Chapter 32 - Destined to happen

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 32 — Destined to happen

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

The blond looked over his reports and played with his pencil in his fingers. Today was weird. He had an unidentifiable feeling eversince he woke up and it had been irritating him the whole day through. Luckily it didn't have a negative influence on his job he had been able to push it away as long as he was on patrol and went over the whole paperwork with his publicist and managers together.
"You look so gloomy the whole day already. What is it Bakubro?"
The blond glanced at the door where Kirishima stepped in and closed the door behind him again. He was already back in his casual clothes and probably clocked out. The red haired put his bag on the ground beside the chair in front of Katsukis desk and sat down. His arms crossed over his chest and legs crossed too. The red haireds eyes shone with concern and empathy for his best friend, knowing that he sometimes got a bit stressed out with all the responsibilities he carried by now for a few years.
"How the fuck should I know... It's just such a weird feeling following me around since I woke up" he mumbled and continued filling the reports to get rid of them too. Kirishima hummed and watched him filling out form after form, sorrow still written deep in his face.
"I'm right back" the younger sighed got up and left the office towards the coffee corner, getting them some tea. The blond would murder him if he'd show up with coffee at that hour, telling him that he can't get a proper 8 hours of sleep like this.
"Here" the red haired smiled when he returned with the little disposable cup. Katsuki looked up at him again and muttered a thanks when he took the tea in his left hand.
The older filled out the last field on the form double checked it again and then signed it before putting the last sheet on the staple of reports too. That would be done for the day. If it weren't for that weird feeling that haunted him.
"Wanna tell me?" Kirishima offered and carefully took a sip from his tea, checking how hot it still was.
"I don't know it's something between nervousness and excitement I'd say? It makes me nauseous somehow but also as if I'm looking forward to something. But what should there be I should be fucking look forward to?" he grunted, put his tea down and rubbed his eyes with his palms before he brought his hands in his hair and looked at the table.
"Have you done anything special yesterday evening or generally lately?" Kirishima asked him as if he was suspecting something. Katsuki thought about it but then shook his head.
"No nothing. Watched movies with her in the evenings, ate dinner together, went out with some friends at the weekend or just stayed at home and hung around lazily."
"One could mean there's missing just one little thing eh?" Kirishima answered with a meaningful undertone and raised his eyebrows. He flashed a toothy grin at his friend who just furrowed his eyebrows confused. The red haired got up with a sigh and stood in front of the window.
"Where are you going?"
"Safety distance" the red haired chuckled and turned back to his friend who got up too.
"I was talking about a family" he explained his thoughts and the blond stopped in his tracks, the tingles under his skin getting stronger again and causing him goosebumps. Yet on the other hand he was nervous. Incredibly nervous, to the point he felt nauseous again.
The red haired gestured him to come closer and Katsuki actually did it silently. The red haired drapped his arm around Katsukis shoulders and squeezed them a bit, something that came over the past few years. If Kirishima tried that right after graduation he'd probably be dead by now. Yet the blond became way calmer with Ochako by his side.
"As Chako said already. No reason to rush it, but it seems to me that you might not be as scared anymore as you once were. Additionally you got quite domestic."
"Say that again and-"
The blond got cut off by the red haireds laughter, causing Katsuki to scowl. Kirishima just patted his back and then drank from his tea again.
"Calm down bro. Nothing wrong with that" he chuckled anew and then looked at the city which slowly got painted in orange, red and yellow from the sunset and some few lights starting to illuminate the buildings here and there.
"Mina asked too. Of course it's not just a thing you say yes to, because you felt like it. Especially if you have a job where you never know what might happen. So I'm hesitant too but thinking about it, if at all then with Mina."
"Great now I can organize substitutes for the time you two will be absent huh?" Katsuki grumbled and emptied his cup looking at the bottom of the empty cup afterwards. Family... His eyes wandered back to the city in front of them before Kirishima gave his shoulder a last squeeze and turned around, taking his bag and walked to the door.
"You coming too?"
"Yeah. One sec" he mumbled and quickly shut down his PC, took his reports to put them in the pigeonhole for their management to look at it the day after and then left the building with the red haired. They halted in front of the building and Kirishima looked at him. "You're not taking this way?" the red haired asked pointing in the direction they always walked into. Katsuki shook his head and turned around a bit: "Taking a detour. See you tomorrow shitty hair."
The red haired looked after his friend and smiled a bit. "Yeah see ya, Bakubro" he chuckled and went the other way to get home.
The blond meanwhile just looked at the city slowly getting illuminated more and more by the city lights. His eyes wandered to his left to a hill he was still very familiar with. Katsuki halted on the sidewalk and looked at the U.A building in the rear, the last rays of sunshine reflecting in the building. It seemed so calm since the schools had vacation currently but all the students were training somewhere. Especially the third years were working at some agencies for their hero work studies. And the first and second years were probably just practicing, some of the second years maybe already at the hero work studies too and a few of the first years like some of them Katsukis agency took in.
'Would they go there too?'
Katsukis thoughts got interrupted by a childs voice and a woman that called for her son apparently. The blond turned in the direction and saw the kid running in his direction, so he crouched down to him. "I'm so sorry! He just ran away as soon as he saw you" the woman called out for them and was about to take her sons hand and pull him away when Katsuki gestured her to not to.
"It's fine. Getting excited here and there is natural" he chuckled and the boy almost jumped out of his skin, couldn't believe he actually met the blond.
"I know, but still. He's always like this when it's his birthday and he wanted to get here instead of staying at home. Just to see some heros at work. I guess meeting you is like christmas too now" she laughed abashed and rummaged in her bag when her son looked at her. Katsuki turned to the young boy with a fond smile: "So it's your birthday?"
"Yes! I just started elementary school a year ago! And I wanna go to U.A too to become a hero, just like you and Chargebolt!"
'Impressive. Duracell actually managed to get fans with his one remaining braincell' Katsuki thought and watched how the boy took his little navy blue book. It had the U.A-logo at the front, over the two letters in capital letters 'heroes' and at the bottom 'academy' while under the heroes stood in golden lettering a 'Plus Ultra'.
"May you sign this page?" he asked nicely and handed him the notebook with a waterproof marker. The right side was designed with pictures of articles and his social media, cut out and arranged neatly and aesthetically. Katsuki looked at it fascinated and took the pen. He never saw someone putting so much effort in a notebook. It was like a sacred tressure to him probably.
"That's so cool, did you do that all by yourself?" Katsuki asked back and pointed at the page. The boy nodded, his eyes glowing up from joy. "Then where should I sign it?"
"If possible, here." He pointed at the spot and Katsuki did as he was told, still couldn't stop smiling for some reason. He never had that when giving autographs or taking pictures with others. He mostly felt pretty nonchalant at it, just did his job. He was never able to understand how the others were able to smile so brightly at it, especially Ochako and Mina. They were walking sunshines when taking pictures and giving autographs.
"What's your name?" he asked while writting and immediately got his answer, so he wrote a 'Happy Birthday' followed by the youngers name under his signature and handed it back. The other looked at it tried to hold back a scream of joy but then just jumped to his mother and showed her excitedly.
"Can we also take a picture together!?"
"HARU!" his mother scolded him right away but Katsuki just chuckled again and nodded after it, waving the younger to his side. The young woman looked a bit lost but then took her phone out to take the picture of her son and his favorite hero. After she took it, she showed it to Haru and Katsuki straightened up again. Haru bowed at him and thanked him before looking at the picture again. His mother bowed too and thanked him over and over again for his patience and apologized anew for her sons behaviour. "It's fine really. I have to thank you too" he answered calmly and stuffed his hands in his jacket since it slowly got chilly. He turned back at Haru and smirked gently before pointing down the street: "The street down and at the roundabout to the right. See it as a birthday present yeah?"
"A present? What is it? What is there at the roundabout?" he asked excited but Katsuki shook his head gesturing the mother to take her sons hand, which she did right away.
"You'll see. Enjoy the rest of your day ok? And no scaring your mother anymore."
"Yes! Of course!"
The pink haired woman looked at him quizzically and Katsuki took his phone out whispering: "The italian restaurant to the left. I'm gonna tell them so they'll spot Haru."
"I can't thank you enough" she whispered back and then bid him farewell, walking down the street in the direction Katsuki had told them. The blond looked after them for a while, seeing Haru talking to his mother excitedly and shouting something about surprise and not being able to wait.
The blond went to his contacts and dialed a contact in his favorites before holding the phone to his ear.
"If it's work, no. I don't want to" the voice greeted him and Katsuki chuckled tilting his head.
"C'mon you can spare a bit of time for an autograph and picture for a birthday child, don't you Denki?"
The other went quiet at the other end and Katsuki just heard the voices of the other guests at the other end. Then how the electricity user breathed out thoughtfully.
"Are you sick? You just said my name..."
"I'm fine no worries. Keep an eye out for a young woman with light pink hair and her son. Light purple-ish hair, his name is Haru and he's quite the bubbly type" he described them and then looked at the U.A building again in the rear.
"Dude, seriously. Sure you didn't hit your head on patrol today?"
"He's fine Denki. We're looking out for them, bro. Enjoy your evening too" he heard Kirishimas voice, probably Denki had put him on speaker. So the red haired joined the other blond at the restaurant with Mina and pretty sure Kyoka too. Katsuki turned away from the sight of their old school and then bid his friends goodbye too, hanging up before walking home. The thought didn't seem so terrifying anymore. Still a bit frightening regarding the additional responsibilities and what if's but no where so stressful and dreadful as before.

