6

Been a maid and having a daughter to care for isn't so easy for zahra'u,  Aunty lami the woman she work for isn't a very considerate lady, she is a neat freak and easily get upset,there are days where zahra'u feel as do she she should give up but she knows she have to endure especially for her daughter's sake,
  It's been 2months since she's been working, sure she receive her salary every end of the month and some time especially if aunty lami earn well at her shop she give her some tips,
She's been saving her money,
  aunty lami sometimes give her clothes there are days she also bring some old stock clothes from her shop to give zahra'u daughter, mamah is now four month the little girl has soo much in common with her mother, her chubby cheeks and the cute dimple zahra'u hate to say it's from the man that impregnated her and a very dazzling upturned brown eyes that zahra'u adore yet hate because she knows they belong to the demon that impregnated her.

"Zahra'u!" Aunty lami call entering the kitchen as zahra'u turn from the stove.

"Na'am aunty." She answer closing the steamy pot of fish pepper soup.

"Aren't you done yet?
Alhaji is already at the airport
" yanzu nan zai iso."aunty lami say opening the pot.

"I have already finish everything,
It's the pepper soup that is remaining." Zahra'u explain scanning the expensive glittering attire the woman is wearing.

"OK,
Hurry up and go back to your bedroom before alhaji comes back,
And make sure your daughter didn't make noise." Aunty lami say exiting the kitchen and zahra'u node.

It's the first time aunty lami husband is coming to the house since she started working, aunty lami told her he work outside the country,zahra'u don't really know what to expect, she hope she didn't make any mistake that will upset aunty lami, one thing she observe is aunty lami doesn't want her to meet her husband not that she care but she is just curious, once she round up the food, zahra'u arrange everything on the dinning table and head to her bedroom with her own food closing the bedroom door behind her.

For the next two days aunty lami will order zahra'u to stay in her bedroom until her husband leave the house, zahra'u careless about that,
Arranging the plates in the kitchen with aunty lami ordering her around on where to keep them, they heard a voice from the parlour.

"Shige cikin store ki zauna." Aunty lami say and zahra'u node quickly entering the moderate store.

Zahra'u wonder why aunty lami is soo insecure about her husband, after about 30minutes mamah begin crying due to the heat radiating in the dark windowless store, zahra'u sway her trying her possible best to make the little girl keep quiet as she blow some air with her mouth on her.

"Mamah please keep quiet,
Very soon aunty lami will come and open us." Zahra'u say but her daughter become even more cranky crying and throwing her legs up as she try breastfeeding her but the little girl refuse making her to sigh.

"Come out." Aunty lami upsetting voice say opening the door.

"Haba lami yanzu da jaririya zaki kulle su cikin nan, wani irin mugun kishi ne wanan." A voice say and zahra'u look up at the elderly man.

"Sorry." Zahra'u say slightly kneeling apologetically to aunty lami who's glaring at her in anger.

"Sorry,
go to your bedroom and take care of your daughter." The elderly man say looking at zahra'u and the little girl who's now quiet but her clothes soak with sweat.