𝟎𝟎𝟐 - The Imperfectly Perfect Girl

{Chapter Two - The Imperfectly Perfect Girl}

A DAY LATER, LYDIA WAS READING THE BOOK LOVE GAVE HER. She thought the book was nice, and a amazing representation of what Love said. Speaking of Love, she called Lydia while Lydia was reading the book.

Lydia answers the call not knowing it's Love, closing the book and setting it down on the coffee table after making sure there wasn't anything liquid on the coffee table. "Lydia Saline, or Jefferson speaking."

"Saline? Adorable." Love remarks, making donuts on the other side of the phone call.

Lydia recognizes her voice. "Love?"

"Yep. It's me, The Imperfectly Perfect Girl." She states, while putting the donuts into the oven.

Lydia playfully rolls her eyes. "Don't be idiotic."

"Oh. Do you want me to make another debate on how everyone can be slightly idiotic? You know I will." Love teases.

"But I enjoy when you debate, it gives me something to share my opinion on." Lydia says, out of complete honestly.

"Your husband doesn't let you do that?" Love asks, beginning to make the donuts glaze.

Lydia huffs. Not often. He's always busy with work. Or something. The only times he really pays attention is on Thursday's and all of the weekend but meh."

"He must be having an affair." Love comments, while she stops making the donut glaze.

"No, No. No. He's not having an affair he's just busy. That's all, Love." Lydia's quick to deny.

"Trust me, Lydia. I know all about affairs and the early symptoms of a spouse having one." Love states.

"Love-"

"So where does he work? Let's go spy." Love gets all excited about this.

"Love. He's not cheating. So please stop." Lydia says in a firm tone.

"Boo hoo, you." Love rolls her eyes.

"Same goes to you. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to read 'Desperate Characters', so have a good day. Love." Lydia hangs up, picking the book up again, opening it to the chapter she was reading.

Love on the other hand was determined to expose Lydia's husband. She would stop at nothing. Until she could prove it. Even if it means she has to play the role of the mistress for a day.