16; Scrubs and Hermes On.

Yall should thank 1mss_black for this because her comments on the last chapter brought back my motivation😭❤️

Oh and this is unedited so..

THE ELEVATOR doors slid open, allowing Aisha to step out. She has both hands tucked in the pocket of her white coat, which she reached one out to fix a side of her veil that nearly fell of her shoulder as she exchanged pleasantries with some interns that got in the elevator.

It was about eight in the morning on Tuesday, the same day she and Aslam would perform surgery on his father—whom she is still unaware of their relation. The surgery is set to take place by nine considering the expected time the surgery is supposed to take is between three to six hours. They wanted to start early, so they would not miss any prayer.

Aisha came to the hospital around seven looking more determined than the day before. The surgeon in charge did help her as he said he would the day before. So, after going through everything with him, she was more confident in herself. If she was being honest, then it has something to do with the fact that he seems to have this unwavering confidence in her that made her determined to give it her best.

She wouldn't let her doubts ruin it for her. No way.

So, she came to the hospital early to check on her patients and have enough time to prepare for the upcoming. Considering the time, it is, she still has about thirty minutes to finish up everything, and scrub in.

She was already done with her patients though-so she wasn't worried about that anymore which is why she decided to drop by her office for the meantime.

"Aisha"

She stopped in her tracks, hearing a familiar voice. She turned around, coming face-to-face with the woman she hasn't seen since the week before. Her lips instantly curled upwards into a small smile, "Nabila" She called out as the woman approached her. "Ina kika shiga? I haven't seen you since last week"

Nabila blinked, taken aback for a brief moment with the way Aisha is acting towards her.

Aisha noticed the slightly taken aback expression, making her lips slant down slightly. "Lafiya?" She inquired, her brows drawn in slightly. "Why do you look that way? Is something wrong?"

Nabila stared at her for a moment, before she scoffed slightly—it was barely audible though Aisha caught it. The woman then folded her lips in for a brief moment, before releasing it with a small smack sound that only made her oxblood lipstick coated lips pop out. "Judging from the way you're treating me..." She released a small sigh, her eyes sizing Aisha up. "...I guess that friend of yours hasn't told you yet"

If possible, Aisha's frown deepened; head tilted to the side slightly. "Which friend?" She tried to rack her brain to figure out who Nabila could address like that, but no one came to mind. As far as she knows, she doesn't have a friend they both know and do not like.

Nabila resisted the urge to hiss. Aisha sure is smart but at the same time she can be dumb when it comes to stuff like this. She didn't say a word though, and simply waited for it to sink in.

"Wait...are you talking about Jannah?" Aisha asked, for that was one person that came to her mind. "What hasn't she told me?"

"She tells you everything, doesn't she?" Nabila asked, ignoring the question. She then rolled her eyes, as if having to explain is getting on nerves. "Well, she told you about Sadiq, didn't she?"