𝟎𝟐𝟗 - Missing Ex Husband

{Chapter Twenty Nine - Missing Ex Husband}

WILLIAM WAKES UP IN THE GLASSED CAGE AND IS CONFUSED, WORRIED AND A BIT ANGRY. "What the fuck, Love?"

"Good! You're awake!" Love smiles, looking up at him. "Did you enjoy your rest?"

William glares at her. "LOVE WHAT AM I DOING IN HERE????!"

"You are waiting patiently to get out. And you're also secretly thanking me for helping you out a little." Love states, with a shrug.

"How long have I been asleep in here??!"

Love gets up from the chair she was sitting on. "I'd like to say that you've been asleep in there for twelve hours."

"What the literal fuck! Why are you keeping me in my old glass cage instead of letting me sleep in the new apartment I purchased, while I was divorcing Lydia fucking Saline." William crosses his arms and sits crisscrossed-applesauce.

Love sits on the floor, right by the cage. "I wanted to have a conversation where you can't just storm out of the room or building because you get mad over a question or comment."

"That is just insane. But continue."

"Lydia has been dating Benjamin Anders and has been having some complications with Forty, my brother. Did you know that she went to a writers retreat?" Love raises brow.

William nods. "Everyone knew she went a writers retreat because she told all her friends and me which I'm her ex husband so I don't get why she told me about that but yeah."

"Do you think you'll ever be able to date someone again after her?" Love inquires.

"Possibly. I just hope they won't do what she did to me."

Love giggles. "They won't. We won't let them."

"Is this a scheme against Lydia because she's fighting with Forty?" William questions as he puts the blanket on himself.

The brunette haired woman shakes her head out of denial. "It's not a scheme and they aren't just fighting. She let him drink vodka and I know he's a grown ass man but he had or has a drinking problem so it was very wrong for her to bring alcohol around him."

"I know Lydia. She would never intentionally try to make Forty relapse! Because she doesn't want to get in trouble with you. I mean we should be to be together because-"

"She doesn't deserve you!" Love interrupts.

William chuckles. "And you do?"

"I'm not trying to fucking be with you!" Love's quick to deny.

"The point is that Lydia wouldn't purposely try to hurt Forty like that." William says, remembering when he first met his ex wife.

Meanwhile,
Lydia's worried about William, he has called or texted her like he usually would. And he surely hasn't responded to any of her texts and calls.

Lydia knocks in Delilah's door, and when Delilah opens it the blonde gets straight to the point. "Have you seen William today? And did he even go to work?!"

Delilah leans against the doorway. "No. I haven't seen William and he didn't show up to work today...He also didn't call off which is weird because he normally always calls off if he's not going to show up."

"Okay. Now I'm really starting to worry..." Lydia rubs her forehead out of concern.

"We can put up missing person signs although people recommend to wait twenty four hours just in case."

Lydia exhales. "It's been twenty four hours since our last phone call that he was active in. So we can put up the flyers and start asking people if they've seen him."

"Alright. And relax. I'm sure William is fine, he's probably just taking time to himself so then he doesn't become angry." Delilah remarks.

Lydia furrows her brows at Delilah. "That's not how William operates! I know him a lot better than you. And I haven't heard from Love either! So since she's your girlfriend I'm assuming you know her better than me and how she operates."

"I know that Love sometimes takes time to herself so she doesn't answer her phone during that."

"Well William doesn't do that! He'd never do something like that." Lydia says, being confident in her reply.

"Maybe, maybe not. He's not your husband anymore so you don't really know what he would or wouldn't do." Delilah points out, shrugging.

Lydia's speechless. She doesn't know how to respond to that because Delilah's right, and she knew she was right. "I-I suppose I see your point..."

Delilah goes outside, closing and locking the door behind her. "Come on. Let's go find William and make flyers to put up."

The two women leave, determined to find out where William was and if he was even missing.