Chapter 19

Sean dropped to Ember's side and pressed his fingertips into her neck. "Okay Pookie, let's see where you are bleeding," he murmured to himself as he felt her pulse and sighed in relief. He cleared his throat, "She's got a weak pulse, I need to find where she's bleeding to try and stabilize her."

"Guys," Nathan said as he looked down at something on the ground.

"What?" North asked as he walked over then cursed. "He used a steel cable paddle whip on her, that's what we heard on the phone."

"Fuck," Gabe growled.

"So do we think this prick is the guy she was calling Master?" Axel asked as he looked down at the dead body of a guy that was riddled with gun shot wounds. "You taught her well Raven," he chuckled. "Chest wounds, stomach wounds, throat wound, and damn she even got him in the penis."

"Good Kitten," Raven beamed as he looked down into the empty green eyes of the guy on the floor. "Knife wounds too. Good Kitten."

"Pookie's stable, let's move carefully move her," Sean said as he finished bandaging up her back as best as he could at the moment. "She's going to need blood transfusions so need to be ready to supply once we know what type she is. Luke, North with both of you being O+ you will supply first while we wait to find what type she is."

"That's fine," They said in unison as they watched Kota help Sean carefully pick up their unconscious love. Their stomached were in their throats as they watched her limp arms swing from the movements of her being moved.

"Raven," Owen said once he caught the Russian's eyes, "Drive the Russian way but the careful way."

"Da," Raven said as he took off after the doctor and Kota.

"Gather as much evidence as we can just in case we need it," Axel mumbled as he looked around the room. He wanted to throw up but at the same time he had to admit he was proud of her for killing the fucker. He grabbed a rag and then carefully picked up the gun that was laying next to Ember's hand after Brandon took pictures and placed it in a box that Corey found. He also picked up the pocket knife that he recognized as the one she use to carry and placed it in the box as well.

"We will take over from here," a deep voice said from behind them. They turned to see Harry, Henry, Liam, and Jack Anderson standing in the hallway. "Go be with your bird," Henry said as he walked over and took the box from Axel as Liam picked up the steel cable paddle switch and growled then placed it in a box that Harry grabbed. "Go now."

"Yes Sir," the mumbled then muttered thanks as they rushed out the door and into their cars. The whole way to the hospital was in silence even though they were on a group call. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts and none of them wanted to say them out loud.

Just as they pulled up to the hospital Erica met them outside.

"Let's go everyone and get everyone to donate blood, that way no matter what she is we have some on hand," She said as Dr. Roberts helped Sean and Raven lay the girl on the bed. Erica's mind was racing seeing the fragile state the girl was in and based on all of her sons' look the condition they found her in was worse than what she was currently in. She had a quick idea based on what Jess told her and she knew a little of Ember from meeting her a couple of times with Jess when they would meet up for lunch dates. The girl was important to Jess and now all of her sons, so she was important to her and Dr. Roberts as well.

"The Andersons will be here eventually," Kota said trying to remain calm. "They showed up."

"Okay," Erica said as she led her children into the room she had set up for them with Jess' help. "I'll have Jess keep an eye out for them, she's already donated blood."

"Momma?" Luke and Gabe asked nervously.

"As soon as I'm done with all of you, I will go assist," She smiled softly as she kissed their foreheads, "I won't leave her side, I promise. But right now I need you to donate some blood and be strong just a little bit longer, okay?"

"Okay Momma," They all said in unison.

"Doc?" Brandon asked and Erica smiled softly.

"I'll get his once he's done helping Dr. Roberts get her better stabilized," She said as she bandaged his arm. "Everyone will help, even me. Dr. Roberts got some from me and I got some from him." She patted his knee, "we will do everything possible for her, I promise."