19; Moment of Bliss.

Friday update came in early❤️

"HUMAIRA'S WEDDING date will be set soon in shaa Allah" Abba announced, flipping the Newspaper he's reading to the next page. Most times, Aisha wonders why he bothers to read them when he can either watch the News or read it online.

Mommy whom had walked into the living room just in time he said that, found a spot beside him on the couch. "That soon?" She asked, a crease forming on her forehead slightly. "I thought you said General Abd Al-Rasheed just had surgery. Shouldn't we wait until he has fully recovered?"

"Oh toh ai antabo inda bakya so!" Hajiya exclaimed from where she was sitting, opposite the couple. She had her legs spread slightly, her arms resting on it as she fixated her gaze on her daughter-in-law. "Wai dan Allah Hasiya won't you allow this wedding to proceed in peace? Haba! You and this..." She pointed a finger at Aisha who sat quietly on the carpet, head hung low. "...girl have been blabbering rubbish since this wedding talk started. Shikenan baza ayi abun farin ciki ba a gidannan?"

Mommy blew out a low breath, before shaking her head. She parted her lips to say something, but someone beat her to it.

"Hajiya kiyi haquri, that's not what she meant" Abba spoke up, keeping the Newspaper aside. He loves and appreciates his aunt for everything she had done to him. That to say doesn't mean it blinded him from seeing the way she treats his family. He tries to talk her out of it as much as he can, but it's not like he can make her change. She had always been like that, and the old age only added to it. "She's just trying to be rational"

"Oh ai ni kuma I'm not being rational, ko?"

"Hajiya..."

She cut him off, intertwining her fingers in front of her as a scowl took over her features. "Aa Nasiru! Ka fito ka gaya min mana. Your wife is the rational one while me, your mother, is irrational"

Abba looked down for a brief moment, shaking his head as a small smile graced his features. Hajiya could be upset and he still find her amusing in a way. Reason is, he and her had always have this relationship where sometimes he treats her more like a grandmother than a mother. She can't really stay mad at him for long. "Haba Hajiya ta" He started once he met her gaze again, the small endearment having her features softening only slightly. "You know it's not like that. You have nothing to worry about, the wedding will take place in shaa Allah. And just like she said..." He gestured to his wife that was quietly watching the exchange, just like her daughter. "...we will wait till he gets better, although he was the one that brought it up yanxun ma"

"He did?" Hajiya asked, eyes narrowed slightly. Humaira had told her that when she went to visit him a couple of days ago—the very day he had his surgery she wasn't able to see him since he was in the ICU—so only his family could see him.

Abba nodded, "Yes" His gaze moved to Aisha, his smile widening. "Actually, he wanted to thank me because Aisha assisted his surgery"

Aisha looked up, she had chosen to stay out whatever was being said and has been waiting for the perfect opportunity to slip away from them. At that point, she Hajiya practically lives in their house since the woman is always there. She should just get a room and move her belongings there, it would be better.

About the surgery, she didn't think her parents would know about it since it was supposed to be a secret. Thinking about it at the moment though, she realized how stupid it sounds. Of course they would know—considering what's going on between the two family.