Chapter 4 - Small but unyielding

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 4 — Small but unyielding

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

Uraraka looked through the rows of her class after the training and soon noticed that someone was missing. A bad feeling crept up her spine and panic filled her body. Kirishima seemed to have noticed too since the taller one raised his hand and called: "Sensei! We're not complete! Bakugou is missing!"
Everyone turned around themself, checking if it actually was true. But there was no loud complaining coming from the blond, no insults and no other trace of him either. Ochako held her hands close to her chest as she looked around and then it clicked in her head. The basement! He went there on his own to check for other civilians dummies and hasn't returned yet. The girl stumbled backwards right into Kirishima who caught her at her shoulders.
"Woah, slow there Uraraka. You ok?"
"I know where he is" she whispered, shook the red haireds hands off and ran to the ruin of their rescue exercise. ‚Go get them the fuck out of here already, Cheeks. I'll check the lowest floors for more extras' his words echoed in her head before he had jumped down the staircases. "Uraraka! Come back, we teachers are gonna look for Bakugou!" she heard Aizawa and knew that he would cancel her quirk if she activated it right when she was over the elevator shaft. Yet she wouldn't budge either and just go for it. Uraraka took her helmet off, threw it up behind her and heard seconds later how the binding cloths wrapped around it. Without a second thought she jumped down the dark shaft and activated her quirk midfall. Her heart thrummed in her chest from panic when she hovered to the opening and restored the gravity for herself. The brown haired looked around, orienting herself and then ran to the right. The first staircase downstairs was found quite fast and she took two steps at once jumping it down quickly running down the hallway further in the direction she knew the next stairs were. She didn't even know why she acted so hastily and didn't listen to her teacher. Her mind only provided her the worst pictures of the blond being crushed under different pieces of debris, covered in blood, unable to move anymore. And that's what pushed her to do it and keep running. She proceeded further and further...basement 4...then 5 and finally 6. The last floor.
"Katsuki?" she asked into the darkness, knowing well enough if she uses his given name he'd snap at her that it's impolite and to not do it again. But no answer. So she jogged further through the rooms always calling out for him and trying to see him since the lights went out again. Ochako arrived in a bigger more spacious room where she spotted a heap of debris. Instinctively the girl went for the concrete pile and squinted her eyes. "Katsuki?" she asked again and heard a quiet groan that was accompanied by deep agony. Her head snapped around and she ran around the pile seeing her classmate lying next to the huge pile under a smaller one seeming barely conscious.
"Katsuki!" she exclaimed relieved and anxious at once, fell to her knees and tapped the pieces of debris quickly one after another. They started floating off of the other and she wrapped her arms under his arms and over his chest. Uraraka noticed her own face blushing when she pulled him to another spot and released the debris again. ‚He could actually crush me single-handedly... Gods no Uraraka Ochako! Now is not the time to swoon over a mans body' she thought and then touched his chest with all five of her fingers. The gravity of the blond disappeared making it a lot easier to move him around and she took him by his hand to walk out again. Careful. Always watching that she wouldn't hurt the older. ‚Ugh I feel dizzy' she thought when she was halfway back and held one hand at her head while she hunched over. Quickly she put Katsuki too the ground gently, turned around and sat down. Ochako took some deep breaths to regain her composure and closed her eyes. She could do this. This was a piece of cake right? She already was able to float around half of Ground Gamma with a tank recently so why wouldn't she be able to bite through a little bit of her exhaustion? That couldn't be too big of a deal.
"Cheeks? Go back and just ...wait for the teachers to get me..." she heard the blond whispering. The girl held herself up with one hand against the wall and heaved some breaths. Her legs were wobbly and she shook her head.
"No. They won't come now since I went for you head over heels. They're probably worried about looking for us endlessly for nothing. Especially it's stupid since the building is crumbling" she whispered too and turned around again. The blond glanced at her his eyes opened just a little slid.
"And you fucking moron jumped into danger for nothing" he chuckled quietly closing his eyes again with a deep sigh. She lifted him up anew and started walking again on her shaky legs, ignoring her exhaustion. When they were about to reach the next stairs Ochako heard a rumble and watched over to the blond. "Was that you?"
"What?" he groaned and quirked an eyebrow quizzically. The rumble echoed another time through the hallway and she looked up seeing dust and pebbles falling down.
"Cheeks! Get away! Fucking leave!" Katsuki snapped as he realized where the sound was coming from. The building was incredibly instable by now from their training. But Ochako didn't think of running away. Heroes didn't run away, that much she did learn over the past almost two years now. Additionally she had been raised near construction sites and had followed her father on several ones. 'I can't just give up now.' Her right hand reached out to a thick plate near her as she pulled Katsuki closer to her and took a step back to the wall. With her quirk she maneuverd the plate in front of them and formed a triangle with the plate and the wall, released the gravity on the plate again and hugged Katsuki close to her while she closed her eyes in a silent prayer that this actually helped. She had learned this theory of the triangle of life in elementary school and right now she hoped from the depths of her heart that it would actually work. She wasn't Momo who was a genius and saw the physics of the single debris pieces by just glancing at them and she wasn't such a good and quick strategist like Todoroki, Deku or Bakugou. She had always relied on what she got taught.
"Cheeks?"
The girl hugged Bakugou tigther and pressed her lips together in fear. Her ears were still ringing from the rumble of the collapse.
"Cheeks? It's over. We're fucking fine."
