30

Sitted in Dr sadiq office Zahra'u patiently wait for him to come in,

"Maman mama." Dr sadiq call walking in with a man probably in his middle 70s making Zahra'u to quickly stand up.

"Good morning." She greet and Dr sadiq gesture for her to sit.

For Zahra'u she knows this decision she make will bring a change in her life but what's more important is that her daughter will be healthy again, she spend the entire night reminiscing the offer and by the time it's sunrise she decide it's for best, beside she have nothing to loss.

"Alhaji this is Zahra'u." Dr sadiq say and the man nod with a smile.

"Impressive, she's beautiful and respectful." The man say and Zahra'u release a deep breathe of satisfaction.

"Zahra'u,
This is alhaji Amin Alhasasan,
He's here on behalf of his son like explain to you yesterday." Dr sadiq say and Zahra'u nod.

"Zahra'u." The man call and she glance at him humming in response.
"Don't think I'm doing this to take advantage of your vulnerability,
I can pay for your daughter's treatment without making such request but i needed someone to be with my son, someone i can trust and sadiq told me about you." He say and Zahra'u nod in understanding.

"It's fine alhaji,
I'm glad you are willing to help my daughter, I really appreciate." Zahra'u say and the man nod.

"It's OK,
I have already paid for your daughter's dialysis for a year, doctor sadiq advice she should be on that for a while because there's probability her kidney might start working again and she won't need transplant." He say and Zahra'u instantly look up at him suprise that he already paid even before she marry his son.

"Thank ...thank you soo very much alhaji, nagode." Zahra'u say and the man smile weakly at her with a nod.

"It's OK,
I will let sadiq inform you when the wedding will hold, do you have any family member o....

" no."Zahra'u say dismissing any conversation about family, she doesn't have a family, her only family is Hashim and hopefully aliya will one day understand that it was never her intention to be with Bashir and she's sorry that things turn out the way they are.

"It's OK,
Dr thank you very much." Alhaji say standing up as they exchange handshake with sadiq.

"Uhmmm Zahra'u." He call making her to look up at the man.

"Here are some money,
I will appreciate it if you stop working for now." He say dropping 3 bundle of the 1000naira note making Zahra'u eyes to bulge.

"B...but alhaji this is too much,
I can manage this
" she say handing him back two of the bundle and he smile.

"Don't worry,
Sadiq i will call you later to talk about the wedding." He say and sadiq nod.

Zahra'u watch as the man exit the office before she turn her gaze back to the money in her hand, the last time she see such plenty money was when she got kicked out of Bashir parent house.

"Maman mama." Dr sadiq ca and Zahra'u turn her gaze back to him.

"Uhmmm doctor,
I was wondering?
Did you tell him about my health status?" She ask and sadiq nod with a smile.

"I do Zahra'u,
I promise you won't regret this,
Do it's not going to be easy,
Alhaji son is having some mental problem, he was a victim of bad influence of friends, he was an addict  and alot of things,
He doesn't speak and have several behavioral disorder, it's the least i can tell you but everything it's quiet complicated in alhaji Amin house.." Dr sadiq say and Zahra'u nod.

Is she really marrying someone with all this weird characteristics, is he even mentally fit to have a wife?
Why will they want to get someone with all this odd behaviour married, Zahra'u sigh and push all the negative thoughts trying to churn into her head and look up at doctor sadiq..

"Thank you doctor,
I really appreciate." She say pushing the chair backward and stand up.

"You welcome maman mama,
I will tell you whenever alhaji call with any information." He say and Zahra'u nod exiting the office.

She head to the head cleaner and explain to her that she will want to quit the job, the home ask her to write a resignation letter and submit tomorrow which Zahra'u find rather pointless but nod before going back and continue her shift, its until around 7pm that her shift is over.

Exhaustingly lifting her sleeping daughter and put her on her back, Zahra'u grab her backpack from the bed in the resting room and exit just in time she see doctor sadiq asking one of the cleaners if she leave.

"Ohh here you are,
Come with me to my office."he say and Zahra'u nod quickly yet sluggishly walking behind him.

" pleaaee sit maman mama,
I know you are exhausted but Alhaji called, he said the wedding will hold tomorrow. "He say and Zahra'u feel her heart drop.

" tomorrow? "She say baffle and confuse.

" yes Zahra'u,
Even i myself try to convince alhaji to take it maybe on two days time but he refuses but he said he will give you a day to pack and he will send someone to pick you the evening of next tomorrow. "Dr sadiq say and Zahra'u sigh massaging her forehead.

" OK doctor,
Tha....thank you."Zahra'u say as a wn escape her mouth and she stand up tiredly.

She's so exhausted to even think straightforward, she's yet to even tell Hashim, she knows he will be upset but it's for the best, he's leaving and he's the only person she gets support from, atleast if she marry he won't have to worry about leaving her all alone, she stop a rickshaw and hop in with a sigh muttering the address to the man.

As Zahra'u stare at the busy road she wonder if this marriage will make her life easy or worst, she can't help but think about what Dr sadiq told her, she really is getting married tomorrow to a psychopath.

Drop your comments and vote.