1

2months after the robbery zahra'u find life even more frustrating and difficult, she still cannot process that aunty ummi will do what she did to her sure she knows the Lady doesn't like her but she never thought the hatred she has toward her has reach that extended,
  that night all six men rape zahra'u, she scream and ended up giving up she feel so cheap and useless, she spend the entire night thinking about when life will ever give her a chance to be happy, the most disturbing and disgraceful thing is aunty ummi keeps telling everyone the arm robbers rape her, literally everyone in the area know that the robbers did rape her that night.

"Ke zahra'u,
Won't you come and finish washing this clothes?" Hassana yell in front of zahra'u bedroom.

"Mummy." Hassana yell as zahra'u sigh trying to sit upright but feel really dizzy, she barely complete the chores this morning she's been feeling so sick and restless for the past two days.

"Ya hassana please i will wash the clothes tomorrow, I promise." Zahra'u say from her bedroom as she crawl to the door lifting the shabby old curtain.

"Come out and wash my clothes right now,
Ina ruwana da rashin lafiyanki!" Hassana yell and zahra'u sigh.

"I will try please just give me some time." Zahra'u say tiredly,
hassana glare at her before hissing loudly and leave.

Zahra'u sigh and facepalm as she grab the old purse from her bed and open it, zahra'u knows she need to take a pregnancy test she's been having all this weird feelings and symptoms that she knows only a pregnant lady can have, she is afraid that history is about to repeat itself, zahra'u knows there's no way she can have the baby if by any chance she is pregnant she will have to get rid of it because she doesn't want the child she will have to go through same fate as she,
   her mother choose to keep her and look at the life she's living, she sigh and remove the old 200naira, she grab her hijab from the bed and put it on before leaving the house through the backdoor so that no one will notice she's gone.

On her way to the small pharmacy in the area zahra'u ignore the whispering of people and fingers pointing at her, ever since the news of her been a rape victim she can't walk freely without people discussing her there are few times that some people stop her just to confirm or say all sort of stupid remark to her.

"Zahra'u." Isah the young boy that stay in the pharmacy call once he sees her.

"Bani wanan abunda ake gwajin ciki dashi." Zahra'u say not sparing him a glance, isah is just a normal obnoxious guy in the area he's no difference with the guys that usually stay under the mango tree gossiping about every single girl that pass.

"It's 100naira." He say and zahra'u hand him the 200naira note.

"Di........

" just give me my change."zahra'u say not interested in whatever it is he want to say.

"Here is the change,
Is not like i am going to say i like you,
Ke da aka gama kwakula mezanyi da panko." Isah say handing the pregnancy test strip and the 100naira change to her.

Zahra'u ignore him collect her things and leave the shop, she is use to people saying all sort of remark about her that it doesn't bother her any longer, as she fasten her pace to go home.

"Zahra'u." A voice call, she didn't bother to turn she continue walking not in the mood to speak.

"Zahra'u." The familiar voice call and she stop.
"I heard what happened,
I came back yesterday night i wanted to come visit you today." Musa say,
Zahra'u doesn't really know what to think about him he's a nice guy and everyone respect his parent, even do he show interest in her zahra'u know there's no way his parent will let him marry a girl like her especially after the news in the area.

"Can i go now." Zahra'u say and musa sigh.

"Zahra'u,
I really don't care about what happened or what people say about you, I really like you." Musa say as zahra'u continue her walk back home.

She doesn't want to start a relationship that she knows will end in a terrible heartbreak, within the years she met alot of men that say they like her but they leave after hearing her story or get discourage by there family.

"Zahra'u." Musa say once she reach the house gate and she turn to face him.

"Musa,
I really appreciate your concern towards me but you know very well there's nothing positive that will come out of this, especially after what happen, I don't want any problem i am OK with the ones i am dealing with, do me a favor and marry the girl your parents wants you to marry,
Leave me and stop following me around." Zahra'u say and enter the house.

Sure musa mother has come to the house several times to warn her to stay away from her son, zahra'u tell the woman several times that there's nothing going on between she and her son but she failed to understand

"Daga ina  kike?"Aunty ummi ask once zahra'u enter the house.

" u...I....i "zahra'u stammer as she try to hide the pregnancy test strip but it slip off her hand do to how she's trembling.

"What are you hiding?" Aunty ummi say as she walk and pick the black nylon on the floor.

"Ciki kika yi kema irin ta uwarki." Aunty ummi yell as her children all come out.

"Look, she went to buy pregnancy test strip,
Kema karuwanchi kikeyi ai daman gado ne me wuyan bari." Aunty ummi say as zahra'u stand not knowing what to do.

"Hassana come and follow her to the bathroom let her do the test let's see,
Asirin ki ya tonu, Allah kadai yasan sau nawa take yin ciki tana cirewa,
Shegiya munfaka shegen idanuwa irin ta uwarta."aunty ummi say as hassana drag zahra'u with her.

" oya,
Take this go and urinate inside, I'm watching you from here."hassana say and zahra'u collect the container with a sigh.

After a while zahra'u come out with the container and Hassana glare at her.

"Hold it joor." She say and deep the pregnancy strip into the urine after a while the two lines appear and hassana begin yelling it's positive running to tell her mother the news as zahra'u head back to her bedroom crying.

Zahra'u knows she have to do something to get rid of this pregnancy, how can she even raise a child in this horrible condition she's living.

"Why are you crying?
Is it not what you want,
Alhaji will come this evening and you must leave this house because we cannot deal with this shame,
Where did you even get money from?
Sata kike yi yanzu." Aunty ummi say dragging her from the

That evening zahra'u receive the regular beating aunty ummi always give her, she cry and wish that somehow the pregnancy will be miscarried.