Chapter 35 - Number one at everything

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 35 — Number one at everything

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

"Uhm, someone else hearing this?" Mina asked and raised an eyebrow when she stood in front of the appartement door with a little present in her hands and her friends behind her. The others hummed agreeing, hearing the dull music and voices too and instead of ringing or knocking they just opened the door carefully getting the most precious sight they might ever get. Mina took her phone out and started filming right away. Katsuki stood in the kitchen with Ochako who still had some shimmering eyes, probably from stress-tears but now was smiling again. But the actual rare sight was rather what they were doing. Katsuki and Ochako sang along to some sappy songs of a boyband while dancing. Ochako used a spatula as microphone additionally and enjoyed herself in the fullest.
Everyone snuck inside and they closed the door again, looking at the two fooling adults with shit eating grins yet held back their laughter to enjoy the show a bit more. Momo hid behind Shoto, her face buried in the dual haireds shirt, just glancing over his shoulder so she wouldn't interrupt them, while the dual haired watched his two friends amused. His doubts slowly but surely disappeard that Katsuki wouldn't take good care of Ochako. He obviously did even if he didn't show publicaly or in front of them. Denki and Kyoka nodded in the rhythm of the music while Kirishima just admired his best friend once again for going so out of his comfort zone to cheer up the little brunette and destress her a bit.
Yet they couldn't believe the blond didn't notice them already. Either he really zoned out and focused only on Ochako or he ignored them just for now. But he wrapped his arms around her from behind and moving from side to side with her in the rhythm of the music, Ochako intertwining their fingers without making him float and still singing along.
"In another life you're surely working in the entertainment industry" she laughed when the song was over and leaned against his shoulder, still moving a bit with the rhythm of the next song.
"Better not. Dating you would be so annoyingly laborious and I rather want it to be stressless" he chuckled and Mina couldn't hold it back any longer, squealed at the comment and covered her mouth right away. Katsukis expression changed from happy and loving to shocked within a split second.
"When did you get in? Why didn't you knock or ring the bell?" he asked and took a step back. Ochako almost stumbled backwards but grabbed his hand reassuringly in time. Katsuki stopped backing off and instead just averted his gaze.
"Really manly bro."
"Shut up" Katsuki grumbled embarrassed. He really didn't notice them coming in and standing there. His number one priority had been cheering up Ochako after she suddendly bursted into tears when they stood in the kitchen to prepare some snacks for the visit of their friends. The brunette started rambling about them moving out, all the memories of this appartement, the stress that might come as soon as they had the baby, her cravings and how sorry she was for her mood swings when she suddendly shouted at Katsuki for no reason just to burst into tears seconds after again. The fact that she didn't fit in her hero suit anymore at the time or couldn't do any hero work, her nausea and so much else didn't help either.
"Look it from this perspective, now you don't have to hold back at all anymore in our presence. We saw your inner sap" Shoto shrugged but instead of getting a venomous answer the blond turned away even more and tensed up, trying to hold back tears of embarrassement. He was supposed to be there for Ochako currently so he had to hold back. "I'm right back" he mumbled and vanished to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Ochako looked after him. Momo slapped her husband at the back of his head making him look incredulous. "Ouch. What was that for? It's just the truth."
"You still can't get social cues, can't you? He was visibly uncomfortable there. No reason to rub some salt in the wound" she hissed angrily and propped her hands in her hips. Kirishima carressed Minas left shoulder quickly, pushing her in Ochakos direction before he walked in the direction of the bathroom himself. He noticed the past few weeks and months how tense his friend had been, bottleing up something but refused to talk about it. Everytime Kirishima got into his office after work to talk with him he just denied that there was something bothering him, wishing Kirishima a pleasant evening afterwards. But the red haired then sometimes hid behind the next corner to glance back into his friends office and just see him carding through his own hair or hidding his face in his hands, while his shoulders slumped down.
"Hey Kats? Let me in please?" he asked quietly after knocking at the door and waited patiently. And he actually did it. The key turned in the lock with a click and the door opened just a tiny bit, Kirishima slipping inside the room, closing the door right away behind him to lock it again. The blond stood at the sink and toweled his washed face dry.
