Chapter 67

No one's pov
One by one,each member read the speeches they prepared for Kurt,the speeches mainly consisted of bottled up feelings they have about Kurt and his addiction,how it's effecting them and how they want him to stop.but none of them worked,Kurt just sat there silently;occasionally changing his leg position and repositioning his sunglasses.Dave nervously gulped as he finished his,he was worried:was Alex's plan not going to work?he began to tear up as he held Frances,who was now sleeping,in his arms.Alex was next,Krist and the others nervously watched her as she gently took out the folded paper that was in the pocket of the dress she made.she looked around the room,feeling the tension,as she unfolded the paper.

"I..."she hesitated for a moment,her hands shaking.deep down inside,Alex felt like her speech wasn't going to work,despite the guys hoping it would.none of their speeches were getting to Kurt,so why would Alex's?she began to tear up and shake,making Kurt change his seating position.she exhaled,trying to keep her composure."Kurt when I first came to America in the 80's I...I..."at this point tears were forming in her eyes."god damn it why can't I speak?!"she exclaimed,"what did she say?"Pat asked."she said god damn it why can't I speak."Krist translated,getting up."Alex honey,"he walked towards her,"we can stop if you want,or take a break."he suggested.

He tried to grab the paper from her but she pulled back,"no Krist!I don't want to lose him!Doesn't he get it?people want him alive!he needs to live,not just for himself:but for his fans,us,and Frances!"she pointed at Frances(who was still asleep).Krist hesitated for a moment,"she said..."he looked at Kurt."she said she doesn't want to lose you."he began to translate,"she said people want you alive and that you need to live:not just for yourself but for your fans,us,and Franny."Kurt shakily took off his sunglasses."have..."he paused,"have I been making everyone feel like this?"he asked.the room went quiet,Alex finally lost it:she rushed towards Kurt and hugged him,sobbing loudly.

"Please don't die,please don't leave me Kurt..."she cried,he hugged her back tightly."I-I won't...I promise I-I'll go to rehab."he began to cry as well,the guys joined in on the hug as they all began to cry(which woke up Frances).she was confused to see her dad and aunt and uncles crying,but the hugging made her happy.Kurt chuckled as Dave handed him Frances,"I don't wanna leave this one behind with a cheating skank."he said.Krist put his hand on Kurt's shoulder,"let's take this slow,one step at a time."he said.Alex nodded in agreement as she wiped her tears,"let's focus on you first bud."Dave said.