Chapter 44

"Where is she?" Marc asked as the group walked into Axel's office.

"Same place she always is when she comes to work with me," Axel chuckled as he flipping through some papers looking for something. "The underwater tunnel. She said it's the closest she can be to being underwater with the cast on."

"How does she seem to you?" Victor asked as they watched the security screen where she was laying on a bench watching the fish and sharks swim above her. Occasionally she would move her head as if she was trying to watch them better.

"She hasn't complained about the cast in a while," Axel shrugged. "She doesn't seem to have a problem with me carrying her when I give her the option to either use the crutches or me carry her. As long as I give her options she doesn't really seem to mind."

"She feels like she still has control," Owen said as he adjusted his cuff links. "And has she said anything about her video?"

"Not to me," Axel shook his head.

"Me either," the group said one after another.

"She didn't protest when I told her Corey was taking over producing the music video," Kota shrugged.

"She didn't seem to have any issues when I showed her all the footage Owen collected from the producer and how I put it together, even including her accident," Corey shrugged. "I guess she is okay with everything."

"Good," Owen nodded. "Are you finished here?"

"Yeah," Axel nodded as he sat the papers down, "I can do this tomorrow. Who is she staying with tomorrow?"

"Me," Luke nodded, "She is going to help me decorate cakes and cookies."

"She seems to like going to work with us," Kota whispered as they walked through the empty halls.

"I think she likes how each time it's something different," Victor nodded, "keeps her little hyper mind fascinated, plus she isn't cooped up all day long."

"Hey Baby," North whispered as he knelt down beside her. "Are you getting hungry?"

"Yeah," She whispered not breaking from where she was watching. "Axel."

"Yeah Doll?" he asked curiously.

"Did you know that huge turtle right there has an open cut on his left flipper?" She asked and Axel frowned then looked up.

"What are you talking about Doll?" He asked as he tried to spot it. "Where?"

"Watch," She whispered as she remained still. "That one," she pointed after a few moments of silence. "Look, right...there."

"Oh wow," He gasped as he spotted where she was pointing, "No, I didn't know. Thanks Doll, I need to go repair that right now."

"Will it be okay?" She asked as she sat up.

"He will be now, thanks to you," Axel smiled as he kissed her forehead then headed back to his office while dialing a number on his cell.

"Come on Superhero," Sean smirked, "Axel will make sure the turtle will be okay. Let's go get you something to eat."

"Okay," She said wrapping her arms around Nathan's neck.

"Proud of you Peanut," Nathan smiled as he carried her through the halls.

"For what?" She asked confused.

"Letting Axel know instead of just assuming he knew and for not protesting all the changes you've gone through lately," He explained.

She shrugged, "I don't really have a choice right now. Trust me, once my foot heals, I'm going back to my bratty ways."

"I wouldn't expect anything less of you Peanut," Nathan chuckled. "I can't wait."

"Who's to say I'll still be around when it happens?" She smirked. "I may hit the road the moment the doc clears me."

Nathan burst out chuckling as he put her in the car. "Oh Peanut, you can't get rid of us that easily. You should know that by now."

"I can try," She shrugged as she buckled up.

"And what fun it will be hunting you down," Corey chuckled. "Raven and Axel will love testing their tracking abilities."

"We'll see about that," She shrugged.

When they got back to the house, she sat at the desk in the living room and worked on some of her photography pictures that she took at the aquarium. She became so engrossed in her work that she lost track of what was happening around her, making her jump in surprise when Marc tapped her on the shoulder. "Shit Marc!" She gasped as she clutched her chest.

"Sorry Beautiful," He smirked. "Dinner is ready."

"Okay," She nodded as she saved her work. She learned it was better to save her work and go eat with them after they threatened to hide her laptop during meal times and pointed out that the work would still be there after she ate that it didn't have to be finished at that moment. She hated to admit that they had a point but she just reminded herself that she could always go back to her ways once she was healed and no longer had to stay with them. She was counting down the days.