19

The next day pass by in a hazy and it's Monday morning, zahra'u is sitting in her bedroom wondering how she's going to start searching for a job in this town that she barely knows anyone.

"Zahra'u." Aliya call entering the bedroom gaining zahra'u attention.
"Good morning." Aliyah greet and sit on the edge of the bed as she fix her clothe.

"I have to go to school to submit something,
this is my key Hashim is going to bring my project for me please collect it and keep it for me." Aliya say standing up from the bed.

"Sai kin dawo."zahra'u say with a sigh.

" mamah is still sleeping. "Aliya say as she exit the bedroom closing the door shut.

Zahra'u stare at the bedroom wall,
Staying home won't help her she need to go out and find something to do, she thought and stand up from the bed, she set some water on the gas and sit in front of the apartment small porch.

" salamu'alaikum. "A familiar voice say gaining her attention.

" Hashim good morning,
Aliyah just left like few minutes ago."zahra'u say standing up and open the burglary.

"I saw her,
Here is the project,
Is mamah still sleeping?" Hashim ask with a smile and sit on the chair facing the apartment.

"Yeah mamah is still sleeping,
Aren't you going to school?" Zahra'u ask dropping the project whatever Hashim give to her in the bedroom.

"Lectures is by 2 and i don't have work today." He explain and zahra'u nod.

The two stay in silence for a while before zahra'u talk.

"Hashim i was wondering if i can ask you a favor if you don't mind." Zahra'u say and Hashim shrug.

"Anything for you maman mamah." He say and zahra'u sigh.

"Where can i get a job?" Zahra'u ask and Hashim stare at her for a while then sigh.

"Job?
Which type of job maman mamah?" He ask, he's not sure what to think, Hashim in his mind thought zahra'u is a married woman or whatever he don't expect her to ask for a favor like this.

"Any type of job,
Even do is working in the filling station like you do or anything " zahra'u say and Hashim release a deep breathe.

"There's no vacancy for now in the place i work but i will ask around for you and....he pause,
Well there's this cleaning job i applied in a government hospital they say they will call me this month if they do i will let you know so you can go." Hashim say and zahra'u give him a bewilderment look.

"Why!
Don't you want the job?" She ask and Hashim shake his head.

"I think you will need it more,
the salary is good beside cleaning job is more for female." Hashim say and zahra'u smile weakly at him.

"Thank you Hashim,
Have you eaten?" Zahra'u ask and he shake his head.

"I'm fasting,
today is Monday." He say and zahra'u nod in understanding.

"How long have you been staying here?" Zahra'u ask and Hashim sigh.

"Since my 100level,
I used to go home once in a while to check my uncle but since he died last year i just stay." He explain and zahra'u nod.

"I also live with my late mother husband until stuff about life makes me leave home." Zahra'u say not wanting to go into details about her life and Hashim nod.

"It's never easy,
I hope some day.........Hashim pause when his phone start ringing and he quickly remove it from his pocket.

Zahra'u watch as he press the phone to his ear and talk nodding his head as do whoever on the other line can see him.

" maman mamah,
It's from the hospital, they say i should come, I think it's best if we go together i will explain to them that i want you to replace me, right. "Hashim say with a smile and zahra'u nod smiling.

" thank you Hashim i don't know how to even thank you more, let me just put something comfortable and pick mamah."zahra'u say and turn off the gas before entering her bedroom.

She quickly put a blue gown and put her sleeping daughter on her back, g
She grab some money just in case before exiting the bedroom.

"Mamah is awake." Hashim say as zahra'u close the door.

"She should stay on the back, mamah can be destructive this days." Zahra'u say and the two walk out of the compound.

It's about 20minutes to the hospital, zahra'u pay the tricycle even do Hashim object she say it's the least she can do after the sacrifice he make for her, At the hospital Hashim went to the management and after explaining to them the man who in Hashim opinion is tired of his job nod without a care and hand them some papers to fill and take it to the head cleaning department.

"How can you not have an account number an........

"Ma'am can you please stop shouting at her because of this i told you she just find out this morning that she will replace me, she will bring the account number before the week end." Hashim say already upset by the elderly woman who keeps scolding zahra'u unnecessary about something that doesn't make any sense to him.

"Are you her father that is going to defend her or what?
If she's not ready to work then why is she here.........

" ma'am I'm sorry i will try and open an account before the week ends."zahra'u say politely to the old woman who glare at her.

"And this baby,
You know you are here to work not nurse babies right?" The woman say and Hashim wants to talk but zahra'u just nod at him yo keep quiet.

"My daughter won't affect my work i promise ma'am." Zahra'u say with a smile and the woman hiss and sign the paper before handing it to them.

"You will bring 3 passport tomorrow,
Submit this to the secretary and you will sew this uniform." The woman say handing the dark green small piece of clothe to zahra'u.

"Thank you ma'am.
When can i start?" Zahra'u ask as she hand her daughter to Hashim.

"Monday, 7am." The woman say and zahra'u nod.

"She complains alot."Hashim say as the walk to the secretary desk and hand the paper to him.

" I will go to the bank tomorrow,
If Aliya comes back she will take me to the market so i can buy the yard."zahra'u say as they walk out of the hospital building.

As the two exit the building never did zahra'u knows within this walls she will make friends, she will make enemies, she will make new memories and even find love again.