning towards the door.

" wanna get away from here?" he tilts his head

I really want to get out of here. I know Alex will try to follow me to change my mind as always. right now I am very exhausted for that. and Leo asking me to get away from here...with him. makes it a thousand times better.

I sniff rubbing my cheeks and eyes to wipe out all the tears and nod.

he walks up to me and grabs my hand, " Then let's run to my car before Alex comes out" he smiles

I look down at our hands and hold his hand tight. I smile looking at him.

he starts running and I run along with him holding his hand, I turn my head back to see the door then back at Leo.

this is perfect. this is where I need to be. I'm running with Leo right now. what more could I ask for there to be. running away together. holding each other's hands. this is it. even if it's for a brief moment. this is it.