She opened her right eye sligthly and glanced out over Bakugous shoulder. They were save and there was still a way out. Well the way to the staircase was blocked but at least they would get out of the little selfmade shelter. A finger poked in her right cheek and she blinked, before looking down.
"You gonna let go of me any fucking time soon? Or do you can't get enough of me? I would fully understand that by the way" the blond smirked smugly and she quickly took her hands off his chest and untangled their legs, her face blushing furiously.
"Oh god s-sorry. I-I didn't mean to...Whatever let's get out of here and stop looking at me like that, better spare your energy to explain Recovery Girl what happened" she mumbled while covering her face and crawled out of the cover before pulling Katsuki out of it easily. The other still grinned complacent, making Uraraka snort: "Stop that."
"I don't know what you mean, Cheeks. I ain't doing shit."
Ochako blew her cheeks and balled her fists before turning her back at him to look around for a way out in the dark. There was a hole now in the ceiling from the collapse she could get them up. 'I'm gonna have the best sleep of my life when I'm out of here' she thought with an incredulous stare up and twitching of her furrowed left eyebrow. Nonetheless she removed her own gravity, took the blond and hovered up slowly, ignoring the exhaustion which threatened to make her pass out.
"Release" she muttered feeling the ground under her feet again and continued walking very slowly.
"Cheeks stop. There is no fucking sense anymore in this."
"No" she whimpered and felt her heart aching and tears started blurring her vision, "No I don't stop. Heroes don't stop. We win, we don't settle, always keep on walking, we go... Plus Ultra. That's what our teachers always say" she whimpered and wipped away her tears, the smiling faces of her parents in her mind when she recieved the message that she had been accepted to U.A.
The girl coming from poor circumenstances, which lived in a little house in a little street. The whole neighbourhood had been over the moon for her when she got the acceptance notification and wished her the best of luck.
"Cheeks, please-"
"No. Because this is what I decided to do when I ran back for you and ignored Aizawa-senseis instruction" she cut him off, knowing how much he hated to be cut off but instead of snapping at her the blond blinked and blushed a bit. The thought off Ochako running head over heels back into the ruin of their training made his heart flutter. And it annoyed him again. He was supposed to not fall in love with someone during his hero studies and before he reached his goal of becoming number one. Having a relationship was just an irritation on his way to number one. But he just sometimes couldn't control his behaviour when it came to the gravity hero. "No one can hold me back from doing this. Not even you, it doesn't matter how many explosions you throw at me afterwards" she croaked out and kept walking. They reached another spot with a hole in the ceiling and Ochako removed her gravity again, floating up with a determined expression, releasing on the upper floor and walking in the direction where the elevator shaft was. Of course Katsuki wouldn't stop her. If this is what made her stay, made her pushing herself further forward then he would gladly help her and fight along her side. Only one floor left and then they were on the same floor as the elevator shaft. Ochako stumbled here and there but held herself on her feet while sweat was shimmering on her forehead in the faint light. The brown haired girl dragged herself along the wall with her left hand to steady herself by now while holding Katsuki in her right hand the injured boy getting pulled behind her reluctantly. "There...This one and we're on the exits floor" she whispered watching at the other hole in the floor and removed her gravity the second last time. But she didn't move, only hovered in the same spot next to Katsuki breathing ragged and with her eyes closed shut. The blond moved his aching body from his accident, contorted his own face to a scowl in pain. "Hold onto me" he said lowly and took her right wrist to wrap it around his lower abdomen. 'So small...but still so unyielding.' Ochako wrapped her other arm around him and put her head on his chest. Katsuki knew that she would shout at him for the following, rebuke him but it was the least he could do for now. He set off a small explosion downwards and leaped them up and one again to the side to move them to their right. Ochako had her eyes shut tight, her hands clawed in his black shirt and she whimpered for a second when she realised what he was doing. "R-Release" she whispered again and set her feet on the floor. Katsuki felt a piercing pain running through his arm, almost contorting them but he kept his composure. It just wasn't like him to show any weakness. "Thanks" she muttered against his expectations, held his wrist and the wall and started walking again. Katsuki on the other hand felt how he got dizzier and dizzier by the second, his vision going black here and there for an instant before he blinked it away again. His exhaustion was kicking in and the injuries showed their effects too, especially the headache which probably came from a potential concussion. "There" she whispered. Her brown eyes wandered up to the exit and she muttered under her heaved breaths: "Almost there. Don't you dare to pass out on me now."
"Well sorry to drop that on you now Cheeks, but I do get tired too" he chuckled and she looked at him closing his eyes. "Hey! No sleeping now idiot!" she said and squeezed his cheek gently. The other hummed and mumbled something unintelligible before his head lulled to the side on her chest and she felt his body go limp. If she weren't using her quirk she would've fallen backwards down the elevator shaft most probably.
"OCHAKO!? ARE YOU DOWN THERE!?" she heard Kirishimas voice and she looked up seeing his silhouette in the rear a bit blurry. "Y-yes" she stuttered with a slurred voice. Excited and relieved voices picked up behind the red haired and seconds later Seros voice echoed down: "Reach out your hand! I'll pull you up!"
"Bakugou first" she answered weakly and made him hovering out. Sero saw him in the rear and wrapped his tape around his friends body, pulling him up and Kirishima as well as Shinsou caught the blond. When Ochako saw it she tapped her fingers together and restored Bakugous gravity. But then her body wavered and she stumbled forward. She had a Deja-Vu. The scene of her at the first sports festival replayed in her mind, falling so close yet so far away from her goal. 'Apparently it'll always be like this...Everytime if I'm so close to reach it I'll...'
"OCHAKO!" a voice she couldn't recognize anymore echoed down when she slumped forward and everything around her went black and quiet.

