-Chapter 50-

It was not an exceedingly warm day considering that it was mid-May, so laying on a blanket in the middle of a park was actually pretty nice. Sure, it would be nicer if Felix and Jisung weren't so jittery, the latter more than the former, but they both took what they could get. It's not as if things had already gone south, or if they even were to for sure, but it was one big day in which many things were going to be revealed, so it wasn't all that strange to feel that anxious. Felix let out half of a chuckle, amused. To be honest, so far that year had been full of big days, from the perfect night at the beach to that day at JYP, not to forget his graduation. And now another one was to be added to the list, the day where Felix and Jisung would have come clean with their friends, as much as they could, obviously.

«Hyunjin's gonna yell so much» Jisung predicted, his voice sounding very distant.

He was laying right beside Felix, looking up at the sky through the leaves of the tree above them, just like the blond. They had been quiet for a while, enjoying the silence in that position while waiting for Hyunjin and Seungmin to appear. It was a Saturday, so none of them had classes, but they had decided to meet up for lunch, so it made sense that they still had to show up, especially considering that Felix and Jisung had met up earlier to hype the other up. As a matter of fact, Jisung was the one who had it worse at the one, since he would have been the one to start talking when the other two would have shown up.

«So much» Felix eventually agreed, sighing while sitting up «You're alright there, Ji?»
Jisung gave a strained chuckle back, still staring up at the sky «I'm just about to tell two of my closest friends "hey by the way, I've been keeping something from you for a while, hope you don't mind"»

The blond shrugged, trying to appear confident for their sake «They'll get it, they have to. It's not like you kept it to yourself because of a bad reason, after all»

«Is your acting on point?» his best friend retorted, ignoring his words «They can't know you know»

«I know» Felix rolled his eyes «Trust me damn»

Jisung, however, didn't have time to reply, because at that point someone called out their names, making them turn towards the source of the voice. Hyunjin was hopping towards them, while Seungmin was trailing behind them, carrying bags full of food for their lunch. Even though Felix was the one majoring in culinary art, he had taken care only of the sweets, baking cookies and brownies and even a carrot cake. He raised one of his hands, waving widely at the two as they approached, a big smile on his lips, his best friend trying to mirror him at best. Finally, Hyunjin let himself down at Jisung's side, wrapping his arms around his torso and squeezing once before letting go, all while Seungmin sat beside Felix, who helped him with the bags. They had gotten all kinds of stuff, it seemed, mostly Korean, but also fried chicken, Seungmin's favorite. Jisung didn't lose time, yanking the plastic bag away from the blond's hands to check for himself.

«Well hi to you too, Jisung» Seungmin deadpanned, raising an eyebrow.

The mentioned boy ignored him in favor of going through the food, most likely trying to mask his anxiety at best.

«We've been waiting for a while, Jisung was withering away» Felix joked, earning two unimpressed looks.

«Normally I'd say sorry for keeping you waiting, but such courtesy is not for two gremlins like you» Seungmin stated, already looking worn out by the September Twins.

If Felix didn't know the other loved them, he would have felt wounded, but there was nothing to worry about, Seungmin just liked to appear grumpy most of the time.

«Yeah, especially since Jisung conveniently forgot to tell us that he's in a relationship with the Lee Know» Hyunjin added, suddenly salty.

Jisung rolled his eyes, hiding his shaking fingers «You cannot be still fixed on that, it was ages ago and I said sorry» he pointed out.