-Chapter 51-

To be honest, Felix hated pacing his room, but most of the times it was for a good cause: wanting to look great for a date with Chan, waiting for an important mail, stuff like that. That day, however, his anxious walking back and forth was worse than usual, making his stomach churn up in the worst way as he gnawed at his bottom lip. Well, it was something that had to be done, after all, but that didn't mean it was any easy. Barking out a strained giggle, Felix reckoned he was telling himself those words many times lately, far too many. And yet it was for a good cause and that was probably the last time he and Chan would have had to undergo such a situation. Still, he didn't remember having been that anxious when he had met Chan's parents, but it was also true that they still weren't together at that time and Chan's family had no reason to suspect Felix was one of his students. Well, it wasn't like Felix's family had a reason to suspect something as well, as long as the two of them would have managed to keep a poker face, but even the idea itself was truly nerve-wracking. Having gotten in front of his desk, Felix turned over and walked back, torturing his phone in his hands until he reached the opposite wall, three seconds later, and repeated the process. Chan had texted him that he was leaving more than half an hour prior and the boy truly hoped, for the sake of the imminent encounter, that he hadn't been caught up in traffic or something like that. However, for how much anxious he was, his mind couldn't help but conjure the worst possible outcomes.

Finally, or perhaps not, came the unmistakable sound of the front door's bell, which rang high in the silent apartment. Felix froze in the middle of his room, feeling for split a second like a deer caught in the headlights before literally sprinting out of the door and down the hallway, still in fuzzy socks, worn-out sweats and one of Chan's hoodies that he had stolen. In a breath he was at the door, sliding on the last tiles and then jumping off the step, reaching for the door handle and yanking it open with trepidation.

He was greeted by a very warm breeze and Chan's fried curls, coupled with a very anxious smile that immediately relaxed upon taking in the boy. Felix as well started feeling a bit better, that close to Chan's comforting presence and breathtaking dimples, the thought of his boyfriend coming to meet his parents sliding in the background.

«Hi love» he murmured, taking half a step forward to get even closer to the boy.

«Hi Channie» Felix whispered back softly, biting his bottom lip to hide a fond smile as he tortured the hoodie strings.

«Ah, here it is one of my many missing hoodies, who would have thought» Chan joked upon closer inspection of the younger's messy outfit, a mocking grin on his lips.

Their bubble of quietness, however, was interrupted before the blond could reply with anything, making the two of them fall back into a pit of anxiety.

«Felix? Why is it taking so long?» came his mother's voice from the living room, making him stiffen up.

«Coming!» he yelled back, a bit strained, eyes going back to his boyfriend.

Indeed, Chan wasn't there just to see Felix and make him smile in a silly way, full of love, but also to meet the boy's parents, at long last. It had been difficult for him to sit at the dinner table and tell his family that he had a boyfriend and that he would have liked them to meet him, not only because of his parents' skepticism towards same-sex relationships, but also for the fact that Chan had been his teacher. His parents didn't know the man who had asked him to basically become his assistant in exchange for extra credits, but one could never be cautious enough. Yet, Felix hadn't talked with them about too many things already, from signing so many NDAs to, well, dating, so it all had to come out, just like it had with his friends. Despite that, Felix couldn't tell for sure who was the most nervous between him and his boyfriend. In fact, Chan, the same Chan who had a monstrous control over his anxiety due to his Idol training, was looking very pale and quite sweaty at that very right moment. On the other hand, the boy wasn't doing much better, thoughts like "what if they find out" weighing on his mind and crushing everything else.