25

"Why will you do that?" Aliya say and Zahra'u sigh.

"I can't raise this type of money every month Aliya,
Mama need this treatment for as long as she can." I say and Aliya shake her head.

"You don't love this man and after what you said happened between you and his wife i think it's wise if you stay away from him." Aliya say as Zahra'u sigh.

"My daughter's health is the thing that matters to me, beside marriage doesn't sound bad." Zahra'u say and Aliya shrug.

"If you say sp,
Hope you will still make it to my wedding?" Aliya say and Zahra'u nod with a smile.

"I have to go now,
I'm filling in for one of the cleaners today, are you going somewhere or should i leave mama with you?" Zahra'u ask and Aliya sigh.

"I'm meeting with the doctor later." Aliya say and Zahra'u nod in understanding as she grab mama from the bed putting her on her back before using the wrapper to secure her .

Once at the hospital Zahra'u lay her daughter in the cleaners resting bedroom, she sigh and stare at the little girl, she feel soo tired, she doesn't want to blame her daughter for the situation she is but it's obviously difficult not to, Dr sadiq told her Dr ziyad paid for six months of her treatment Zahra'u is relief but whenever she remember the burden that comes along that it broke her heart into pieces.

"Maman mama." one of the nurses call gaining her attention.

"Yes." Zahra'u answer coming out of the room with a sigh.

"Dr ziyad is asking of you,
He's in the ER waiting room." She say and Zahra'u nod, she sigh and take down the stairs to the Emergency unit.

"Ga ni." She say almost startling the doctor who's standing with his face glue to his phone screen.

"Ohhh,
My second wife." He say with a smile that Zahra'u find rather irritating.
"Come with me to the office." He say and begin walking as Zahra'u trail behind him with a hiss.

"You will just sign this papers,
You know how things work nowadays,
I don't want you to think i am doing this for my own selfish interest." He say with a sigh as Zahra'u flip through the pages.

"Why do i have to sign this,
I will marry you doctor and i don't need an agreement for that to happened,
You paid for my daughter's treatment and i already make that promise to you." Zahra'u say and the doctor she once thought is a good man shake his head.

"Zahra'u,
I'm not marrying you to keep you,
I'm marrying you because i need children of my own, my wife can't give me that and you seem like a good mother material, a..........

" excuse you.
If you want children there are many of them at the orphanage, you think i Zahra'u will bare children for you and your wife?"Zahra'u say baffle a staring weirdly at the doctor.

"Yes,
And I promise i will divorce you after that, just sign this papers." He say and Zahra'u shake her head.

"I am not signing this things doctor,
This is inhuman of you,
You want to used me?
I thought you care?" Zahra'u say with a sigh and ziyad nod.

"I do care Zahra'u but.....
Family always comes first and don't say i want to use you, I help you with your daughter's treatment remember,
One person just have to be the patsy and you seem like the one." He say without a care and Zahra'u sigh flicking her tears with a sigh.

"I am not doing this,
You can collect back your money,
I don't want anything to do with you or your money." Zahra'u say and stand up from the chair.

"Zahra'u." Ziyad call and she turn.

"Tomorrow is your daughter's dialysis session, it's either you sign this or you loose her forever." Ziyad say and Zahra'u huff before exiting the office with a hiss.

Throughout her shift Zahra'u keeps wondering where she will get the money for her daughter's treatment, she thought of all the positives way to get some money but couldn't find one, she decide to make a rash decision.

"Are you sure you want to do this maman mamah?" Dr sadiq ask staring at Zahra'u and she nod.

"Yes doctor,
I will sell a single kidney,
The money will be use for the mean time before i raised more money." Zahra'u say and doctor sadiq shake his head.

"Maman mamah there's no guarantee you will get more than a million which it's not even going to last for a long period of time and you put your health at risk in all together." Dr sadiq say and Zahra'u nod.

"I know doctor,
Just do it, I have already make my decision." Zahra'u say and the doctor sigh.

"There's a patient in need of kidney urgently, if we run some testband you are match you can bargain with a high price." Dr sadiw say and Zahra'u nod.

"Thank you doctor." She say standing up as he give her a pitiful look.

"Take this to the lab they will start running some blood test and let me see what i can do before tomorrow because you know you will have to go through series of blood test and screening before we know." Dr sadiq say and Zahra'u nod collecting the paper from his hand and leave.

****************
The next day Zahra'u come earlier than usual to the hospital, doctor sadiq agreed to do mama's session on  debt, he already sign the papers and agreed with the hospital management if Zahra'u couldn't pay he will be hold responsible do he haven't tell the her but he hope the few test result comes back good so they can continue with the process.

"Thank you doctor." Zahra'u say with a smile and Dr sadiq shake his head.

"It's fine,
Insha Allah everything will be OK,
The lab will forward the test result for me this afternoon and i will let you know the next step to take." He say and Zahra'u nod thanking the doctor endlessly before he exit the hospital room as she stare at her daughter.

Zahra'u cry there's a part of her that is telling her to take mama to the orphanage so she won't have to go through all the problem she's going,
She knows mama isn't to be blame for this, the doctor said the kidney problem is likely a family heredity, which Zahra'u is pretty sure the demon that raped her is the one responsible for her daughter been in this situation,
she fall asleep in the room and is awaken by the knock on the door.

"Dr." She say sitting upright and Dr sadiw release a deep breathe.

"Maman mamah,
How is mama doing?" He ask and Zahra'u sigh glancing at the girl.

"Fine." She say and Dr sadiw sigh.

"Can you come with me to my office i just received your test result." He say and Zahra'u stand up.

As she walk to the office Zahra'u hope everything is OK and she wi be able to get what she want by doing this.

"Maman mamah,
The lab forward your test result." Dr sadiq say with a sigh,
"you can't be a donor."he say and Zahra'u shake her head confuse.

" But why?
What happened doctor,
Am i not healthy enough? "Zahra'u ask and Dr sadiq sigh.

As he stare at Zahra'u he knows she probably haven't come to hospital for a while, she's probably a victim and it breaks him that he will have to share the bad news with her.

Don't forget to drop your comments and votes.