22

Slowly like a slug on it's way to the mountain it's been exactly five months since Zahra'u moved to the city of minna, sitted on aliyah's bed Zahra'u watch with a smile as Aliya excitedly arrange her things to leave, yet another strike begin and aliyah stay for a month hoping the strike will be off and so Zahra'u won't be lonely but with the way things are it's clear the strike it's gonna be a long one, the fact that her family are calling everyday for her to be back home doesn't help, even do Aliya offered Zahra'u to come with her she decline because as bad as she hate to be alone in the compound she knows there life isn't gonna be thesame, she have a daughter to take care of she need to work and settle her bills.

"Zahra'u are you sure you don't want to come?" Aliyah ask and Zahra'u shake her head with a smile.

"No,
It's fine beside Hashim is around and I'm sure he will always stop by everyday yo check on me." Zahra'u say and aliyah shrug dropping the suitcase by the door.

"And your prince charming is right next-door, abeg Zahra'u buy phone so that someone can call you." Aliya say rolling her veil and Zahra'u chuckle.

"Insha Allah i will buy,
I have put it in my Budger for this month salary." Zahra'u say standing up to help Aliya with some of the luggage.

"See my baby is sleeping and i will go,
Mama honey don't worry aunty Aliya will be back soon, I hope ASUU won't let this last long." Aliyah say exiting the bedroom as Zahra'u pick her daughter.

"I'm leaving the spare key do,
You should have leave her to enjoy the AC, yanzu zaki je ki ajiyeta a wanan prison bedroom dinki."Aliya say and Zahra'u ignore her exiting the bedroom with the sleeping girl.

She glance at the black SUV in the compound and open her door, she turn on the ceiling fan and drop mama on the bed before exiting with a sigh.

She couldn't call her relationship with ziyad friendship anymore, even do he's the only one try very hard to make sure they are more than friends, Zahra'u knows she's slowly begin to fall for the gentle and caring doctor, he took her daughter and aliyah on a shopping spree on mama's one year birthday, she got back from work and found some piles of shopping bags on her bed with 3different cakes, she was happy for his kind gesture but she just doesn't want to start a relationship she knows she can't contribute anything in it especially after hearing about his family background, Zahra'u knows there is no way they will accept this relationship with her.

" I will call Hashim so i can speak to you when i reach home."aliya say as they walk out of the compound with Zahra'u Wheeling the suitcase.

"OK,
See the Hashim self, speaking about the angel." Zahra'u say and aliyah chuckle.

"Which one is speaking about the angel, you can keep mama with him if you are going to work since there's no school now and his shift I'm the gas station is usually by 2 and you are in the morning shift right?" Aliya ask and Zahra'u nod.

Even do she trust Hashim she just have this insecurities of leaving Zahra'u with a male gender.

"Yawwa mamman mama i am even heading to your place." Hashim say once he meet up with them as he collect the suitcase from Zahra'u.

"What is it Hashim?
Hope I'm safe?" Zahra'u say making him to chuckle.

"Safe and sound,
I enroll mama into a preschool,
This is the birth certificate i make for her." He say handing the big brown envelope to Zahra'u making her to smile.

"You don't have to do that Hashim,
I told you i will enroll her soon if i save a lot of money." Zahra'u say and Hashim shrug.

"She need to start going,
She's smart and don't worry i will pay for her through out this year by next year maybe you have save enough so you will start paying for her fees." Hashim say as Zahra'u remove some of the papers and shake her head in disbelief.

"Hashim,
Haba this is to expensive ,
How much are you even earning I'm the gas station and supermarket,
25,0000 naira per term i cannot gaskiya." Zahra'u say as she look at the papers and Hashim sigh.

"He say he will pay,
Wlh sometimes i feel like slapping you with this your attitude of wanting to be extra independent." Aliyah say as they reach the road side and one of the rickshaw quickly halt in there front.

Zahra'u just stay quiet not wanting to be extra unappreciative and smile weakly at Hashim, he's like that elder brother she never have, even dobhe Senior her with just 2years he sure treat her like his younger sister and treat her daughter like his niece.

"OK.
I'm going be that oo." Aliya say slipping inside the rickshaw as Hashim put her suitcase inside.

They bid her goodbye and once the rickshaw drive away Zahra'u and Hashim head back home.

"I have to go get ready for work,
I will come in the evening to check on you insha Allah." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod.

"Thank you very much, for everything." Zahra'u say and Hashim nod.

"Anything for you,
I will bring the uniform later i wash it i will iron it and bring it for you so that on Monday she will start going." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod with a smile as they both go there separate ways.

The heavy laughter of her daughter it's what makes her rush inside the compound and is suprise to see her with ziyad as he throw her up in the air and grab her.

"Mamah." Zahra'u say walking inside the apartment gaining ziyad attention as he hold mama to his arm.

"Mamah look at mummy is here,
She left you crying." Ziyad say smiling handing the little girl to her mother but surprisingly mamah refuse to go.

Zahra'u stare at her daughter for a while and reach out to collect her but mamah refuse to let go ziyad making her to shake her head.

"Fine,
Suit yourself there." Zahra'u say with a smile and walk to her apartment frontage and sit.

Ziyad laugh and sit in front of his apartment which is directly opposite hers.

"Come on mama go to mummy."ziyad say dropping mamah on the floor and the little girl walk to her mother.

Ziyad stare at her for a while and avert his gaze to the floor.

"I really like you Zahra'u." He say looking up from the floor with a weak smile.

"Are you going to work tomorrow?" Zahra'u ask changing the topic and ziyad release a deep breathe.

"Yeah." He say and the two dive into a different conversation mostly about work and ziyad once in a while talking about his family.