-Chapter 36-

Author's note

⟢➣ here with my usual head-ups!

In this chapter, the characters will experience panic/anxiety attacks. Albeit I don't believe I made them as graphic as I could have done, be mindful of the fact that heavy feelings will be involved and broken apart. I have experienced such attacks myself a few times, but I do believe people react to them in different ways, so if you feel like my description may be off please excuse me <3
Have a safe read!

❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏

The bell finally rang and Felix sighed wearily. At least it was Friday and, once everyone would have left the room, he would have had his daily dose of Chan. It was towards the beginning of November, winter break was approaching, but first the CSATs, which meant that no student that attended last year had a free minute in their schedule, especially people like Felix and Hyunjin. Jisung and Seungmin were busy as well, one producing and getting guitar lessons from Chan and the other studying hard and giving lessons out himself. The infamous saying "If you sleep three hours each night, you may get into a top 'SKY university'. If you sleep four hours each night, you may get into another university. If you sleep five or more hours each night, especially in your last year of high school, forget about getting into any university." weighed on every single student's shoulder, more on some less on others, but nevertheless there. Felix, with his at times still sloppy Korean, was starting to get nervous and skittish as well from the whole deal, albeit having declared for the whole year that he couldn't care less. Well, now that he had just two weeks left, he was of a completely different opinion. CSATs were hard, everyone knew it, and he surely couldn't have just gone back to Australia if he failed them. It wasn't like he sincerely hoped to get into one of Seoul's top universities, but the pressure was still high. On top of that, Seungmin and Hyunjin, after that episode in the canteen back in September, always threw him glances during the English class, which everyone was still attending even though they could have used that time to study, which managed to throw him off more than once. He wasn't scared or anything, there was no way the two of them could find out, they were probably just suspicious, but external curiosity was a bad thing when it came down to secret relationships.

Felix shook his head and sighed again for good measure in order to clear his mind up. It was Friday, yes he was going to have to study for the whole weekend, but for now it was Friday and Chan was right there in front of him, ready to cuddle him and soothe out his stress. As always, he greeted Hyunjin and Seungmin, who were heading to a study room, missing to notice a certain detail that was going to give him a hard time, however the only thing he had in mind at that moment was Chan.

So, after gathering up his things, he got up from his seat, sliding his phone in the back pocket of his uniform's pants. Chan was already waiting for him, hips pressed on his desk and arms crossed. However, he wasn't looking straight at the boy, but more like in the distance, at the back of the room. He let Felix get closer to him, but, when the boy tried to kiss him, he moved away. The blond frowned, puzzled. Had he done something wrong? Flirted without noticing again?

«What's wrong Ch-» he started, but the man cut him off.

«Mr. Hwang, Mr. Kim, explain to me why you feel the need to hide into that closet»

It hit Felix like a train. He felt blood leave his face at those words and his hands started to shake almost immediately. He looked up at Chan, hoping that it was just a prank, but the man was tense, his jaw clenched, his gaze piercing yet with a hint of fear. The blond has his back facing those anonymous and horrendous dark green closets, but he heard very well the disturbing screech that the old doors made when they opened. Two pair of feet stepped on the floor, but didn't move closer.