Chapter 9 - Ambitions

━━━━━━┛ °• ♡ •° ┗━━━━━━

Chapter 9 — Ambitions

━━━━━━┓ °• ♡ •° ┏━━━━━━

"Hey Katsuki!"
Ochako pressed her lips together tightly when she saw the piercing gaze of the older. Maybe that had been a tad too loud for an early morning, she had to admit that. So she cleared her throat and added a sheepish: "Sorry."
"Morning Cheeks" he answered curtly and turned back to his breakfast. Ochako got herself a little something too to eat and then sat at the table a few seats away from the blond.
They ate their breakfast in silence until Katsuki got up, put his dishes away and went upstairs again to get ready for school. Ochako looked at her bowl of cereal and slowly pushed her spoon back and forth in it. She wasn't exactly motivated to go to class yet she had to. If she wanted to transfer in the end her attendance score shouldn't be to bad in the end. It should be somewhat decent so it didn't look like she was a lazy person. Therefore she ate up and got ready herself. She could enjoy the free time after school again but for now she had to go through the day.

♡•·················•·················•♡

That he would ever do that. Katsuki was subconsciously questioning himself for the current position he was in yet he also just let it be and enjoyed it. He was leaning with his head on Ochakos back and read a history book while Ochako was reading some fictional book herself. He didn't even know anymore how he ended up like that. They met for English homework and in the end ended up like this on his rooms floor with some books somehow. But he didn't complain. It was comfortable. Almost calming. And it remembered him at the time she stayed over to give him a back massage and in the end fell asleep on top of him. He smirked a little at the thought of it but then just flipped the page again and looked at the next hero. His hope was to find any ideas for ambitions inside those pages. Something that fit Ochakos personality yet until now he couldn't really find something. It was like running through the darkness. There was no end, he didn't know where he was, where to go respectively if he even should run or rather stay where he was and wait until someone came along his way. But fact was he didn't have an infinite amount of time. One month wasn't a lot.
"What are you actually reading there?"
"A Hero history book. And before you fucking say that shitty Deku would like to talk about hero history, don't even fucking think about it Cheeks!" Katsuki snapped and leaned his head to his right to glare at her. Ochako who was looking at him over her shoulder hummed thoughtfully and mumbled: "I actually didn't think about that but now that you mention it..."
Katsuki grumbled something incoherently and went back to his book, looking through all the past heroes and their motivations to become one. And all the ambitions that came while being a hero.
'Family...Friends...Society...Do they seriously have no wish to become the best of the fucking bests? How damn boring...' Katsuki groaned internally and shuffled a little on Ochakos back to get more comfortable. The hero on the next page had the same kind of smile like Ochako yet not such puffy cheeks like the little brunette. Katsukis eyes wandered over the information of her and he raised his eyebrows.
"What is it? You suddendly hummed so intruiged" Ochako stated and glanced back again. He took the book in one hand and showed the page to Ochako, while pointing at the hero on the page. "I found the chick who is responsible for the 24/7 stuff. Before her there were no regulated night shifts apparently for heroes or at least it isn't stated somewhere."
Ochako reached for his wrist and pulled his hand over to her so she could look at the female hero with pink hair with a gradient to orange.
"Oh she is beautiful" Ochako enthused when she looked at the graceful features of her and the bright pinkish eyes.
"Asahina Hikari, also known as Light Blade. Became a hero after her family got assassinated during an attack in the middle of the night and no hero was available to help her. After her graduation her agency became the first one with regulated night shifts and she soon got the number one hero spot too... Oh gods that's horrible. That event must've been traumatizing!" Ochako whinced and covered her mouth with her book. Katsuki took the book back and looked at her and then mumbled: "She must've been the number one somewhere before All Might, I guess."
"How can you only have caught that part!? Her whole family got murdered when she was a child" Ochako exclaimed infuriated and Katsuki looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Ochakos eyes shone with sympathy but also anger. She probably really did take that quite serious with that story about the former pro hero. The blond couldn't really understand how she could be so touched by it. Those were just empty words in a book. Some ink on a piece of paper. So why was she making such a fuss about it?
"The world is cruel Cheeks. Get used to it. Her attempt with 24/7 availability was already decent but you read it your fucking self in the news. There are still dozens of catastrophes and unsafe shitty places. People still tend to go home before the sun sets and still during winter they have to walk home in the fucking darkness where they are the easiest damn target in the fucking world" he answered nonchalantly and looked at the next page. That heroes inspiration actually had been Light Blade, how creative. Ochako sighed defeated and just turned back to her own book. She knew that Katsuki wouldn't actually understand why she got so touched by such things. He wasn't the person for this.