14; Family Issues.

"AISHA!"

Aisha eyes snapped up, nearly dropping the plate she has in her hand. She was quick to steady herself though, before her eyes met that o her mother's again. "Na'am Mommy"

"Lafiyanki kuwa? You keep zoning out" Mommy asked, gesturing for her to come over with the plate.

Aisha's eyes instinctively moved to her father who was staring at the two with an amused expression. Their eyes met, and from the look on his face, she knew he would rate her out soon. Her face instantly flushed, "Abbaaa" She dragged, making her way over to the table and placing a plate in front of them each.

Alhaji Nasir chuckled, earning a wary look from Mommy, who is yet to be onboard with whatever the father and daughter have been keeping from her. "What?" Abba asked, his tone holding amusement. "Doesn't she know?" He asked, flickering his gaze to his wife for a split second.

"Know what?" Mommy inquired, scooping food from the food warmer and serving her husband who had a grin on his face. She knew something is up, because he had that same grin since he went up to surprise Aisha by his early return.

There's something going on between them. That's pretty much obvious.

Aisha scrunched her face up in embarrassment. She didn't know what was worse. The fact that Abba caught her on a call with Aslam all smiling and whatnot, or the fact that she couldn't reply when he asked if he has a potential in law.

She doesn't see Aslam in that light and she's sure he doesn't see her in that aspect too. They simply get along, which is good considering they have a patient that they are both in charge of now.

But she couldn't exactly explain that to Abba—not when it's the first time he saw her like that and he suddenly thinks he has a soon to be son-in-law.

Aisha doesn't know of other people, but that conversation isn't exactly an easy one she thought she will have with Abba any time soon.

"Oh, so she doesn't know" Abba's voice snapped her out of her mini embarrassed trance. Of course Mommy doesn't know. It's only been a couple of days since she has met Aslam and with work and all, she barely has any time to tell her what's going on in her life.

Aisha turned on her chair to face the old man who still hasn't wiped the grin on his face. "Abba wallahi it's not like that" She tried to explain, although she could still feel blood rushing to her face.

"Can someone please explain to me what's going on?" This time around, it was Mommy that asked, her gaze moving from her husband to her daughter. She sat back on her chair after serving herself too, leaving Aisha to serve herself. She didn't start eating though, instead, she fixated her eyes on the two, waiting for an explanation.

Aisha and Abba exchanged a look—the latter was pleading with her eyes for him to not say a thing but she knew it's a wasted effort. The man wouldn't hide something like that from Mommy. If he does, it will only last for a day or two.

"We will soon have a son in law"

Aisha resisted the urge to throw her hands up in the air and groan. She knew Abba wouldn't keep shut about the matter. In a way, she understands where he's coming from because knowing Mommy, she wouldn't drop it until they spill. So, why drag the inevitable?

That didn't stop Aisha burying her face in between her palms though, she couldn't face the two in that situation.

"Da gaske?!" Came Mommy's voice, and as expected, she sounded even more excited than Abba. "Are you serious? Aisha? Why haven't you told us?"

"That's what I said" Abba hopped on the marriage excitement train.

"Mommy--"

"Masha Allah wannan ai good news ne?" Mommy cut her off, clasping her hands together, her food long forgotten. "Tell me, when did you meet? What does he do? How long have you been together? Yaushe yace zai turo manyan sa?" The woman asked all in one breath, so her words sounded a bit jumbled but they understood what she meant.