12

Coming down from the car Bashir head right to the main building it's just a week to his deployment, ever since inna's death zahra'u is pretty much in bad shape he's trying all he can to make sure she's happy especially knowing very well if he Leave he will stay for atleast six months or max, bashir decide to tell his family that zahra'u will be a part of them, he would love to marry zahra'u before his deployment but he want a grand beautiful wedding so he will wait until he is back.

"Good afternoon ya Bashir." One of his junior sisters Amal greet, he nod and head upstairs to the parlour his dad usually spend his weekend.

"Salamu'alaikum." Bashir say to make his presence known gaining the old man attention.

"Bashir,
Please come in,
How have you been?
Ya hakurin ummah da kewa?" His dad ask and bashir nod not wanting to bring the topic up.

"I'm here to discuss something important with you." Bashir say as he adjust from the relaxing position he's sitting and his dad drop the newspaper that's in his hand on the table.

"I'm listening bashir,
Is everything OK in the company?" He ask and bashir nod.

"Everything is fine alhamdulilah,
Do my deployment is in a week time but i have already make arrangement for that." Bashir say and the man nod in understand as someone enter the parlour.

"Alhaji here is the ginger drink." His step mum say and hand the cup to his dad.

Bashir isn't suprise when the middle age woman sit down, she's like a pest always prying to hear about everything.

"Go on bashir I'm listening." His dad say and bashir clear his throat.

"So i want to get engage before my deployment sabida in na dawo aure nakeson yi." Bashir say and his dad smile happily.

"Masha Allah this is good news,
It's not a problem,
who is the lucky girl?" His dad ask and bashir release a deep breathe.

"It's zahra'u,
The girl that used to take care of inna before she died, I don't want your opinion about her I'm just here to tell you as a father and because i will be leaving soon, zahra will be staying in this house until i come back." Bashir say and his step mother snort.

"You don't even know the root of this girl, how can you just jump into marri.........

" I'm talking to my dad not you,
And the last time I checked this isn't your house, Zahra'u will continue to stay in Inna's apartment as my fiancee until i come back."bashir say and his step mum look at her husband but the man didn't say anything.

"Alhaji don't you think it's a mistake for a grown up girl like that to stay alone in that big apartment, why not she stay with everyone here until you come back?" His step mun suggest and bashir look up at the woman.

"Ammi I don't want your opinion in my life, Aabbah i do hope my request will be put into consideration,
Zahra is the girl i love and i will appreciate it if she continue to stay in grandma apartment for the mean time until i come back." Bashir say and his dad nod.

"Shikenan bashir tunda abunda kake so kenan.
May the Almighty guide us all through and choose what's best for us." His dad say and bashir nod.

"Thank you very much,
Have a wonderful day." Bashir say and stand up.

He leave the parlour ignoring his step mum ranting voice to his dad about how wrong it is for him to marry zahra'u, once he exit the building, he decide to go to his apartment building to shower before he check on zahra'u but halfway to his apartment he could hear mamah impatient crying voice making him to turn back and head to the two bedroom apartment.

Depressed is the best way to described how zahra'u has been feeling, ever since the death of inna she's been moody, previously within the week bashir bring some boys and they vacated inna's bedroom, Bashir told her he's giving out everything for charity, he replaced the room with a very beautiful children bed and a lot of toys for mamah, zahra'u knows he's doing all that to make her comfortable and happy,
but how can she be happy when inna's body is barely a month on the ground.

"Zahra!" The familiar voice call gaining her attention from the where she's been laying on the kitchen island as bashir walk inside with mamah in his hand.

"Welc.......

" meye haka zahra.
Do you know mama has been crying in the bedroom, look at how her face is all swollen, you are here thinking about inna, you do know she's not coming back no matter how hard you grieve."Bashir say upset as he sway mamah who's still crying.

"Did you feed her?" He ask and zahra'u shake her head making him to sigh.

"Hurry and make her food for her please." Bashir say a little calm and zahra'u come down from the kitchen stool and sashy to the cabinet, she grab the feeding bowl  and spoon before turning the warm water from the flask into the bowl, she make the cereal and bashir collect it from her.

"Zauna magana zamuyi." He say knowing very well she will go to her bedroom and continue crying.

Bashir begin feeding the little girl as zahra'u stare at him wondering how her life transform from the street girl to a lucky girl with a man that genuinely care about her maybe inna was right "some day she will find happiness " that day is already here because she have the perfect man in the planet in love with her.

"My deployment is in a week time,
I have already spoke to my dad,
You will stay here until i come back." Bashir say and look up at zahra'u with a smile.

"I love you zahra,
I have never loved someone the way i love you, I want you to marry me." Bashir say staring at zahra'u who's staring at him and then she breakdown.

There's no word to describe her love for Bashir, he's the one that give her all the happiness and attention she's been craving for, he give her hope when she lost everything, he give her everything she do ever wishe for and he become a father to her daughter something she can never pay him for doing, Bashir is the one for her and she wouldn't mind waiting for as long as she can to be with him, Never did zahra'u know her story is yet to begin and a single betrayal will shatter her apart leaving her with no choice than to go back to where she think is best for her the street.