17

With no direction and idea of where she's going when zahra'u arrived at the motor park and find a bus waiting for a single passenger to Niger state she decide that will be her destination, she hop into the car and start the long hour drive to the city of power,
During the ride she was sitted next to a girl probably same age as she, they make small conversation mostly the girl who's name zahra'u learn is Aliyah doing the talking telling her about the town,
When they arrive at the park mamah is already asleep and it's already late at night, zahra'u clasp her daughter on her back as she scan the busy motor park with a sigh.

"Zahra'u." The familiar girl call coming towards her with her suitcase.
"Where are you heading to?" Aliyah ask and zahra'u release a deep breathe, she hasn't tell aliyah anything personal about her life all she tell her was that she's coming here for the first time.

"I was thinking if i can see a motel close by so i can check in zuwa gobe sa......

" don't worry you can come and stay with me for the night."aliyah say and zahra'u deliberate looking at the lousy girl curiously.

"I stay in a rented apartment nearby, here in maitumbi." Aliyah say and zahra'u nod.

Aliyah told her she's a food nutrition 300level student in the university, zahra'u release a deep breathe and decide to go with aliyah, she stop one of the tricycle and they both hop in as aliyah mutter the address to the tricycle man.

"My phone is dead i hope there's light." Aliyah say once the tricycle start moving.

"How long have you been staying here?" Zahra'u ask and aliyah shrug.

"Since my 100level,
that's like 3years ago, I'm so tired can't wait to graduate and leave." Aliyah say dramatically making zahra'u to chuckle slightly.

Throughout the ride the two girls talk as do they know each other for a very long time, zahra'u find a little bit of comfort speaking to aliyah and after a while the tricycle comes to a stop, making zahra'u to glance at the house with black gate, zahra'u offer to pay the tricycle man even do aliyah object she still let her pay and the two girls enter the quiet compound with 6flats 3 on each side, it's an average beautiful compound.

"My flat is the last,
A Chan lungun nake." Aliyah say as she help zahra'u with one of the suitcase, zahra'u scan the sorrounding it seems like a comfortable place to live hopefully the rent is not very High so she can rent one of the apartment that is if it's vacant.

"Shigo." Aliyah say opening the door wide for zahra'u who scan the apartment, it's a one bedroom with bathroom and a small kitchen, then the small porch.

"This place is good." Zahra'u compliment making aliyah to smile.

"Right,
Thank you,
keep her on the bed so she can relax, thank god there's light." Aliyah say turning on the AC.

Zahra'u scan the bedroom it's a usual student like bedroom, the big giant mattress on the well carpeted floor, the only difference is the AC she add despite the ceiling fan and a medium television with DVD set.

"What do you want to eat?" Aliyah ask gaining zahra'u attention.

"Anything is fine,
I will need small hot water please so i can make mamahs food." Zahra'u say, she bought some of the baby food and diapers in the park,
Aunty ammi and her daughter's weren't considerate to throw some at her.

"That won't be a problem,
The bathroom is over there in case you want to pray or shower." Aliyah say and zahra'u nod.

Zahra'u sigh and decide to lay down for a while, her mind wander back to the place she used to call home and the thought of Bashir cross her mind,
She wonder what will happen if he comes back, zahra'u want to start a new life, she want to start something new and leave all good and bad memories behind, she believe if she and bashir are meant to be someday some how there path will cross again, if not then he will become a beautiful memory to her, she think about late inna and she wonder if the old woman is alive things won't be the way they ended up to be.
   she think about aunty ummi and her daughter's, zahra'u wonder how little fu'ad is doing,
  she also think about mama sikirat and all the girls they used to work together at the restaurant, she think of aunty lami and mallam musa that took her to the house, she sigh and decide to push all those good and bad memories aside, this is her new home, she want to be a caring devoted mother to her daughter and she's very sure she doesn't want to work as a maid any longer, she want to work somewhere no one will take advantage of her, she release deep exhausting breathe and glance at her daughter who's sprawl on the bed sleeping making her to smile.

Zahra'u decide to shower and pray, she spend as long time as she can on the prayer mat telling all her problems to the only one that has solution to them.

"Ga ruwana zafin." Aliyah say coming inside the bedroom with a small children flask,rubber cup and spoon.

"Thank you." Zahra'u say with a weak smile and aliyah nod.

"There's bottle water in the fridge there." She say pointing to the right side of the bedroom making zahra'u to turn noticing the small fridge by the wall.

"Let me bring the food,
I have to eat before i bath, thank god I'm on my period i will just sleep." Aliyah say making zahra'u to chuckle at how excited she looks before exiting the bedroom.

After a while aliyah comes back with the plate of noodles and 6 boiled egg making zahra'u to shake her head.

"Isn't this food much for just two of us?" She ask and aliyah laugh slightly.

"Zahra kenan,
Let's eat because me I'm not watching any weight." Aliyah say handing her the fork and drop the plate of food on the floor.

"Is mamah not going to wake up?" Aliyah ask glancing at the little girl.

"Maybe later,
Where did you get all this children stuff?" Zahra'u ask gesturing at the cup.

"Ooohhh there's this lady maman sima in our department, she came last semester and left it i didn't take it back to her." Aliyah explain and put the fork full with the noodles in her mouth.

"How much is this apartment?" Zahra'u ask and aliyah shrug.

"85,000naira for this,
The other three flat opposite ours is 2bedroom it's 180,000naira i think,
Kina so neh?" Aliyah ask and zahra'u deliberate for a while then nod.

"The two bedrooms is all occupied but the flat before mine is vacant i don't know wether someone rent it when we were on strike but i can call the landlord and ask him." Aliya say reaching to remove her phone from the charger making zahra'u to chuckle.

"Let's finish eating first." She say and aliyah shake her head.

"No,
We better know so we can know the next step to take." Aliyah say scrolling through her phone screen.

Aliyah isn't one to pry into people personal life, she's lousy but she knows how to mind her business, do she's selective when it comes to friends but some how she just see a sister in zahra'u something she never had while growing up as an only female child sorrounded by 6boys.

"He say it's vacant kinga gobe very early in the morning sai muje,
His house is few blocks away." Aliyah say and zahra'u nod with a smile.

The two spend the night talking mostly aliyah telling zahra'u about her childhood and how frustrated it is to be last born and only girl in the family, the two girls find solace in each other and it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship for the two one that will last a very long time until zahra'u past comes knocking on the door.

I know it's been a while i update but bare with me i gat my hands full this days.

And please drop your comments and votes it's what really motivate me.

I love you all.❤