𝟎𝟐𝟐 - Writers Retreat

{Chapter Twenty Two - Writers Retreat}

DELILAH PARKS HER CAR ACROSS THE STREET FROM HENDERSON'S MANSION, MAKING SURE ELLIE DIDN'T SEE THEM. Ellie was taking pictures of the mansion, sending the pictures to a friend of hers.

Delilah sees what her younger sister is doing and begins to suspect something of it. "What the fuck is she doing?!"

"She's taking pictures of Henderson's mansion." Love replies, shaking her head slightly.

Delilah unbuckles her seatbelt. "But why? Why would Ellie take pictures of his house? Why is she even over there?!!"

"I have no idea. Want me to go over to her?" Love asks, unbuckling her seatbelt as well.

"Yes. Please."

Love gets out of the car and walks over to Ellie, who was still taking pictures of the mansion. "I hope your friends won't print those out or anything."

Ellie jumps. "Oh, Love! What are you doing here??"

"I should be asking you the same question." Love raises one of her dark brown eyebrows, crossing her arms.

Ellie puts her phone behind her back. "I'm doing a presentation for school, okay? So did Delilah put you up to this because if so she's being a bitchy liar because she signed the permission slip!"

Love scoffs. "I'm so sorry. I'll let you get back to doing your thing. Just don't get in trouble." Love walks back to the car, getting inside, buckling her seatbelt again.

"Your sister just lied and said she's doing a presentation for school and that you signed the permission slip." Love explains while she leans back in her seat.

"Why does she feel the sudden need to lie???!" Delilah gets out the car and stomps over to her younger sister, snatching her phone from out of her sisters hand.

Ellie looks at her older sister. "Give me my phone back, Delilah! What the hell?!"

Delilah puts her phone in the pocket of her jeans, not giving it back to the demanding fifteen year old. "NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH. I'M GETTING TIRED OF THESE LIES AND THE LIES ARE GETTING OLD."

"Fine! You wanna know everything? Well here's the truth! I know what he did to you when you were my age and I'm trying to get people to see that he wasn't the greatest man ever! HAPPY?"

"What...?" Delilah begins to calm down.

Ellie nods. "Yeah. That's why I've been lying, I wanted you be happily shocked when you hear the big news."

Delilah sighs. "Sorry about that then...Let's go home, it's almost time for dinner."

Delilah walks over to the car and so does Ellie, they two sisters get inside and buckle their seatbelts. However, Love had a plan for dinner.

Love grins a bit. "Instead of Delilah making dinner how about we go to Anarvin and I'll make us some dinner. It's past business hours anyway."

"Sounds great." Delilah remarks, driving to Anarvin.

When they arrived Love went straight the kitchen, chopping up tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions, yellow bell peppers, and some raw steak. She puts the steak and onion at the bottom of the pan after seasoning it with soy sauce along with a pinch of salt, putting the tomatoes and peppers at the top of it.

She puts the pan in the oven, pouring Delilah a glass of red wine and Ellie a glass of Hawaiian Punch. She makes herself a lemon margarita, putting salt on the rim of the cup.

When the food gets done cooking Love takes it out of the oven, setting it on the stove top, cutting everyone a slice, sliding their plates over to them. "Enjoy."

Delilah smiles, eating the food Love made for them. "Delicious." Ellie nods in agreement while sipping the Hawaiian Punch.

"Thank you for the compliments. For dessert I'll make us all some Black Forest Skillet Brownies." Love smiles and her phone rings, Love walks further away answering the call. "Hello?"

"Hi, sorry about earlier.." Lydia exhales.

Delilah and Ellie go into the aisles of the building, playing around with the sunglasses and dress-up items.

Love looks at them and then looks back at the counter. "I bet."

"Forty got me into a writers retreat so I'll hopefully stop being selfish and a bitch." The blonde chuckles a tiny bit.

Love nods. "Just...do what's best for you. And have a good time."

Which was exactly what Lydia needed to hear, the blonde hangs up after that conversation. And Love's letting go of Lydia and focusing more on Delilah. Well. At least for now.