12; Hajiya Babba.

A KNOCK ON the door had Aisha snapping out of her trance. Her head shot up in the direction, hands moving to tightly grip the edge of her table. "Come in" She called out, only to realize her voice came barely above a whisper. So, she cleared her throat, and then spoke again. "Come in!"

That was all it took for the doorknob to twist, and then Chris poked his head, offering her a smile. "Aisha"

Her lips curled upwards into a small smile, although it was forced. She honestly wasn't in the mood for anything, and for a moment, she thought of going back home because it's obvious her mind isn't on work-she doubts it will be for the entire day. "Yeah?" Faking her emotions all feels like déjà vu to her. Everything that has happened so far, from the message that came with the white roses, to the change in her mood all reminded her of her past, and she surely hated every minute of it.

Chris didn't seem to notice the change in her too, just like Abdallah didn't. Besides, even if he did, she doubts he would say a thing about it. They get along, but they aren't close so he wouldn't bother. "Dr. Aslam wants to see you"

Aisha would be totally honest, in between taking Jannah's work along with hers, and everything that has happened so far, she has forgotten about him, and their patient. It wasn't her intention to do so, but its apparent, things aren't going in her favor at all. She parted her lips to ask why he didn't ask her himself, but she then realized how stupid it'll sound. First of all, it's not like they are that close and secondly, they don't have each other's contact so technically, he could only send someone. "Okay" She replied instead. "Where is he?"

"Well, he's currently in his office" Chris replied, "But, he said to meet him in the VIP ward, room A01"

She nodded, already knowing what room it is without him saying it. There's only one VIP room Aslam could ask her to meet him at-the one he's in charge of. "Alright, thank you"

With a curt nod, he turned around and left, making sure to close the door behind him. In all honestly, he's glad he wasn't picked as Aslam's assistant-not because he didn't want the position, or didn't like the man. Frankly speaking, he would rather choose to work with Aslam than any other Professor he has. However, he already has enough on his place as a fourth year resident, he didn't want any more.

Besides, he thinks Aisha could do the job just well.

Aisha took a couple of minutes to get herself in check, before she finally got out of the confines of her bedroom and made her way towards the elevator. A part of her worried about going there alone, but it's not like she can avoid it in any way. Truth be told, she wished she could just ditch it though. After everything, she didn't want any reminder of her past.

Luck seemed to be on her side, because as she left the elevator and took cautious steps towards the suite, she found herself halting in her steps with her head tilted to the side slightly.

It was empty.

She blinked once, then twice, wanting to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her and there were really no guards there. After a couple of seconds, with her simply standing there, she was convinced she wasn't imagining stuff.

A sigh of relief escaped her slightly parted lips, as she took that as her sign to continue her little venture over to the room at the end of the corridor. Reaching the door, she rose her hand up and knocked on it, knowing that it would seem rude for her to just head in like that. She then waited, which wasn't for long because almost instantly, a voice came asking her to come in.

Blowing another low breath, she reached her hand out and held the handle, then twisted it to the side. Pushing the door open slowly, she then stepped in with a salaam which was answered instantly.