"Stop bottleing up please" the red haired asked quietly so the others outside wouldn't hear it. Katsuki froze and brought his hands down. Kirishima saw his tired expression in the mirror and saw how he took a deep breath.
"I expected that it won't be that easy, but together with work it's actually..."
"draining?" Kirishima asked and Katsuki nodded silently, looking down while propping up on the counter. The red haired looked at him empathetically, didn't expect him to be so drained from this. He had always been the one with an infinite amount of energy in Kirishimas eyes. Being able to work until late at night to finish all his work and still appeared on time again the next morning, ready to tackle the world.
"I promised her to be there since I knew it wouldn't be easy and an emotional ride for her. I knew it would be hard for her as soon as she had to go on maternity leave but you know how many times I get up somewhere between two to four am because she's craving something or sits in the bathroom crying again? The second is probably the worse, I always get half of a cardiac arrest, thinking something happened with the baby. But then it's just her panicking over moving out and buying all the furniture and clothes and other stuff again. I don't know how many times she wants me to die internally from any kind of panic attacks when I come home and she sits in the bathroom or bedroom again crying, just to find out she's worrying or she watched a romance movie that touched her a bit too much. And then there's Akemi annoying me with PR and Takashi with management stuff and Fumika with meeting organisations and my calender she organised for the whole next month. I appreciate her as my secretary, she's a great support but sometimes I can't bare it reading a message from any of them asking me for a signature, reading a document or whatever. Then there are the interns from U.A and Shiketsu too and of course the ones for hero work studies we have to take into consideration too and all the newcomers of our agencies who have to learn how things are done there in the respective departement they start in, me giving the permission then for the decision the departements made for themselves if the new workers should stay or leave. And to top all that bullshit off I just made a complete fool out of me. Fucking end me already" he whispered desperately gripping at his shirt, trying to hold back his tears yet couldn't hold back the whice by bitting his bottom lip. Kirishima just listened to his endless rant that obviously had to get off his chest. The blond stepped forward and leaned his head against Kirishimas left shoulder weakly.
"It's not fair, why can't I take it so well like you? I'm the one who graduated with the better grades and is higher up in the rankings. I should be better not you. What the fuck am I doing wrong?"
"You're overdoing it. Just as always only to prove yourself and to be the number one at everything" he mumbled and let the older lean on him frustrated. It wasn't as if Kirishima took it better than his friend did. Mina had the worst mood swings too and was insufferable sometimes. Yet the red haired didn't take his time to get up in the early mornings to cook his wife what she was craving and instead tried to get her back to sleep. Additionally he lowered his workload so he could rest more too and be there for Mina at the same time.
"Your dedication to do everything for Ochako is really admirable and manly Kats. But you gotta think of yourself too. You can't be a hero if you destroy yourself."
"But what am I supposed to do? I own that damn agency and I'm expected to be there if a bigger villain attack happens" he mumbled tiredly, almost dozing off, his hands stuffed in his pockets and still leaned forward against the red haireds shoulder.
"That's what your management is here for. They learned to run an agency too in your absence" he chuckled and looked down at his friend who had his eyes almost closed. Kirishima sighed, relieved that it finally cleared up what was going on that bothered the blond so much.
"Listen. First you gotta take some weeks of work, you obviously need it. Then you reduce your workload too, speak with Takashi and Fumika about it, they'll gladly help you with it. And if you need any help again with literally anything you just give me a call. Just please not in the middle of the night, I almost murdered Denki once because he got cold feet and wanted to leave the city at 1:30am. And he had the audacity to call me to tell me goodbye but didn't say goodbye to Kyoko."
"Didn't know that" Katsuki chuckled and straightened up, both of them laughing over their blonds friends panic attack. Katsuki stared blankly at the ground and then nodded slowly.
"Alright. I'll quickly call Fumika" he muttered and Kirishima hummed approving, before squeezing his shoulder lightly causing Katsuki to look up.
"You won't regret it. Having a bit more time with her doesn't just help you it'll help her too the more you'll be at home."

