25; Shit Got Real.

I know I'm your favorite author sha. No need to say it.

"JANNAH MIYE HAKA? What type of sick joke is this?!"

Jannah glanced at the phone she had kept on her table with a slight face scrunch. Aisha who had heard whoever the person on the other end—though she had a feeling she knows who it is by the voice—screamed winced slightly too. Is he planning to destroy their eardrums or what? "Wa alaiksaalam. Oh me, I'm fine Alhamdullilah. How have you been? It's been what? Two years?" Jannah asked, dismissing what he said as if he never said anything like that.

"Jannah banson iskanci. What is this I'm seeing?!" His enraged voice came yet again, ignoring her sarcastic remark. He honestly had no time for whatever nonsense she would pull on him at the moment. After all, she just pulled the biggest out there.

Jannah released a loud fed up sigh, not missing the questioning look Aisha gave her. Of course, the girl is wondering why the guy would look for Jannah after all the time that passed. "You know, Sadiq, this isn't how you talk to people you haven't heard from in twenty-four months" The man stopped pursuing her a while after he realized she won't ever be fooled by him again and since then, she hadn't heard a word from him till now.

"Have you started taking something, Firdausi?" He was beyond frustrated, and annoyed. Honestly, he thought the girl is out of his life but here she is, making an appearance in a way that demands attention. "Hauka kikeyi? How can you send me something this outrageous, iye?! I know I've hurt you but come on, GROW UP! It's been two years, and THIS IS HOW YOU WANT TO TAKE YOUR REVENGE? Jannah, wallahil azeem I won't allow this to happen!"

Aisha's eyes narrowed at Jannah, wondering what could be the reason the great and mighty Sadiq is acting like that. Jannah had just arrived at work, and told her that she wants to tell her something when she received a call before she could give more information. It seems as the girl knew who it is, because she answered the call with a sickly sweet smile. If Aisha didn't know any better, she would've been scared.

Actually, no. She feared for whoever was on the other end because the smile the girl has on her face showed that wicked part of her. Now that she heard Sadiq's name, she could only assume the worst.

"You know what, Sadiq, I honestly don't think you should be yelling at me like that" Jannah tsked, shaking her head though she knew the man can't see her. "And stop calling my name like that. That's Anty Jannah for you. Koh Mommy ma, I don't mind"

"Firdausi. This is utter bullshit"

"Well, shit just got real" She snapped. "Say hi to Antin tawa for me. You do realize I have things to do now, koh? I'll see you soon" She didn't wait for his answer, before she ended the call and pushed the phone aside carelessly. It was only after she did that did she realize her mistake, making her swivel her head in the direction the phone went, and luckily for her, it hadn't fallen off the table. She sighed in relief, her shoulders slumping slightly.

"Mind telling me what all that is about?" Aisha inquired, looking up from the report she was typing on her computer.

"Let's talk about that later" Jannah waved it off, rounding the table to walk towards Aisha's; taking the chair in front of her table. "Kinsan the Chairman passed away last week, ba?"

"Everyone knows that" That's the truth. The day he passed away, the news spread round the hospital and since it's been a week, there's hardly any worker there that doesn't know. So, how could she not know?

"Well, you know who he is, right?"

Aisha hummed, turning her attention back on her report. "Jamal Abd Al-Rasheed" She answered, avoiding Jannah's eyes because she knew what she would say. She was actually surprised the girl hasn't brought it up earlier. Well, with her trying to get on her good sides again, it took a while but she bribed her with food so they are all good now.