24

With the help of Hashim, Zahra'u is able to raise the 300,000naira for the first month of the treatment but she's worried the doctor told her this have to continue for as long as her daughter become better or worst she will need a kidney transplant, Zahra'u feel so tired and exhausted, she's been working double shift and even ask Hashim if she can get a job somewhere that she can raise as much money as she can for her daughter's treatment, she's currently sitting in front of her apartment staring at the door right opposite of hers, ever since what happened between she and the so called doctor she haven't set an eyes on him, the gate open and she look suprise to see Aliya with her suitcase  coming inside.

"Aliyah." Zahra'u say with a smile  standing up.

"Maman mama,
No calls nothing, nothing." Aliyah say as she tiredly walk to where Zahra'u is standing.

"How are you?
Did they call off the strike?" Zahra'u ask as she help aliyah with the suitcase.

"No,
Where's mamah?" Aliyah ask sitting with a sigh.

"Hashim took her to the hospital for her dialysis, they will soon be back." Zahra'u say and Aliya give her confuse look.

"Dialysis?
What happened to her?" Aliyah ask and Zahra'u briefly explain to her.

"He didn't call me,
His number hasn't been going for the past two weeks, how is she doing?" Aliya ask and Zahra'u shrug with a smile.

"Alhamdulilah,
So what brings you if the strike hasn't been called?" Zahra'u ask and Aliya smile.

"I'm engaged oo,
Wlh i went home and got the suprise of my life, dad got me engaged to one of my elder cousin." Aliya say and Zahra'u smile.

"That's good." Zahra'u say as she strand up to get some water for Aliya.

"I don't know Zahra'u but i am not sure he is excited as i am,
Dad fix the wedding in the next 2months." Aliyah say tiredly as Zahra'u hand her the cup of water.

"Wow,
That's fast,
What's the groom name?" Zahra'u ask teasingly and aliyah roll her eyes.

"Ya abbah,
Did you cook I'm hungry." Aliya say and Zahra'u hand her the plate of rice.

"Thank you." Aliya say tiredly as she deliberate on wether or not to tell Zahra'u.

The two stay in silence,Zahra'u thinking about her daughter's health and how her life is always full with problems, while aliya wondering if telling this to Zahra'u is the rightful thing to do.

"Zahra'u." Aliya say with a sigh.

"Yes." Zahra'u say glancing at Aliya, she look different and it's as do she gain weight.

"I'm pregnant." Aliyah say and Zahra'u give her a confuse look.

"Pregnant?
Who's child?" Zahra'u ask, aliyah barely talk about her relationship so she doesn't know much.

"It doesn't matter i just want to get rid of it, that's why i come back." She say dropping the plate of food feeling all her appetite gone.

"Abortion?" Zahra'u say the word and release a deep breathe.

"I don't know Aliya,
This thing growing inside of you don't have to pay for the mistake you make,
You have a loving family I'm sure they will understand and support you." Zahra'u say and Aliya shake her head.

"I'm going to be getting married soon Zahra'u, the last thing i want is........

the gate open and Hashim comes in carrying mama in his arm who's fast asleep.

"Aliyah." Hashim say with a smile as he walk towards them, he enter the bedroom and drop the little girl on the bed before coming out.

"Hashim you didn't tell me mamah was sick?" Aliya say and Hashim sigh.

"Sorry,
I don't want to bother you,
Maman mamah how are you?" He ask and Zahra'u nod.

"Fine,
How was the session?" She ask and hr shrug.

"Good,
I have to go back to work,
I will stop by later." He say and quickly saunter out of the compound.

"If you getting rid of it will makes you better then I'm here for you." Zahra'u say with a weak smile and aliya sigh.

The two talk for a while and aliya decide to take a nap by the time she wakes up Zahra'u is getting ready for work.

"You are in late shift?" Aliyah ask glancing at the wall clock and Zahra'u nod.

"Yes,
I keep food for Hashim if he comes back i know he's fasting today." Zahra'u say grabbing her backpack.

"Mamah." Aliyah say picking the little girl.

"Bye,
Her food is by the bed in my bedroom." Zahra'u say and exit the apartment with a sigh.

She's confused, she doesn't know how she will raise this kind of huge amount of money every month, her salary is just 45,000 naira , Zahra'u feel exhausted with everything going on in her life, once at the hospital she saunter inside and run into ziyad.

"Zahra'u can we talk?" He ask and Zahra'u shake her head.

"About what?
Please doctor don't complicate my life as it is now, go face your wife and leave me alone." She say and ziyad shake his head.

"Zahra'u,
I will pay for your daughter's treatment and you will marry me." Ziyad say he knows it's very low of him but he's desperate, he really need a woman like Zahra'u in his life.

Zahra'u throw a deadly glare at him and walk pass him with a hiss.

They are all thesame, always want to use her and make her the victim,
She begin the long shift wandering and thinking about what ziyad says.

As the month gradually ends Zahra'u worrisome begin to increase she couldn't raise the money for the treatment, she's sitting outside the hospital backyard thinking if accepting ziyad offer is the wise thing to do, she feel so tired of all the things going on in her life, Dr sadiq told her they need to make the payment before mamahs next session, she didn't have even up to half the money they need, Zahra'u breakdown and cry for as long as she can as do that will make her get the money she wants.

***********
"Maman mamah i told you it's the only necessary help we can now,
If your daughter didn't get this then she might die at any moment." Doctor sadiq say and Zahra'u sigh.

Mama was rush to the hospital after going 2days without her usual dialysis section, Zahra'u stand outside the hospital building staring at the busy compound as it immediately click to her, Dr ziyad offer is the only thing that can get her out of this problem and save her daughter's life, she clean her eyes and head to the ER ward where he works.

"Did you see doctor ziyad?" She ask and the nurse point to a room.

Zahra'u wait by the door and once he comes out she release a deep breathe.

"Doctor." She call gaining his attention.

"Ohhh Zahra'u." He say with a smile
"Have you think about the offer?" He ask and Zahra'u nod.

"Yes i agreed," she say with a sniff flicking her tears away.

Zahra'u feel disgusted, she cannot even believe she thought ziyad is a good man, sure enough she always trust the wrong people.

Drop your comments and votes