𝟎𝟐𝟖 - Candace's Warning

{Chapter Twenty Eight - Candace's Warning}

"FORTY, IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST."

Lydia takes the blanket off of Forty, setting it at the top of the couch where it was before. "Do you prefer waffles or pancakes? and some goes between sausage and bacon."

"Waffles and Bacon." Forty replies, sitting up with a slight yawn.

"Okay." Lydia goes into the kitchen and gets the pancake batter out of the pantry.

"Specifically Loves key lime waffles with a pinch of sugar on the top." Forty smiles.

"Is everything you like made by Love or revolve around her?" Lydia asks in an annoyed tone.

"No. And how dare you do this." Forty gets up and puts his shoes on.

"Forty, I didn't mean-"

Forty interrupts. "Yes you did and now I mean that I'm going to Anarvin and I'm going to look at the 'who got fired this month' list and I'm gonna put your name up there for the enjoyment of this situation." He left, slamming the door shut behind him.

Lydia huffs and crosses her arms. "Well great now he might as well go tattling to Love on me."

Meanwhile,
Love makes Glazed Croissants at Anarvin, making sure that they are all glazed properly and the same amount.

She takes the oranges out of the fridge and sets them on the cutting board, grabbing a knife to cut them with.

Forty walks past her, going to his office and he writes down that Lydia got fired today. "Hmph."

Love enters his office, closing the door behind her. "What the hell are you 'Hmphing' about? And why did Lydia get fired today?"

"She didn't actually get fired she just pissed me off." Forty states, erasing it.

Love sits in his chair. "Is this about the alcohol thing?"

"No! It's not about that."

"So you don't think she's trying to put you back in rehab? I tried to see it as you not being the victim of this but it's so hard to because you were once an addict and she had alcohol around you, knowing about the addiction." Love says while she spins around in the chair.

Forty rolls his eyes. "It wasn't on purpose. It's not something Lydia should worry about."

"Sure it isn't. Like it's not something mom and dad need to be concerned about. I have to go do something so I'll be back." She leaves the building.

Lydia arrives at Anarvin, when she gets out of the car Candace approaches her which makes Lydia curious. "Can I help you with something?"

Candace shakes her head. "No. Well yes. But it's just about Love."

"What about her?"

"I'm just trying to warn you that she's insane. And obsessive over you or any person she wants to be romantically involved with. And I'm sure that your thinking she's your girlfriend and you know her better but I'm her ex girlfriend so no you don't. But I do." Candace states.

The blonde doesn't believe a word Candace says. "I'm not her girlfriend. Anymore. You should honestly be talking to Delilah about this but it was nice having this conversation with you." Lydia walks inside of Anarvin, not letting Candace say anything else to her.

However, Love on the other hand goes to Williams new home in Los Angeles, and since he left the door unlocked she walked inside.

William was talking on the phone with his lawyer or a coworker. Love didn't find that part important, the part she found important was knocking him out with the lamp that was near.

And when she did the voice on the other side of the phone call sounded familiar. It was Delilah, so hopefully they were just talking about the divorce and Lydia. Hopefully. But that might not be the case.