Chapter 2

Alex's pov
"Aunt Marie why is everything grey?"

"Because it's always raining Alex."

"Oh...Greg what's school like?"

"Oh uh,it's not that hard.don't worry Alex,I'll help you."

"Well here we are Alex,your new home."Aunt Marie said,parking in front of a house.I looked out the window,the house was small.are all houses in America small?As Greg and I got out of the car he insisted on carrying my suitcase,so I let him.Aunt Marie unlocked the front door and led me inside,once I got in I was mesmerized:everything in the home was so different compared to back home,"Greg why don't you help Alex get settled in while I make some lunch?"aunt Marie suggested."ok mama."he said,he carried my suitcase up the stairs. A followed him up the stairs and to a room,"this was my sister Juliana's room,but she's in college now."Greg explained as he opened the door.

"Do you think she would mind?I mean this is her room and I don't want to mess anything up."i said,"Alex,relax,it'll be ok."he assured me.he put my suitcase down,"now,after you're done packing I want you to come to my room:I've got some music I want you to listen to."he said.I nodded,he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.I sat down on the bed and looked around the room,"maybe it won't be so bad here,I think I'll learn a lot."I thought.I smiled a bit,feeling confident.