44; Getaway To Alexandria.

Had a bit of writer's block, so you have 4k words today.

WHEN JANNAH calmed down, there were no words exchanged between her and Abdallah anymore. She wanted to ask whether he had chosen to not go back home that day, considering she knew the men should've left by then. However, she realizes how stupid it would've sounded and as such, chose to hold her silence.

At the same time, she couldn't help but think about it. It was obvious he either missed it, or chose to not leave because she called him and as such, felt bad that yet again she had to drag him in her problems. She honestly didn't even intend on calling him. However, she desperately wanted to call someone and she couldn't exactly call Aisha. The girl just got married and even in her messed up state, she knew she couldn't drag her in this. Given, Aisha would've shown up despite her current situation but still.

And somehow, she ended up calling Abdallah because deep down she knew he'd be there for her. He had always been.

Jannah stopped in her tracks, as if realizing something. He and her decided to talk a stroll back to his car quietly.

Realizing she was no longer walking beside him, he too stopped and turned around to look at her. His lips were curled downwards into a slight frown, "Is there something wrong?" He questioned lightly. "Do you need help with anything?"

Jannah swallowed thickly as she blew out a small breath. There he goes again, still caring for her despite seeing her at her worst. Blinking, she released yet another shaky breath. "This is wrong..." She whispered.

He blinked, his frown deepening since he didn't get what she just said. "Pardon?"

She nearly looked away, not wanting to say this whilst looking into his eyes but it would've made her look more pathetic, and she didn't want that. So, she forced herself to keep up eye contact with him, and then answered. "This is wrong" Her voice came out surprisingly strong.

His head tilted to the side slightly. "What is wrong?" He has an inkling what she meant. But he was hoping they wouldn't go through this again. Truth be told, he doesn't have the strength to face it again.

"This" She pointed a finger at him, then her. "We shouldn't be together like this"

Abdallah stared at her for a few seconds, before folding his lips in to not say anything instantly. Once he was certain he wouldn't say anything wrong, he asked calmly. "Why shouldn't we be?"

She stared at him as if he had grown two heads. "Come on Abdallah stop feigning ignorance" She didn't raise her voice, but she has a feeling she would do that soon. Sighing exasperatedly, she ran a hand down her face before she looked at him with a worn out expression. "Abdallah, we both know I'm getting married in like, thirteen days. You are not my mahram"

He gave her the are for real look.

And she surely understood it well, making her take in a deep breath. Raising her hands, she tried to make gestures to explain herself. "Yes, I know I'm at fault. I shouldn't have called you. Yes, it really is my fault. I don't know. It's wrong of me to have called you after I ended things with you and be here saying this to you but please, Abdallah. Try to understand me" She found herself ranting.

"Jannah, relax" Somehow, despite being irritated in a way by her mood swings, he was keeping his calm while she clearly isn't. Women. "We aren't doing anything wrong, you know?" Probably not the best thing to say at the moment, but he is willing to say anything that will subdue whatever it is she is feeling at the moment.

Is it guilt? Fear? Or whatever it is.

She paused, giving him an incredulous look. "We aren't doing anything wrong?" She repeated, as if she couldn't believe he said that. "Abdallah what if you're the one I'm supposed to marry and two weeks before our marriage, I keep calling another man whenever I'm at my worst, huh? How would you feel?" She wasn't trying to make him look like the bad person because he isn't. But he needed to see her point.