𝟎𝟏𝟗 - A Messy Divorce

{Chapter Nineteen - A Messy Divorce}

ITS BEEN TWO MONTHS SINCE WILLIAM AND LYDIA DECIDED TO GET A DIVORCE. Lydia goes to Anarvin, hoping to talk to Love alone but Love was busy talking to Forty.

Forty looks around. "Delilah scares me."

Love chuckles. "What? She hasn't done anything extreme to you or in front of you."

"I know it's just that-"

"Hey guys." Delilah approaches them with coffees. Which makes Forty stand next to Love acting like he didn't just say he's scared of a harmless person.

"Hi." Love takes the coffee that Delilah got for her, "Thank you. And what's been going on? Last night when I texted you all you said was that you're confused."

"I am a bit confused over being Lydia's divorce attorney." Delilah chuckles, taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'll let you two talk." Forty takes his coffee and rushes away, speed walking at first and then he runs to the kitchen.

"I didn't even know you worked in the law field." Love giggles.

"Well I do. And the situation gets even more awkward since I work with William." Delilah facepalms.

"I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this and their whole shenanigans." Love apologizes, holding Delilah's hand.

Lydia gives them a glare before going to her office, where Juliette was waiting for her. "Juliette...you're back...! It's been a long time."

"Everything was fine before you came along." Juliette states, getting up from Lydia's office chair.

Lydia side-eyes-her. "I really don't have time for this. I have to go a divorce meeting so can you get the point? Please?"

"I'm going to destroy you like you did me." Juliette doesn't hesitate to tell her.

Lydia starts getting worried, getting tears in her eyes.

Juliette chuckles. "I'm just kidding, that'd be too easy on you. But I am going to make sure Love wants absolutely nothing to do with you." She leaves the office.

"Shit." Lydia cusses under her breath, grabbing her laptop before she left the building, going to the meeting.

When she arrived she sat down in a chair, waiting patiently for William's lawyer to say something about what William wants.

"William would like the beach house, the cabin in Hudson and well twenty five percent of the money you'll make off of whatever book you publish." The lawyer states.

"Excuse me?" Lydia glares at William.

Delilah sits up in her chair. "Okay and my client would like all of the money she'll make from her books along with the apartment you guys have now."

"You can have the apartment but I would like the twenty five percent." William shrugs.

"Is it even legal for a soon to be ex husband to demand twenty five percent of the money their soon to be ex wife makes earns from her book?" Lydia asks both of the attorneys in the room.

"Uh well yes it is. As long as you two don't get remarried." Delilah replies, looking at her client.

"O-okay then. I guess William can get twenty five percent." Lydia sighs.

"I'd like to double it up to Thirty." William says, with a slight shrug.

Delilah nods. "Okay we can-"

"Oh hell no! You are only going to get twenty five!!!" Lydia shouts.

"It's better than asking for seventy five percent!" William shouts back.

Delilah rolls her eyes. "ENOUGH. THIS DIVORCE IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT SO LETS ALL JUST SETTLE OH THIRTY AND CALL IT A DAY, DAMN. LYDIA YOU ARE BEING THE MOST SELF CENTERED RIGHT NOW."

Everyone else in the room gets silent and just looks at Delilah shocked. Not knowing how to respond to that at all.

Lydia blinks. "I-I guess we can settle on thirty percent."

"Agreed." William nods.