10

Bashir has always been straight forward when it comes to things he likes, even when he met the first girl he ever fall in love with he went straight to the point about his feeling but destiny and fate plays a role in there life and she was married to someone else, for the past 5years he's remain single and just focuses on his career until that day when he set  his eyes on zahra'u by the road sight, it was a love at first sight for him,
He do make a simple background check on zahra'u and her past is just something that makes him even fall in love with her the more, everyone in the gurara community knows about her story so it wasn't very hard to find out about her, even do she try to masked on all the pain she's been through he knows that scar will always be a part of her especially with her daughter she do always remind her of her past, there's no denial that he love zahra'u but he just doesn't want to rush things for her because he do know how insecure she is especially after her traumatic past.

"Zahra'u wlh yarinyanki bata da kunya,
Bashir will leave soon and it will be me and you in this house." Inna say as bashir laugh hugging mamah to his chest.

"Haba grandma,
Mamah don't mind them i am here for the next 3months and i will come back just for you" bashir say as zahra'u come out of the kitchen.

"Should i bring the food here?" She ask glancing at her daughter who's playing on bashir lap.

It amaze her how close mama has become with bashir,
   she sometime spend the entire day with him in his apartment which zahra'u is yet to understand which one among the two forbidden building is his, it's been a month since she's working in the house and mamah has started eating cereal, ever since bashir bought some of the children cereal for her the girl avoid breastmilk,some days zahra'u will be the one pleading the girl to suck do to how painful her breast are.

"Just bring mine here." Bashir say and zahra'u node.

"Inna what about you?"zahra'u ask and Inna shake her head.

" keep mine in the bedroom,
I will go take a nap, I will eat after that."inna say and zahra'u node.

Zahra'u sashy back to the kitchen and begin arranging bashir food on the tray,one thing she is yet to know and understand is, wether inna is his maternal grandmother or paternal grandmother, the fact that his father has never come to the apartment doesn't help her curiousity, Bashir is the only one seems to care about the old lady, his siblings come only if they want inna to speak to bashir about something they want which mostly it's money, she exit the kitchen with the old woman food and drop it in her bedroom,she quickly arrange Bashir food on the dinning table as she glance at him from the dinning table.

"The food is set." Zahra'u say coming inside the parlour.

"OK,
feed mamah and dress her up,
I am going out with her." He say as zahra'u reach to collect the little girl from him but mamah refuse clutching to bashir shirt.

"Kema kenan da kika haife ta ballantana ni,
Bashir will leave you and you will be disappointed." Inna say playfully as she stand up making both zahra'u and bashir to laugh.

"Inna i still have 3months before my deployment and insha Allah wherever i am i will come for my baby girls one year birthday,
Right mama-nah." He say to the little girl who just giggle excitedly as inna enter her bedroom.

Zahra'u watch as Bashir Stand up with mama clutch to his chest and head to the dinning table, he drop her on the chair next to his and look up.

"Are you not going to eat?" Bashir ask and zahra'u shake her head.

"I'm fasting." Zahra'u say and bashir raise his brow.

"Fasting?" He ask and she node.

"It's Monday." She say and he node in understanding.

"Is there anything you will want me to buy for you so you can break your fast with?" He ask and zahra'u node.

"The dates have finish,
I will like some and maybe fruits if that's OK." She say and bashir node.

"More than OK,
What time is it?" Bashir ask and zahra'u glance at the wall clock in the Parlour.

"4:16pm." She mutter and he node.

"Go get ready then,
If i finish eating we will go and buy whatever you want." He say and zahra'u stare at him for some time then node.

"OK." She say and walk to the dinning table and pick mama who's playing with Bashir phone in her hand,zahra'u collect the phone and drop it on the dinning table as she glance at the screen wallpaper she's suprise to see its a picture of him and mamah together.

Bashir quietly eat the tuwon shinkafa with the most tasteful egusi soup he ever eat in his life, ever since the first day he ate zahra'u food he stop eating with the rest of the family members, he eat his 3square meal made by the lady he love in his grandmother apartment, do he told his grandmother about his feeling for zahra'u but he tell her he want zahra'u to be more comfortable with him before he tell her about how he feels, he watch as zahra'u head to her bedroom and he releases a deep breathe of exhaustion with a sigh.

Zahra'u bath both herself and her daughter then dress her daughter in a pink baby pinafore Bashir bought for her while she put on a black abaya and role her veil neatly on her head, before exiting the bedroom.

"Aha you two done already?" Bashir ask glancing at zahra'u as he collect little mama from her.

"Let me tell inna." Zahra'u say and bashir node exiting the apartment as he wait for zahra'u on the pavement.

That evening bashir spend it with zahra'u, he took her to the mall and by the time they finish shopping it's already maghrib so he take zahra'u to a very fancy beautiful restaurant to break her fast, there he tell her how and what he feel towards her, he wasn't sure what to expect but rejection isn't something on his mind and so he wasn't suprise when zahra'u give him the most beautiful smile he ever seen on a Lady that evening, it was a new beginning for the both of them, never did they both know that soon a single scenario will change there fate tearing them apart and taking zahra'u back to where she hate most the street.

Drop your comments and votes please.

Check out my other book scourge and it all start in June.