𝟎𝟏𝟏 - Kindness Serves

{Chapter Eleven - Kindness Serves}

A FEW DAYS LATER, LOVE WAS PLANNING HER REVENGE ON JULIETTE FOR WHAT SHE WANTED LOVE TO DO TO FORTY. She also packed her things to go to her parents second wedding that's happening someplace else in California.

Lydia knocks on the front door, waiting for Love to open it. And when she did, Love saw her holding a pie pan, wrapped in Aluminum foil.

"Hi. I thought I'd give you this, it's blackberry flavored." Lydia hands the pie to her.

Love smiles, taking it. "Thank you. Do you want to come in? I'm just packing but I could use the company."

"Sure!" Love lets Lydia inside, and Lydia sits on the cozy couch, looking around.

The brunette closes the door, continuing to pack. "So. Where's William?"

"He's at work. He's been very busy this past week. So it's been pretty lonely at home. But tomorrow he'll have an off day." Lydia explains.

"Well. You can come with me. As like a plus one because my parents told us to bring plus ones and I was going to bring my friend Payton but then Forty said he's doing that." Love chuckles.

"I'd love to come. But that means I have to go pack. So I'll be right back." Lydia rushes to her house to pack, she was excited.

Love smiles, zipping her suitcase, putting it near the door. She goes on her phone and calls Juliette, who answers.

"Want to yell at me some more?" Juliette asks, huffing.

"No, I actually wanted to-"

It sounds like a big boom in the background, and then car noises. And then sirens. Love's eyes widen. "Juliette? Are you still there?"

This was NOT what Love planned. She hangs up the phone, hoping that Juliette is in a public area so someone can actually help her.

Love takes her suitcases and puts it in the trunk of her car, Lydia walks over to her with her belongings. "Nice car."

Love looks up at her. "Thank you. No one's ever complimented my car before. I don't think they've ever even noticed it."

"Anytime. And that sucks. It's stunning." Lydia slightly smiles, putting her things in the trunk after Love finished doing that as well.

Lydia finishes putting her things in the trunk of Love's car, and the brunette closed the trunk. "So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Love giggles, getting in the drivers seat, buckling her seatbelt. Lydia gets in the passengers seat and buckles her seatbelt as well.

When they arrived at the location, Love went to her tent, and began to unpack, Lydia unpacked in the same tent since Love said she could stay in the same one.

"I'm going to go look around." Lydia tells Love before leaving the tent.

Not so long after Lydia left the tent, Candace entered, sitting on Love's bed. "Lovey Dove. I know she's the girl."

Love turns to look at her, sighing, sitting on the bed as well. "Fine. She is. So what? She's married. To a man."

"You always did have terrible taste in partners." Candace jokes, chuckling.

Love chuckles along. "Yeah. But not you, right? And honestly think she's the one."

Candace shakes her head. "I wasn't terrible. So yeah. But how are you so sure that she's the one?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet. But she makes me happy. And she's just so proud of everything good she's done. I need someone like that in my life." Love explains.

Candace looks away for a second and then looks back at Love. "Did you hit Juliette with a car earlier? She's in the hospital. She's ok but still."

"I didn't do that. I didn't even plan on doing that. I was just going to get her fired for trying to get me to get Forty to sleep with her." The brunette denies, being honest.

"Ok. Well I have to go find Joe." Candace leaves quickly.

Love gets ready for the ceremony, she also puts golden hooped earrings on. Lydia comes back, smiling. "I know you've never said what your favorite flower was but I got you a daisy. They were the only flowers around so."

"I actually love Daisy's." Love walks over to her, chuckling.

"Oh, well great!" Lydia hands it to Love.

Love takes it, holding it. "Thank you."

After that it was a bit awkward, like awkward silence. Love decided to kiss Lydia. They both wanted something to happen to get rid of the awkwardness anyway. Even if it was a kiss.