Chapter 35

Halfway through dinner Jessica's phone goes off. She wiped her mouth and got up to pick it up. She leaned against the counter with her back to the guys. She walked over to her mom and hugged her from behind, "Something came up Momma, I have to go, I'll be back later."

"Where are you off to?" Kota asked and Jess glared at him.

"None of your business. Last I checked I'm over 21 so I can make decisions for myself."

"Just text me every so often okay?" Erica chuckled and Jessica kissed her cheek then rushed out the door. "Don't Corey."

"You know where she's going don't you?" Kota asked and Erica shook her head.

"Not exactly but it probably has something to do with her girlfriend," Erica shrugged. "That or she's meeting up with some friends. She's right, she's an adult so she doesn't have to inform me of her constant whereabouts."

"Since when has she had a fucking girlfriend?" Gabe asked shocked.

"Couple of months now," Erica shrugged, "She's a sweet girl. Name's Courtney. Psychology student. They met at the library. They are very cute together. Nothing serious right now but could be."

"Holy shit!" Gabe gasped in excitement as his phone went off. "Amy Rose is releasing a new movie!"

"I thought she retired," Corey frowned in confusion.

"She took a fucking break," Gabe shook his head, "it's completely different. Anyway the new movie comes out next fucking month! There's even talk of her making fucking music now but it's not fucking confirmed. This is fucking awesome."

"We will go see it when it comes out," Luke smiled at his excitement. He had a really hard time ever since Ember left so it made him happy to see Gabe excited again.

"Awe how sweet," Erica whispered as she looked at her phone after it buzzed.

"What is Momma?" Kota asked and Erica froze for a split second then smiled.

"Courtney just sent me a picture of Jess, that's all." She got up, put her phone in her back pocket and started taking plates into the kitchen. After a few seconds everyone heard, "LUCIAN TAYLOR YOU GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!"

"JESS IS WITH EMBER MOMMA WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US!"

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Gabe shouted as they all raced into the kitchen where Luke was holding Erica's phone up where she couldn't reach.

"Lucian Taylor I will only say it one more time," Erica pointed her finger at him. "You have to the count of three or I will release Jessica on you." Luke immediately handed her phone back to her.

"I sent the pic to everyone," Luke admitted.

All of their phones dinged and they saw a picture of Jessica and Ember on stage singing. Jess had her hair down and she was wearing a school girl skirt and tee shirt with fish nets and almost knee high boots, pulling off a sweet emo outfit but girl next door makeup persona. Ember now had blonde hair with red tips and her punk make up was perfect. She was wearing military boots, red plaid skirt, black corset shirt and biker jacket. They were complete opposites but seeing them together anyone could tell they were best friends.

(Picture of Avril Lavigne and Olivia Rodrigo off Google-similar to how i somewhat imagine them)

"How long has she been back?" Owen asked and Erica shrugged.

"I don't know," She answered honestly. "I think she just came back and looks like that is why Jess left." She pointed her finger at them. "You will NOT track the girls down, do you understand me? You won't upset Jessica tonight, she needs this."

"Did you know Ember sings?" Victor asked and Erica shook her head.

"No but they could just be doing a karaoke thing or stand up, it doesn't matter. They are girls out having fun together. You won't ruin this for them. They need this time together. Leave them alone. I mean it. Do not go bothering them."

"We won't," Kota agreed while the rest of the men nodded.

"We are willing and will obey," They said in unison.

"Good, now," Erica smiled and sighed, "Finish the dishes, I'm going home. Thank you for dinner. Jessica will tell you when she is ready."

"Yes Momma," They said in unison. Erica kissed each on the cheek, hugged them then left.

"Hey you guys," Kota said after they cleaned the kitchen and hung out in the living room. "Something has been bothering me."

"What?" Axel asked.

"Ember shows up after a year and now Amy Rose is coming back after a break and releasing a movie," Kota said thoughtfully. "Seems a little too coincidence if you ask me."

"Are you seriously saying what the fuck you are saying?" Gabe asked shocked.

"It's not possible," North shook his head. "She said she quit acting because of how they were affecting her health. Baby wouldn't go back to that kind of lifestyle."

"Wouldn't she?" Axel asked after a few moments. "If she went back to that identity it would explain why we haven't been able to find her. Plus being an actress gives her the ability to change her looks whenever she needed or wanted."

"Guess we just need to wait for Jess to tell us," Nathan shrugged, "that or we run into Ember and just straight up ask her point blank."

"You think Jess knows?" Brandon asked. "She respected her privacy when we first met her, she may not know if it is even true."

"They are best friends," Kota shrugged. "There's a very good possibility that she knows or recently found out and just kept her secret."