31; Chairlady Taslim.

"THE CASE HAS been dismissed"

Aslam's brows drew in, eyes squinting at nothing in particular while his lips slanted into a frown. Beads of sweat coated his forehead, his shoulders raising, then falling. "What do you mean it has been dismissed?"

The man on the other end sighed, "It's just as I said. It has been swept under the rug" He paused, letting out a small, harsh, breath yet again. Though Aslam couldn't see him, he could imagine the man massaging his temple or flickering his eyes close. "But from the bits I could get, the deceased didn't have any family members that were with him, kagane? And let's face it, kasan kasar tamu"

"Because there's no one to stand for the case..." Aslam tried to put the pieces together. "...someone high up had it covered" It would be easy since that's the case. Had it been the deceased has someone who could stand for him and demand justice, maybe, just maybe in this country, it wouldn't have been dismissed that easily.

"Exactly. Once the superiors chose to bury it, kai ma kasan it has to be someone powerful up above and there's nothing we can do about it"

"And doesn't that ring any bells to you?"

"What do you mean? I mean, I get that if it's involving someone powerful then there has to be more than what meets the eye"

Aslam nodded, despite knowing the man can't see him. "That's precisely my point" He blew out a ragged breath. "The whole thing is suspicious, Haroon. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that a man involved in a hit and run accident died at HGH, and a doctor is being framed for it. Not to mention what you just said now, the case has been buried by someone high" He refuse to believe it's a coincidence-it's too good to be that.

Anyone can see through it.

Haroon, Aslam's best friend and a police officer, believed the same. "It surely doesn't sound like one" He had been working under the police force for years, and never had he seen something like this labeled as a coincidence. It can't be. Especially not in Nigeria.

"My point exactly"

"Well, that aside, have you figured out the man you grandfather spoke to?" Perhaps, if they know who it is, it might help them with their current situation.

"No..." Aslam reached his hand out to turn off the treadmill, as he heaved slightly before stepping down. "...Irfan hasn't found a thing yet. It's taking longer than expected" He picked up a grey towel placed on the hand bar to wipe his face. Once he was done, he placed it back.

"It's actually understandable, considering it's been too long" Haroon paused, "But I'm sure something will come up soon"

"In shaa Allah" Aslam then picked up his phone from where he had placed it, along with the water bottle beside it as he walked out of the workout room in the Abd Al-Rasheed residence. Perhaps it has something to do with his old man being a soldier, but the man surely loved working out so he had a room with the necessities at home. Aslam and Yazid-before he moved out, took advantage of the place instead of going elsewhere.

"Are you coming over today? Yasmine won't stop blaming me. Wai ni na hanaka zuwa"

Aslam's lips stretched into a grin as he chuckled lightly, heading in the direction of his room. "It's nice she finally learnt to stay home. I swear that girl is always here, and later she'll claim she's married"

"You know how your sister is"

"Laifin ka ne ai. You're her husband, and yet you allow her to come here all the time"

"Ah ah!" Haroon exclaimed, "She's blaming me because you refuse to visit and you're blaming me because she's visiting. You two need to stop ganging up on me ko dake this is what I get for marrying my best friend's sister" He believes Aslam is exaggerating it by saying she's always home. How would he know when he has been residing in Egypt? It just so happens the girl likes to come home whenever he is around to catch up and all, and then Aslam being Aslam, is claiming she's home all the time.