|19| 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜

The mist had rolled in, a greyish ambiance chilling her spine as whisps blew around her.

Harper clenched the white roses in her hand as the leaves cruched under her boots. She made her way further towards her heart as Star City's frigid air nipped her skin.

It felt almost sinister, depressing and just plain heartbreaking. She was here yet again but this time with even less than when she had arrived.

The young woman halted in her step, a marble arch with intricate white text decorating it stood before her. The roses feeling heavy in her grasp as she thumbed the cleaned stems.

𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑀𝑖𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑉𝑒𝑛𝑢𝑠 𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑥
𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑛, 𝑑𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠
𝑀𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑐𝑒

Harper crouched down at the foot of her parents grave. Her hand reaching out to gently place it on the stone as she let her finger glide over their names.

They had shared one grave, buried beside each other rather than next to. They had always wished to be buried together. The same way they lived. The same way they died. Together.

Harper sunk to the floor, her knees pulling under her legs as she gently held the bouquet. She placed it onto the grave, the stark white against the earthy brown.

Her mother loved roses, they were her favourite. It had been the flower Micheal had given her when they had first met as teenagers. It was the same ones she held as she walked down the aisle marrying the man she loved and would still even till their ends. It was the same ones Venus would weave through Harper's curly brown hair. It was the same ones that now laid on her deathbed.

" Hi mom, hey dad" Harper had whispered as her eyes flittered over the relic. " It's been a while"

Harper had visited her parents grave every chance she could. The days had grown less frequent, from her now in San Francisco with the Titans and the constant war they were fighting. She had finally made her way back to her parents, just this time with more sorrow in her heart than ever before.

" I'm sorry for not visiting more often. Things are really difficult right now." she hitched as she tried to stifle her emotions. Tears made it's way into her eyes as she bit them back.

" I don't know what to do, dad." she whimpered defeatedly. " I'm losing. Everyone around me is dying. Kory isn't coping well, she's paranoid and treading on ice. Rachel isn't here. Donna is gone and Hank. " she stopped. " Hank's dead and Jason was responsible."

She interlocked her hands harshly. " I feel like I'm being ripped apart. " her heart rattled as she breathed out shakily.

" Tell me what to do, mom" she pleaded looking at the stone. " Please, please tell me."

A tear slipped down her cheek as she pulled her knees to her chest. " I need you guys. "

Harper sat beside her parents as her tears began to flow more freely. It felt crushing and it was if the dams she had built so high finally came crashing down. Harper shook as she released every emotion screaming inside her, every thought and every word she could never utter to her parents. All they could do was listen.

Harper remained there until the last rays of day disappeared and the moon rose into the sky, illuminating her tear stained face and reddened eyes. She had waited for a few more moments, taking in the silence before she had to leave, not knowing when she would be back.

Harper dusted her pants as she sniffled lightly, her hand carefully making sure everything was perfect before she softly pressed her forehead to the cool stone, whispers of longing and farewells leaving her lips before she too turned her back and left without another word.

Harper had lost a lot in her life; family, friends. But there was something urging her to push forward and to not give up. A feeling of persistence and encouragement she had always received growing up. Yes, Harper did lose more than ever, but she wasn't alone. And she would never be alone.

With her parents lingering in mind she made her way to those she cherished and to those she would fight desperately for. Harper left the cemetery with a new found determination and a spark for vengeance.