23; Underlying Condition.

ANOTHER UPDATE?!

WHO MENTIONED ME IN HER PRAYERS ABEG?

STEPPING OUT of the en-suite, Aisha tilted her head to the side as she used her right hand to massage the back of her neck. Her whole body felt weak, but she knew it's because she had just woken up from sleep or more like her three hours' nap. Her eye lids felt heavy, for even after washing it with water, it didn't get rid of the sleep. But it didn't matter she was still sleepy, she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep-she didn't even want to.

Not after her dream that day was so vivid. No, the words dream wouldn't fit in the context. Nightmare would be more appropriate. A vivid memory from her past that out to hunt her probably for the rest of her life.

Letting out a small sigh, she dragged herself over to the bed and settled on it. The light was dimmed, and when she flickered her eyes to her phone to check the time, she wasn't surprised to see reading 4:07am. She hadn't slept early; she could clearly remember sleeping around one so she didn't get much sleep. But it was pretty much normal for her so she was good with it.

She thought she was finally getting used to the nightmares, but not when it's so vivid like that. She could never get used to that. Sure, she chose to keep her past behind but it was always on her shoulders, weighing her down and rightfully so as she thinks.

Dragging herself back on the bed, she pulled her legs to her chest and buried her face in between it; her arms going around her legs to keep them close. She slightly cradled herself back and forth, hoping the time will just go back quick.

She didn't know long she sat there, but she suddenly heard her phone ring from her side. At first she ignored it, but when it kept on ringing, she lifted her head up and extended her hand to pick it up. The corner of her lips tilted up slightly, seeing who the caller is. Without thinking twice, she tapped on the answer button and waited for the voice that came only a second later.

"Why are you awake at this time, Spongebob?"

"Well, I'm waiting for Squidward to come so I'll annoy him"

"Oh really now?"

"Yup" She found herself nodding, though she knew he couldn't see her. "Now that you're here though, I can finally do what I have in mind"

"And what is that exactly?"

She shrugged, placing the phone beside her as she stretched her legs out. Talking to him always helps her clear her mind for all it took was a couple of words from him and that's it. As always. "Oho, you called so you tell me" She heard his chuckle from the other side, making a smile take over her features. Leaning back on the bed, she waited for him to speak but he said nothing at all. Even with no words coming from him, she knew he's still on the call, "Why did you call, Abdallah? I know you didn't call just to keep me company"

Sure, he calls most of the time to do just that. But because he wasn't saying anything, she knew there must be something else. Normally, he would speak about anything and everything, till it's time for Subh prayers and then they will part ways. She hadn't said this to him before, but she truly appreciates him being there for her like the brother she never had.

It doesn't matter that they aren't related by blood, and that his mother hates her very existence, Abdallah will always be a brother to her. That, she's sure of.

And because of that, she knows him well to tell when there's something wrong.

"Why would you think that?" He asked, feigning being offended. "I always call to keep you company"