48; Mea Culpa.

Chapter Playlist:

-Don't give up on me by Andy Grammer.

-Turning Page by Sleeping at last.

"THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF the number one hospital in the North, Horizon General Hospital, Mr. Hisham Adam has just been arrested for trafficking of drugs alongside wanted Drug lord, Salim Badaru, alias, Alex. The drug lord has confessed to all his crimes alongside all the help he had gotten from now former deputy director. Police said this achievement wouldn't have been possible without the help of certain administrators in the hospital..."

Tapping the off button on the remote, the news was turned off and the remote was thrown away somewhere on the bed. Flickering her eyes shut, Aisha settled down on the bed and buried her face in between her hands. She then took in a deep breath, one that she very much needed. Once she had gathered her thoughts, she pushed herself off the bed and picked up her phone before heading to the vanity table. She fixed her veil, making sure it covered her properly before she stepped out of the room she had been staying in for the past couple of days.

She had already texted Aslam, asking for his permission to step out and he granted it. She couldn't ask him face-to-face. Heck, she hasn't seen him since the day he told her the truth—everything he had found out. She doesn't mean to push him away, but she needed time to accept everything because it was too much to accept.

Now though, days later, she was ready to face everything once and for all—and to do so, she needed to face the people from her past to fully move on from it because she wouldn't let it hold her back anymore. For ten years, she couldn't move on no matter how much she tries. She doesn't want that anymore.

So, she got into her car and drove to her destination. It was a long ride, one that she wished was longer—anything to delay the inevitable. Much to her dismay, she arrived much sooner than she wanted to and in a couple of minutes, she found herself following a man that would take her to the waiting room.

Once in the confines of the place, she took a seat on one of the metal chairs and tapped her foot repeatedly as she waited for the other person to come. It only took about two minutes, and then the door on the other side was opened. She still had her gaze pinned on the table, refusing to look up even as she heard him pull the chair opposite her and settle on it.

For a minute, no words or looks were exchanged between them—Aisha had planned what to say but now that she's there, it's like the words have chosen to disappear, and she couldn't find anything to say.

"Mea Culpa" He uttered the same words he said to her the first time they met, but unlike before, his voice was manlier, gruff...but not the bad type.

Aisha took in a sharp breath, as she turned her head around to look at him for their gaze to meet. He only stared at her for a second, before he looked down—knowing she's someone's wife now; his younger brother's wife. Her heart clenched when he said those words. Unlike before, she now knows what they meant and as such, didn't feel as dumb as she felt back then. Because of that, she doesn't know if she should feel a bit relieved remembering how care-free she was back then, or to hate how her life turned out because he came in.

She looked away too, her gaze fixated on the wall she's facing. She then swallowed thickly, fiddling with her fingers. "I'm not going to ask why you did it" She spoke up, her voice oddly enough coming out strong despite how she was truly feeling. Nonetheless, she sucked it in because she knew she needed to do this. "I guess we're all victims here" She couldn't be selfish, even though she does want to be. However, she's old enough to look at things from all angles.