47

Hashims pov

Sauntering out of the airport premises i scan the crowded sorrounding and spot the familiar face walking towards me with the little girl in his hand.

"Thank you for coming." He say helping me with the suitcase as i  reach out the to collect mama.

"Mama." I say smiling as she grasp my hand and hug her kissing her on the forehead with a smile.

It honestly feel soo good to be back home, it's barely a year since i left but it feel soo long, I was so happy when bilal called me 2days ago that he would want me to fly back so i  can speak to Zahra'u, apparently she wants a divorce, I was happy because the semester was over and i was just staying doing nothing, even do i  work peace time but that doesn't stop me from wanting to come home, the rich kids left immediately after the exams even do i  save enough money for flight but i  have plans and the last thing i want is to squandered my money just to come back to Nigeria, but nevertheless all that doesn't matter I'm back and I'm staying for the next 2weeks until the holidays is over.

"Is she still adamant about the divorce?" I ask glancing at Bilal and he nod with a sigh.

I honestly sometimes find it difficult to believe he's mama's biological dad, he doesn't look like someone with a horrifying past, surely the choices we makes sometimes have a way of hunting us more than we expected, karma is definitely real.

"She has stop speaking to me since she told me she want a divorce, she spend her day in the bedroom." He say as we reach the black SUV.

"She will come around insha Allah." I say optimistically, in all honesty i  don't think Zahra'u will even listen to me, she hasn't been answering my phone calls since i brought up the conversation, she doesn't even know I'm coming, I just hope she will understand and give bilal a second chance, I don't know how negatively whatever happened to her in the past have on her, but sometimes we can't run away from our fate, and as bad as i  want to blame bilal the dude deserve a second chance since he's changed, but nevertheless everyone have there own perspective of thinking and only Zahra'u can determined wether or not he deserve a second chance.

"I don't want Zahra'u to be upset with me, if she really want a divorce and if that's the only thing that can make her happy and make her forgive me i will give her a divorce." Bilal say once we are inside the car and I sigh.

"Don't think that way Bilal,
The Almighty have a reason of bringing you two together and I'm sure Zahra'u will be considerate enough to give you a second chance at least even because of mama." I say glancing at the little girl who's playing with my phone.

"You don't understand Hashim,
It's easy without Bashir in the picture,
Now that he's back Zahra'u doesn't even want to look me in the last eyes,
But i  deserve it, everything going on in my life now is a my punishment." He say as he maneuver the car out of the airport premises.

"Everything will be fine,
With every hardship they say comes ease." I say and he nod.

The conversation is mostly about Zahra'u, there's no doubt that bilal genuinely Care about Zahra'u, je love her and it really hurt him that he was the reason everything went wrong in her life, we arrived at a beautiful 2storey building i  can't help but wonder how God changes someone entire life in just a short period of time, indeed the Almighty is unpredictable.

"Do you want to stay in the BQ or guest room?" Bilal ask once we come out of the car.

"Anywhere is fine.'I say as i  collect my phone from mama and stuff it into my pocket.

We walk to the front porch with Bilal wheeling my suitcase and the door open, clad in the black abaya Zahra'u have her phone press to her ear as she rummage through her handbag, she look up confused and remove the phone from her ear and end the call.

" Hashim. "She call and glance at bilal who's standing next to me.

" maman mama."I say with a smile and she release a heavy breathe before heading back inside

Bilal give me a worried look and I nod at him before we both enter the tastefully furnished parlour, I look around in admiration and I'm so happy, Zahra'u deserve all the good things in life, she have a wonderful home and a caring husband but i  believe bashir is a test of fate from the Almighty and i  hope she also overcome all the emotions.

Bilal excuse himself and head upstairs probably to talk to Zahra'u and I sit on the soft comfy couch with mama now dozing in my hands.

******************
"Zahra'u!" Bilal knock on the bedroom door as he wait patiently for her to open.

He's not very sure if bringing Hashim will resolved this but he just want Zahra'u to understand he genuinely love her and he's really sorry for whatever pain he's caused her.

"Zah..." He raise his hand to knock but the door open making him to step back.

"What is it Bilal?
I have told you, until you divorce me only then will i be happy." She say staring at him and Bilal sigh.

"I just want you to speak to Hashim,
Please." He say and Zahra'u shake her head before exiting the bedroom.

Zahra'u isn't sure wether or not the rash decision she's about to take is the best thing, but she couldn't help, ever since bashir show up in her life again she's happy, and since he told her he want to marry her she can't help but wonder how perfect there life will be, for the past two days she's been thinking and she know Bashir is the only man she want to be with be, sure bilal is nice and caring but if she continue this marriage with bilal she will die of Depression.

"Welcome Hashim." Zahra'u say walking inside the parlour gaining Hashim attention and he look up from his phone screen with a smile.

"Thank you maman mama." He say and glance at Bilal who enter the parlour and pick the sleeping little girl.

"I will leave you two." He say glancing at Hashim who nod with a weak yet reassuring smile at him.

"I'm not changing my mind on this Hashim." Zahra'u say with her gaze on the carpeted floor.

Hashim release a heavy breathe and stare at Zahra'u, he doesn't want to pressurize her at thesame time he doesn't want her to make a decision she will end up regretting, divorce is sure halal but it's forbidden at thesame time especially in this Zahra'u situation, Bilal might have make a mistake but he's changed.

"Zahra'u." Hashim call with a facepalm.

"I don't know how you are feeling?
I don't know how hurt or what damage Bilal has caused in your life.
But the Almighty unite you two through a circumstances that you bring a positive changed into bilal life, I'm not going to pressurize you to do anything you are not happy about,
But Zahra'u Bashir is married,
Aliyah was there for you it's the least you can do to her,
You are leaving your marriage to marry another woman husband, don't you think that is very selfish an.........

" don't judge me Hashim."Zahra'u say with a sniff as she wipe her tears with the back of her hand.
"You don't know....
Nobody will understand me,
Nobody.
Do you know what it means to be raped, to be kicked out of a house you thought was home, to be humiliated and have everyone pointing at you on the street for having a pregnancy you don't want, a pregnancy that's not your fault, to sleep on the street, to be used by everyone you thought genuinely Care about you?
You don't Hashim.
Have you ever go 3days without meal?
Have you ever sleep on the street?
Nobody is going to understand me,
The pain I've been through, the pain i  have to carry for my entire life." Zahra'u yellll frustrated as she breakdown, making Hashim to sigh.

"Zahra'u." Hashim call staring at her but Zahra'u shake her head, she doesn't want to listen to anything and anyone at this moment, she feel so exhausted, she just want to be alone, she stand up and head upstairs crying making Hashim to sigh with a facepalm. This isn't going to be easy as he thought.

I know right i  took so long but then i lost my phone.

Anyway drop your comments and vote.

I feel really sorry for my baby girl, if bashir go make you happy so shall it be abeg, I tired.