♡•·················•·················•♡

"Hubby! Hubby wake up I found an apartment that might be something!" Ochako woke him up and nudged his shoulder. The blond groaned tiredly, his head foggy and spinning after he basically just dozed off again. Ochako had had another craving in the middle of the night and after cooking it, he had cleaned up the kitchen before heading to bed again and that was about two or three hours ago.
"Baby it's around seven in the morning on my day off..." he muttered eyes closed. She tried to push him out off bed and whinced: "Pleeeeeaaaase! You won't regret it and I'll cuddle with you later, letting you sleep again ok?"
He sighed and slowly sat up at his side, stretching before getting up and taking his hoodie. "Ok. Then let's see what you found, beauti- Hm? Everything ok?" he asked when she held him back from putting his hoodie on and instead leaned against his chest, touching him a bit.
"Mmmh... ok now you can put the hoodie on" she hummed after a while and then waddled away again. He furrowed his eyebrows, took the hoodie again and walked after her in his sweatpants and the hoodie. Ochako sat on their couch with their laptop in her lap and tapped something on the touchpad. Katsuki sat down next to her and looked what she found for them.
"Here look. It's big enough and look at the living room. It's so spacious and bright! We could easily celebrate a child's birthday or christmas there" she stated happily while pointing at the picture before she looked at him. Her expression dropped into a frown and she looked around in their current living room again. 'There we go again...' Katsuki sighed internally, put the laptop on the little table and wrapped his arms around her the moment the first sob left her followed by a long pitiful whince.
"We can't stay here...It's too small right? But we made so many memories here" she started again and leaned against him, clawing in his black hoodie. He kissed the crown of her head and burried his face in her messy hair, humming lowly. "I'll make sure to take all the furniture I can with us we got here ok? Like this we can take some of the memories with us."
"But not all of them. I won't be able to come back home in this apartment. And the furnitures won't hold forever, like the bedsofa we had" she stated before she hid her face in his chest. Oh that was a bad one. Katsuki luckily already sensed it when he got up and took his phone with him just in case. So he reached for it carefully and unlocked it.
"And when we'll get new furniture we'll make an adventure out of it, so you'll remember it forever" he tried it while tapping on the chat with Kirishima.

Dynamight [7:24]: Help...

That was the general emergency code for Ochakos nervous breakdowns and calls for emotional support. Over the past few days his best friend and him started to use this single word instead of whole texts since it just was faster. Especially since by now it appeared in the first three recommended words for Katsuki when he wanted to type a message. The blond turned on some music he knew Ochako liked and put his phone in his pocket again, leaning back and caressing the brunette tiredly.
"Can you do that? Everytime when we have to get new furniture?"
"Everytime yes" he mumbled calmly, hoping he could calm her at least a little bit until Kirishima would arrive or even the red haired together with his wife.

Kirishima didn't even care about knocking and entered the appartement right away, Mina following suit. But he only found an empty appartement, some tissues on the coffee table and the music Ochako liked still on. They closed the door behind them and slowly walked in, looking for the two. Mina headed for the bedroom but couldn't find them Kirishima directly going for the couch since he spotted the tissues. "Mina" he whispered and the pink haired looked at him, getting over to him. Right when she wanted to take a picture, Katsuki glanced up at her angrily and grumbled quietly: "Don't you dare."
"You're such a bore" she complained just as quiet looking at the sleeping Ochako on top of Katsuki who leaned at the armrest of the couch and seemed like he just woke up.
"Sorry for calling you over. Fixed it myself in the end."
"At seven in the morning on your day off probably just right after you got up" Kirishima grinned and reached his fist out, Katsuki returning the gesture lazily before humming agreeing.
"But it's fine. We'll help here a bit and stay until she wakes up, just to see if she needs Mina to talk to, ok?" the red haired asked, already on it to get a bin and wiping all the tissues inside.
"Thanks" Katsuki whispered before dozing off again with Ochako in his arm.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●