And as promised, when Haru turned right at the roundabout, Denki was already waiting. He stood outside the restaurant's terrace and looked out for him, beside the blond was Kyoka helping him spotting the child and his mother.
"Oh found him" Kyoka grinned when Haru and his mother walked up to them. Denki squated down and smirked amused. Haru was the bubbly type, Katsuki was right about it.
"I heard it's your birthday? Well happy birthday then, young man" Denki greeted him and Haru jumped around happily. Mina and Kirishima came outside to look for them too and the red haired grinned instantly. "Huh... It was supposed to happen I guess."
"What do you mean Kiri?" Mina asked and turned to him, catching Harus attention who almost got a cardiac arrest by now. He couldn't believe how many heroes he was admiring for their work were actually at one place right now. "Nothing. Just thought out loud."
Haru started talking with Denki, Mina and Kirishima right away while Kyoka was talking to the youngers mother for now. The dark haired girl just waved it off that they interrupted their dinner for Haru and it really was ok.
"I really can't believe Dynamight did this to you. But he made Harus day, there's no doubt about that. First he was patient enough to accept that Haru just ran at him. Then he talked with him and even complimented his notebook when signing it. And then also took several pictures with him. Would you please tell him my thanks again? I can't thank you and him enough for this" the young woman sighed and Mina perked up. The pink girl turned around and looked up to Kyoka and the mother. Kyoka also looked like she was sharing the same braincell like Mina for once.
"Those pictures you were speaking off..." Mina began slowly and straightened up. Kyoka shifted her weight to one side and smiled: "So you imply it wasn't only one?"
"Hm? Uhm yes, here let me show you."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I forgot to upload O.O
I'm so sorry guys, I just realised it while I already was in bed and shot up again when it dawned on me.

Anyways eventhough a little late I wish you a pleasant day/night everyone and stay healthy (/^.^(^.^*)>