38; Meant To Be.

JANNAH TAPPED her foot on the floor repeatedly, her hand clenching as she brought it to her lips and blew out a hot breath, hoping to warm them. She didn't even realize it will be chilly at night, and she's now regretting her choice of clothing. She should've at least wore something on top that will keep her warm before she decided to camp out waiting for him to get off work.

But the truth is, she was barely thinking about herself when she made the decision. And even now, despite being a bit regretful, it wasn't what had control over her mind entirely though. Instead, her mind was plagued with thoughts of what she's about to do, and for a brief moment, she thought of running away.

However, even she knew that will be selfish, and she can't be selfish-no matter how much she wanted to. This is the right thing to do, and that's the best thing for her to do.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw the front door open, making her turn in the direction just in time to see him step out. At first, he didn't see her but when he turned around, his eyes fell on her making his expression soften. His lips were still slanted into a frown though, his brows furrowed and his head tilted to the side slightly.

Jannah's lips stretched into tight lipped smile, as she rose a hand and waved at him. That seem to snap him out of whatever trance he was in, and almost immediately, his feet were taking him in her direction.

He covered the distance between them in no time, his eyes briefly taking over her appearance. "Why are standing here? How long have you been here?" Abdallah asked, his tone filled with worry. "It's cold, and you aren't exactly dressed to block out the cold. Seriously, you could've just stayed in your car if you wanted to stay out. Wait, you did come with your car, right?"

Jannah's lips slowly stretched into a wide smile as she quietly watched him let out strings of sentences-one after the other. It was impossible to miss the fact that he cares about her, anyone could see it at the moment and that included her. However, despite her wide smile, there was still something about her that didn't make her look like her usual self.

"Jannah" He called out again, seeing how she simply stood there watching him adoringly. For some reason though, it bothered him. He couldn't help but feel like there's something wrong. "Why are standing out here?" He asked again, hoping she would at least answer that.

She shrugged, "I was waiting for you"

He quirked a brow slightly, "Waiting for me?"

She nodded, "Yup"

He looked around, taking note of the surrounding area before he looked at her again. "It's late" He stated, because it really is. If anything, she's supposed to be at home. "How long have you been here?"

Jannah thought about it, "A while, I guess" She had truly lost track of time. But she knew it has definitely been a while.

"You know you could've just come in, right?" That's what she normally does. That what's everyone does so why would she wait outside, for God knows how long waiting for him? She knew if she goes in, he will make time for her unless he is doing something urgent at the moment. So, why?

"I know..." She slowly nodded, because she truly does. "...but I'm not here as a customer today. I figured, we have something we need to talk about. Right?" She has been avoiding him since the day he confessed. She had been avoiding his calls and messages too. Luckily, he hasn't showed up at the hospital but even on days he visits the Al-Sayed residence, and she's there, she makes sure to avoid him at all cost.

He knew she's avoiding him, and he understood why so he gave her space after a while. Which is why, he was taken aback to hear her say she's been waiting, for him. "I see you've gathered your thoughts" He stated lowly, and for some reason, he is dreading whatever it is she will say. He released a deep breath, choosing to put aside his worries. "You can come in. Let's talk inside. It's too cold out here"