♡•·················•·················•♡

A gentle breeze woke her up again and a warm light filled the room she was in. "Oh I see you woke up dear." She glanced to the side and saw Recovery Girl. The old lady sat there with a empathetic smile and passed her a glass of water she drank eagerly. The brown haired sighed and smiled. "Thank you Recovery Girl."
"Nothing to thank me for. But you shouldn't go so far over your limits sweetie. You were knocked out quite a while" the grey haired answered and jumped down from the chair walking around the curtain which blocked her sight to the door and came back shortly after. "You had a very low blood pressure over the last hours. Let me messure it again ok?"
"Ok" she agreed and reached out her arm, letting Recovery Girl do her work. She leaned back meanwhile and looked outside the window how the sun was setting and the first stars appeared. It was beautiful, she couldn't wait to see the nightsky in its full beauty.
"What's on your mind? You're looking concerned" Recovery Girl asked her, looked at her blood pressure and then added quickly, "Looks a lot better."
Ochako smiled sweetly while tilting her head at the old lady and answered: "I was thinking about a friend. That's all."
"Katsuki Bakugou by any chance?" she asked and Ochako flinched, blushing deep red and watching away. "No?" she whined and burried her face in her hands. The old lady chuckled and waited until Ochako looked back at her through her fingers. "No worries we're alone. Bakugou is already back at the dorms, he recovered a lot faster to my surprise" she provided and watched the relieved smile forming on Ochakos lips before the younger one whispered: "That's good to hear."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and hopefully some better weather than I did at mine.
Anyways I'll hopefully see you the next time again.

Have a pleasant day/night everyone and stay healthy (/^.^(^.^*)>