-Chapter 27-

When he finally stepped into his house, Felix was convinced of the fact that even his bones were soaking wet, it couldn't really be otherwise. He had walked 'till home, taking the same route as hours before, just backwards. Yes, he had walked into the rain for a solid half an hour, if not even more, not having the energy to stop and take a bus or a taxi or whatever, though he hadn't wanted to get more wet as well. It was now something around eight p.m., dinner was on the table, its warmth and smell really appealing even from the house's hall, but Felix couldn't really bring himself to take off his shoes and step into the house as he tried to dry his hair a little bit with his drenched hood. Hearing some noises, his mother came towards him, already worried about his absence, and she almost screamed when she saw his conditions.

Minutes later, Felix found himself on the couch, wrapped in various blankets like a burrito, without being able to recall how he had got there. That evening, his mother had made some soup, however, although it seemed heavenly, the boy shook his head multiple times when she tried to get him to eat.

«I'm just tired mum, I'm going to have a shower and then I'll head to bed, no need to worry» he announced before standing up, his whole family looking at him with concern printed on their faces.

«I am worrying Felix, you literally showed up wet from head to toes and I don't know where you went or why you seem so down» his mother protested «Felix! Talk to me»

«Mum!» he snapped «Please, I'm good, just leave me alone»

«Lix...» his sister tried as well, but Felix ignored her straight away, heading to the bathroom.

Luckily, the little room was well-heated, so dropping all the blankets and his wet clothes on the floor came easily. Like a blessing, neither his wallet nor his phone had gotten wet, but he didn't particularly care about them at the moment. He glanced at his reflection in the mirror above the sink and immediately hated the sight of his freckles. He lifted a hand to rub his cheeks, though he knew that they wouldn't have gone away, and suddenly Chan's words came to his mind, how much he liked his freckles. He rubbed his cheeks harshly, making them turn red, yet, as expected, those awful spots were still there. He also took a look at his dark roots, picking up a hair strand between his fingers. He had to dye his hair and that seemed the perfect moment, though he didn't want blond anymore. His little sister, Olivia, had tried silver not so long ago, so Felix hoped there was still some dye left. Luckily, the tube was half empty, more than enough for his short hair. He wondered if he had to let them grow out before stepping into the shower, but he shrugged the thought off almost immediately. He wasn't Hyunjin, he couldn't really pull off such a thing.

He took his time to shower and dye his hair as his mind was completely empty, no thoughts, no particular emotions. He felt absolutely nothing when it came down to what had happened an hour before, he had no real thoughts on his ending with Chan. It had to happen anyway, so no big deal, right?

Once he finished showering, drying up and making sure the new hair color was good enough, he stepped out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, still fully naked. Out of reflex, he searched for a message from Chan in all his notifications, but the man hadn't searched him, as expected. Again, he didn't mind it, he didn't feel anything about it. He just threw on some clothes and seated down on his gaming chair, turning on the computer. His rank had gotten low, it was time to get back on track and show those annoying Chinese gamers who was the boss.

❏❏❏❏

The following morning, Olivia scolded him for using her hair dye, or, to say better, she literally threw an argument over it, but Felix had no strength to fight back, so he just handled her some won. As a matter of fact, he was tired as Hell, he had been up all night trying to beat his own records, eventually making it. He had gone through more than ten rounds in order to finally start to beat those annoying Chinese gamers' asses, more than it took him usually. Seriously, kids shouldn't have been asleep at three a.m.? Of course, he should have been asleep at three a.m. as well, but he was an adult so he was perfectly able to manage his time by himself.